1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361
363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372
Next

Last
  1. Wyd4
    it was the longest 10 hours ever.
    But worth it

White Lotus and Torq like this.
  2. Torq

The first ten million years; they were the worst.
    The second ten million years; they were the worst too.
    The third ten million years; I didn't enjoy those at all.
    After that, I went into a bit of a decline ...

--

I swear it feels like it ALWAYS takes the full "four hours" to get the charge light on my Mojo to turn off, even if I've only been using it for half an hour.  No doubt it's just a perception, and it's probably in trickle-charge mode for not having used it very long, but it always seems to take longer than I think it will.

And no ... I don't think there's an issue, it's just my perception.  If I was worried, I'd time it and prove myself wrong!

3. dgcrane
    Holy... I just got my Mojo this evening and its pretty amazing with my Note 4 running 5.1.1. Does anyone know if I can get Spotify running though USB out on my phone ? UAPP is working just great, but I will be slightly disappointed if Spotify is not supported.

Thanks
    Darren

4. NZtechfreak
    Works with Spotify on mine, resamples it of course.

5. salla45
    saw this on line just now...

http://www.the-ear.net/how-to/rob-watts-chord-mojo-tech

some interesting points here.

JaZZ and x RELIC x like this.
  6. NikonGuy

7. pitchblack

Thanks! I had the change yesterday to try the Lotoo but only for a few minutes. As a transport the PAW seems to play up to 384kHz/24-bit bypassing the internal DAC through optical into the Mojo. It had no problem to run 192kHz Files but somehow m4a Files (ALAC) did not work. Maybe a FW Problem of the demo unit (FW 6.1.0.4).

8. salla45
    usually best to use Line out mode, imho. 

9. pitchblack
    After heading home I had the change to try in another store the old mighty AK120 (only for a moon price I'm still in Switzerland :wink:. Anyway the AK120 was able to run 192 kHz through my Forest AudioQuest cable. Sadly my AK240 is not.... there is it the final confimation there's something wrong with my (AK)unit.

10. salla45
    Just posted a new thread if anyone's interested to partake. Maybe nice to build up a repository for some great system ideas round Mojo/Hugo.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/788287/best-system-synergy-for-chord-mojo-and-possibly-hugo-amp-speakers-headphones

11. x RELIC x Contributor

Remember that line level output on the Mojo is just a shortcut to 3V. It's the same output source whether you have double red volume lights or double blue volume lights. The only difference is the voltage output level as you are not bypassing a seperate amp in the Mojo (there is none - it's direct from the DACs analogue stage). That said it would probably be best for the speaker to be what adjusts the volume and set the Mojo to line level output. If the speaker amp can't handle a 3V input (you may hear distortion) just lower the volume (voltage output) on the Mojo.

12. salla45
    true enough. I don't get distortion when feeding my Audioengines, but it REALLY comes on loud. Not much adjustment via the speakers before it's maxed out! At line-out that is. But the sound is good!

13. x RELIC x Contributor

Yeah, for sure! 3V is actually pretty hot as 2V is the standard for CD players and most line out implementations. The point is, turning down the volume on Mojo doesn't take it out of the 'line out mode', except for reducing the voltage level output. It will remain just as clean a signal.

salla45 likes this.
  14. salla45
    my thoughts too. 3v is "hot" like you say. Wonder why they didn't got for 2v. And yep, the line out mode is more of an "instant max vol" option :)

15. x RELIC x Contributor

Max is 5V RMS, but wonder why they chose 3V as well.

First

Back
352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361
363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372
Next

Last