Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 17, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #41,911 of 42,765
Does anyone have and recommendations for a small optical toslink cable? I've had enough of the sketch connection on the Poly so I would rather use Chromecast Audio and a battery pack so I am interested in a very short optical cable.

Sep 17, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #41,912 of 42,765
Lifatec

Sep 18, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #41,913 of 42,765
The thickness of the stack shown in the first photo wraps perfectly in my hand (thanks to the ultra slim external USB battery pack powering the Mojo) any thinner and the tip of my fingers would reach/rest on the volume balls.
I just had to check my calendar. Yes it sure is 2021. Perplexing that one has to carry such a thick stack to get the sound quality you are getting. I hope Chord is able to shrink this technology down or at least combine more of that functionality into a single device. I want a true DAP with a Rob Watts DAC inside it.

Sep 18, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #41,914 of 42,765
I just had to check my calendar. Yes it sure is 2021. Perplexing that one has to carry such a thick stack to get the sound quality you are getting. I hope Chord is able to shrink this technology down or at least combine more of that functionality into a single device. I want a true DAP with a Rob Watts DAC inside it.
And an OS that is anything but android

Sep 18, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #41,915 of 42,765
And an OS that is anything but android
Unfortunately that’s likely not gonna happen.

My Mojo sounds so much better than my previous mobile device, a Pono. And yet I used the Pono so much more often because of how self-sufficient it was. Insert an SD card and it would index it automatically if needed and then you can start listening. I would love for the next Poly/Mojo to make it that easy. They should put a small screen on it that would enable playback without having to control it with a phone. Tough to believe that it is 2021 and a device made in 2014 was actually so much easier to use.

Sep 18, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #41,916 of 42,765
I would like a caravan, that wouldn't need a car to pull it, so my wife can go shopping while I go on a little trip.
Also, this caravan should have its own engine & steering wheel so it goes round curves better.
Any one has any ideas, where to get such a thing? 😊

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #41,917 of 42,765
I would like a caravan, that wouldn't need a car to pull it, so my wife can go shopping while I go on a little trip.
Also, this caravan should have its own engine & steering wheel so it goes round curves better.
Any one has any ideas, where to get such a thing? 😊
If you really want that, then you might have to wait some time and hope there is enough demand and advancement in technology for that to be possible.

In the mean time, there are already a lot of portable devices (DAC's, DAP's...) that come with better controls, Display, I/O options & other features, so wanting some of these features for Mojo 2 is not really that big a deal.

When I'm out for shopping, walks or on bus/train, the convenience and ease of use from some of my devices like NW-A105, LG G8x, BC3 or BTR5 is something the current Mojo (on it's own) cannot match. Lately I'm finding it a chore to carry my Mojo bundle because of the extra bulk, weight...etc. I still use it at home from time to time when I'm not using my iDSD Signature but not so much outside.

Personally, I would like the Mojo 2 to have improved sound quality if possible with improvements in it's features like Type C, better battery... and for Poly 2, a more drastic change maybe? What if Poly 2 was larger (Phone Size) with latest bluetooth codecs, display and volume pot... and Mojo 2 can be docked inside the Poly 2 to convert the whole setup into a DAP 🤔. Just my personal thoughts, we'll have to wait and see what Chord comes up with...

Sep 19, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #41,918 of 42,765
This is my portable set up theses days, the flexibility of the short optical cable allows me to stack the DAP & Mojo in different ways.

The thickness of the stack shown in the first photo wraps perfectly in my hand (thanks to the ultra slim external USB battery pack powering the Mojo) any thinner and the tip of my fingers would reach/rest on the volume balls.

I am one of those people who prefers using a dedicated DAP as opposed to a smartphone because i don't like music getting interrupted by phone calls, messaging, etc and more importantly; the reduced battery life. Besides, smartphones are thin enough to slide in any other pocket.

I would do that myself bar one issue. It's not practical to put in a pocket, with Mojo having cables at both ends.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #41,919 of 42,765
I would do that myself bar one issue. It's not practical to put in a pocket, with Mojo having cables at both ends.
I think most of you have seen my solution - stacked with a Hiby R3 DAP the Mojo becomes an acceptable, portable solution IMO. It‘s still quite bulky, but the 3D printed case makes the stack rigid, and the coax cable is mechanically very robust. Also controlling the buttons on both the Mojo and the R3 is intuitive even without looking.

I don‘t often use it on the move, but for air travel, train or bus it‘s a great solution.
796DC87C-D26F-46D2-8E29-FB1E34F8DCA9.jpeg

1EFC7E87-BA52-4898-8092-D495472A815D.jpeg

Sep 19, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #41,920 of 42,765
If you really want that, then you might have to wait some time and hope there is enough demand and advancement in technology for that to be possible.

In the mean time, there are already a lot of portable devices (DAC's, DAP's...) that come with better controls, Display, I/O options & other features, so wanting some of these features for Mojo 2 is not really that big a deal.

When I'm out for shopping, walks or on bus/train, the convenience and ease of use from some of my devices like NW-A105, LG G8x, BC3 or BTR5 is something the current Mojo (on it's own) cannot match. Lately I'm finding it a chore to carry my Mojo bundle because of the extra bulk, weight...etc. I still use it at home from time to time when I'm not using my iDSD Signature but not so much outside.

Personally, I would like the Mojo 2 to have improved sound quality if possible with improvements in it's features like Type C, better battery... and for Poly 2, a more drastic change maybe? What if Poly 2 was larger (Phone Size) with latest bluetooth codecs, display and volume pot... and Mojo 2 can be docked inside the Poly 2 to convert the whole setup into a DAP 🤔. Just my personal thoughts, we'll have to wait and see what Chord comes up with...
After using Mojo continuously since release, and going through everything with Poly, I think the sound quality is fantastic and even better sound quality in a Mojo2 would be great. I don’t try to use it for walking around outside, shopping, short commutes, etc. These environments aren’t conducive to the best sound experience, anyway. Running begs for earbuds and Bluetooth connection. But as an “ultra-transportable” and with the ability to play from Room, SD cards, airplay and WiFi devices, and even Bluetooth, then Mojo rocks.

I don’t try to make it something it’s not. But I would always be open to better sound, easier operational use and longer battery life in Mojo2!

Sep 19, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #41,921 of 42,765
I don’t try to make it something it’s not. But I would always be open to better sound, easier operational use and longer battery life in Mojo2!
Well said.
A caravan that doesn't need a car to pull it, with its own engine and steering is a Camper van & no longer a caravan.
I feel stupid explaining my sarcasm.

Sep 19, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #41,922 of 42,765
Well said.
A caravan that doesn't need a car to pull it, with its own engine and steering is a Camper van & no longer a caravan.
I feel stupid explaining my sarcasm.
I got your sarcasm maybe because is too British :) like Joshua Valour said on a power amplifier review “I wish it had a volume knob” 😂 he wasn’t sarcastic…

Sep 19, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #41,923 of 42,765
After using Mojo continuously since release, and going through everything with Poly, I think the sound quality is fantastic and even better sound quality in a Mojo2 would be great. I don’t try to use it for walking around outside, shopping, short commutes, etc. These environments aren’t conducive to the best sound experience, anyway. Running begs for earbuds and Bluetooth connection. But as an “ultra-transportable” and with the ability to play from Room, SD cards, airplay and WiFi devices, and even Bluetooth, then Mojo rocks.

With you in that but what the Mojo is not is a mobile joy. The SQ saved the day for it because as a portable device is a complete failure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back