Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 19, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #5,417 of 42,765
  it was the longest 10 hours ever.
But worth it

The first ten million years; they were the worst.
The second ten million years; they were the worst too.
The third ten million years; I didn't enjoy those at all.
After that, I went into a bit of a decline ...

--

I swear it feels like it ALWAYS takes the full "four hours" to get the charge light on my Mojo to turn off, even if I've only been using it for half an hour.  No doubt it's just a perception, and it's probably in trickle-charge mode for not having used it very long, but it always seems to take longer than I think it will.

And no ... I don't think there's an issue, it's just my perception.  If I was worried, I'd time it and prove myself wrong!

Nov 20, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #5,418 of 42,765
Holy... I just got my Mojo this evening and its pretty amazing with my Note 4 running 5.1.1. Does anyone know if I can get Spotify running though USB out on my phone ? UAPP is working just great, but I will be slightly disappointed if Spotify is not supported.

Thanks
Darren

Nov 20, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #5,419 of 42,765
Works with Spotify on mine, resamples it of course.

Nov 20, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #5,422 of 42,765
yep, works great, just waiting on a syscocepts custom optical cable, should have it in the next day or two.  I love the PAW5k as a transport and it matches fairly well size wise. It does have a limit of 24/96 if that bothers you.

Thanks! I had the change yesterday to try the Lotoo but only for a few minutes. As a transport the PAW seems to play up to 384kHz/24-bit bypassing the internal DAC through optical into the Mojo. It had no problem to run 192kHz Files but somehow m4a Files (ALAC) did not work. Maybe a FW Problem of the demo unit (FW 6.1.0.4).

Nov 20, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #5,424 of 42,765
After heading home I had the change to try in another store the old mighty AK120 (only for a moon price I'm still in Switzerland :wink:. Anyway the AK120 was able to run 192 kHz through my Forest AudioQuest cable. Sadly my AK240 is not.... there is it the final confimation there's something wrong with my (AK)unit.

Nov 20, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #5,425 of 42,765
Just posted a new thread if anyone's interested to partake. Maybe nice to build up a repository for some great system ideas round Mojo/Hugo.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/788287/best-system-synergy-for-chord-mojo-and-possibly-hugo-amp-speakers-headphones

Nov 20, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #5,426 of 42,765
I have just got a pair of JBL LSR305 monitor speakers to go with my Mojo, is it best to set the volume on the speakers to max and control the volume via the Mojo or put the Mojo into line out mode and use the speaker volume?

Any help appreciated! 

Remember that line level output on the Mojo is just a shortcut to 3V. It's the same output source whether you have double red volume lights or double blue volume lights. The only difference is the voltage output level as you are not bypassing a seperate amp in the Mojo (there is none - it's direct from the DACs analogue stage). That said it would probably be best for the speaker to be what adjusts the volume and set the Mojo to line level output. If the speaker amp can't handle a 3V input (you may hear distortion) just lower the volume (voltage output) on the Mojo.

Nov 20, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #5,427 of 42,765
Remember that line level output on the Mojo is just a shortcut to 3V. It's the same output source whether you have double red volume lights or double blue volume lights. The only difference is the voltage output level as you are not bypassing a seperate amp in the Mojo (there is none - it's direct from the DACs analogue stage). That said it would probably be best for the speaker to be what adjusts the volume and set the Mojo to line level output. If the speaker amp can't handle a 3V input (you may hear distortion) just lower the volume (voltage output) on the Mojo.

true enough. I don't get distortion when feeding my Audioengines, but it REALLY comes on loud. Not much adjustment via the speakers before it's maxed out! At line-out that is. But the sound is good!

Nov 20, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #5,428 of 42,765
true enough. I don't get distortion when feeding my Audioengines, but it REALLY comes on loud. Not much adjustment via the speakers before it's maxed out! At line-out that is. But the sound is good!

Yeah, for sure! 3V is actually pretty hot as 2V is the standard for CD players and most line out implementations. The point is, turning down the volume on Mojo doesn't take it out of the 'line out mode', except for reducing the voltage level output. It will remain just as clean a signal.

Nov 20, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #5,429 of 42,765
Yeah, for sure! 3V is actually pretty hot as 2V is the standard for CD players and most line out implementations. The point is, turning down the volume on Mojo doesn't take it out of the 'line out mode', except for reducing the voltage level output. It will remain just as clean a signal.

my thoughts too. 3v is "hot" like you say. Wonder why they didn't got for 2v. And yep, the line out mode is more of an "instant max vol" option :)

Nov 20, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #5,430 of 42,765
my thoughts too. 3v is "hot" like you say. Wonder why they didn't got for 2v. And yep, the line out mode is more of an "instant max vol" option :)

Max is 5V RMS, but wonder why they chose 3V as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back