Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 15, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #421 of 42,765
  I don't usually buy things without hearing them first, but I'm making an exception here (hopefully it won't turn out to be a rash decision) - ordered the Mojo from Moon Audio.

Very interested to see how it sounds, especially out of my AK120 (never really warmed up to that when listened to directly).

Quite a week, audio wise, so far - my Yggdrasil showed up a few minutes ago as well ... time for some Scotch and some music ...

I too have the Yiggy/rag combo the only difference is I am drinking bourbon when I listen to my combo with my HE1000 which is my new favorite can...give the yiggy a couple of days to warm up and you will be quite pleased

Can the Mojo drive the HE1000 reasonably well?

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #422 of 42,765
Oct 16, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #423 of 42,765
i do not know if it can drive the HE-1000...i have one on order and will let people know as soon as it arrives

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #424 of 42,765
  i do not know if it can drive the HE-1000...i have one on order and will let people know as soon as it arrives

mmm.......I did not have the HE1K on hand when I auditioned the Mojo but I did have the Beyerdynamic T1.2, which is more difficult to drive than the HE1K. Indirectly, the answer would be 99% yes. It can drive the HE1K with complete authority. I have no doubt about that.

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #425 of 42,765
Just ordered a Mojo.
Do u think I'm crazy to use it for my ak240, while my Hugo for my desktop setup?!
Also is it true Mojo is warmer and more musical compared to Hugo?

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #426 of 42,765
  I too have the Yiggy/rag combo the only difference is I am drinking bourbon when I listen to my combo with my HE1000 which is my new favorite can...give the yiggy a couple of days to warm up and you will be quite pleased

Bourbon would work too ... I just need a recommendation for a good one since I'm not well versed there!

I'm fascinated to see how the signature of the Yggy changes over the next few days.  I've heard it warm before, though a little while ago and not with the Ragnarok.  Based on what I'd read about people's first few hours with Yggy I was expecting it to be a bit uncouth out of the box.  It isn't at all.  I put it in the main speaker setup for a little bit and the soundstage and imaging was amazing, even with my speakers which aren't known for superlative imaging abilities.

Since then it's been all headphone listening with the Rag.  Very impressed so far and I'm only 4 hours in.

One thing I realized is that, instead of my usual chopping-and-changing of tracks to explore, which I seem to do whenever I get a new piece of gear, I am, instead, getting lost in the music without realizing it and just letting things play.  I was going to listen to the first couple of tracks of MCMXC a.D. and wound up listening to the entire thing.

Very happy so far.

How are you finding the HE-1000 with the Yggy/Rag combination?  

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #429 of 42,765
Old maybe, but never forgotten!
Lol.

Indeed!

And I've never heard it like this!

Will be fun to compare to the Mojo when that arrives.

Back to "old" though ... I'm not sure I'd have thought to listen to this album had it not come up when I was just letting "Roon" do it's thing the last couple of nights.  That's been the best thing I've found so far for rediscovering/exploring my already decently sized music library.  In combination with TIDAL, it's completely changed how and when and where I listen to music.

If Mojo lives up to the building "hype" (I don't mean that negatively), I'm going to be spending even more time doing serious listening on the go.  

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #431 of 42,765

I think the only option for connecting the AK240 to the Mojo is via Toslink ... that's the only digital audio output on the device.  Despite having a USB port, I don't believe it can output to it.

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #433 of 42,765
mmm.....just to clarify: Mojo has THREE, not one, digital inputs - optical in (AK players etc.), USB in (micro usb in for computing devices like cellphones, tablets and laptops/MacBooks) and coaxial in (example Hifiman and iBasso players) . For output, it has an analog line-out (3 Volts line-level output) which has to be activated (through either 3.5 mm headphone out).  Here is the manual of operations:

http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/mojo/manual/Mojo-User-Manual.pdf

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #434 of 42,765
Just ordered a Mojo.
Do u think I'm crazy to use it for my ak240, while my Hugo for my desktop setup?!
Also is it true Mojo is warmer and more musical compared to Hugo?

Not really.  I think you will be just fine using an IEM out of your AK240; however, the MOJO can help out a great deal for more difficult to drive headphones.  In my case, I am perfectly happy with my ZX2 driving my JH13pro FP but the MOJO has proven to be a great addition as a add on solution to drive my HD800 and even the HE1000.  The MOJO really pack punch for something the same size as Headamp Pico DAC/AMP.

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #435 of 42,765

mmm.......I did not have the HE1K on hand when I auditioned the Mojo but I did have the Beyerdynamic T1.2, which is more difficult to drive than the HE1K. Indirectly, the answer would be 99% yes. It can drive the HE1K with complete authority. I have no doubt about that.

I hate to double post but the answer is a big "YES".  The MOJO punchier sound signature really work well with the HE1000 some what smooth and laid back character.  I tried the ZX2>MOJO>HE-1000 and I absolutely enjoy it.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back