Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 18, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #5,311 of 42,765
well, watching girlfriends strip does tend to make me nod now. But other women, yes I agree

Lol...I hope she doesn't see what you just said roflmao ... But in truth we speak...hence I said 'new girl friend' roflmao :D. It is the same as changing, swapping, upgrading gears on your music collections.

All the new things counting from the design, the technology...etc are new. Hence we all are struck by upgradatis:D

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #5,313 of 42,765
  Is the Mojo battery user replaceable? what is the life expectancy of Battery? can some share links on discussion/comparison with GO V2, DF and Oppo. Thanks

Looks easy to replace IMO, if you can source a compatible battery

Nov 18, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #5,315 of 42,765
Whoever gave you a degree for psychology must have been seriously nodding off when he gave it to you. When something peaks your interest you wake up, heartbeat gets faster and you get more alert and become focused at the subject. I don't remember ever falling asleep and nodding off when I got my first Nintendo games but I do remember nodding off watching freaking golf when I was 11.

Sigh...

I was obviously not talking about situations when you are actively doing something, like playing a video game.

I was referring to the body relaxation many people experience when doing something passive, like reading, watching tv or listening to music. 

I think he was smoking a doobie in his classes while listening to music.

This is true.

Nov 18, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #5,316 of 42,765
  Ha you are right. It should be DoP. I am not actually sure why I thought it was PoM. 

I thought maybe you meant DoP but also, just maybe there was a new acronym for something I was unaware of, since there seems to be something new most everyday. 

Nov 18, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #5,317 of 42,765

Ha you are right. It should be DoP. I am not actually sure why I thought it was PoM. 

I thought maybe you meant DoP but also, just maybe there was a new acronym for something I was unaware of, since there seems to be something new most everyday. 

Since we're on the topic - is there an acronym for downsampled DoP, in the manner that the AKs do?  (Jamato, you happen to know why I am asking this - in relation to my requests in that DAP thread that you and I frequent)

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #5,318 of 42,765
Is the Mojo battery user replaceable? what is the life expectancy of Battery? can some share links on discussion/comparison with GO V2, DF and Oppo. Thanks

I asked Chord before buying mine with responses below:

On 4 Nov 2015, at 13:01, Andrew wrote:

Looking at your Hugo/Mojo. Will you provide future battery replacements for these devices once the original eventually wear out, either by changing myself or via a factory return? In the case of a Hugo investment, I'd be wanting 10 good years out of it and most batteries will start to fade after 3 year IMO.

Response

Hi Andrew

We will provide future battery replacements for all of our products that have them in. We are expecting at least 10 years of decent life out of Hugo (this is 10000 charge cycles, which is down to 20% and back up to 100%). If you keep the unit topped up it will last even longer. 

Kind Regards

Tom Vaughan
Pro-Audio & Manufacturing 

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #5,319 of 42,765
I did wonder if the 10000 was a miss-print until reading this about lithium ion

http://ev.com/lithium-batteries-now-10000-charge-cycles/

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #5,321 of 42,765

Since we're on the topic - is there an acronym for downsampled DoP, in the manner that the AKs do?  (Jamato, you happen to know why I am asking this - in relation to my requests in that DAP thread that you and I frequent)

If it is down sampled DSD, then it wouldn't be DoP to begin with unless you mean a device receives the DoP and down samples it. DoP changed from DSD is done by the CPU of the source and sent on its way. 

Nov 18, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #5,322 of 42,765

If it is down sampled DSD, then it wouldn't be DoP to begin with unless you mean a device receives the DoP and down samples it. DoP changed from DSD is done by the CPU of the source and sent on its way. 

Yes. I take your point, semantically; it's not true, unadulterated, DoP, but I'm basically referring to the transport reading the DSD file, converting it to PCM, then downsampling the resolution of the PCM, then sending it over the D-O.

Am I misunderstanding what the AKs are doing?

Nov 18, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #5,323 of 42,765

Yes. I take your point, semantically; it's not true, unadulterated, DoP, but I'm basically referring to the transport reading the DSD file, converting it to PCM, then downsampling the resolution of the PCM, then sending it over the D-O.

Am I misunderstanding what the AKs are doing?

AK down samples and send it as a down sampled hi res file. I don't remember if it is 24/192 or 24/96 or 24/176 but whatever it is, it isn't DoP. 

Nov 18, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #5,324 of 42,765

AK down samples and send it as a down sampled hi res file. I don't remember if it is 24/192 or 24/96 or 24/176 but whatever it is, it isn't DoP. 

What do you mean? My AK240 is totally DoPe brah!

....and doesn't look like anyone is reporting Moon Audio shipments today.

Nov 18, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #5,325 of 42,765

What do you mean? My AK240 is totally DoPe brah!

....and doesn't look like anyone is reporting Moon Audio shipments today.

I should have been more clear. I was referring to the AK100 and AK100II. I don't know what the 240 does but my main point is that if it is downsampled then it isn't DoP. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back