Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 23, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #38,596 of 42,765
Hi,

I'm using the latest CCK lightning/USB connector with the mojo along with the Tidal app. The app indicates it is playing in hifi... but the mojo's power ball is stuck on red and doesn't change colour.

I've also tried the tidal desktop app on the latest OSX. I've changed the app settings to "Mojo" for sound output, along with "exclusive" mode. Iv'e also tried changing the rate in Audio Midi settings, but the mojo's light still stays red.

How do I get different sample rates in either scenario?

Thanks in advance,

N.

The first scenario is correct. Tidal HiFi is 16/44.1 lossless CD quality (as opposed to lossy) so red is the correct indicator. As for switching the audio sampling rate in the OSX Audio Midi app it should work and I don't have an answer for you other than it's best not to change the sampling rate of the source file and to let Mojo do its internal upsampling that it does.

Apr 23, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #38,597 of 42,765
Hi,

I'm using the latest CCK lightning/USB connector with the mojo along with the Tidal app. The app indicates it is playing in hifi... but the mojo's power ball is stuck on red and doesn't change colour.

I've also tried the tidal desktop app on the latest OSX. I've changed the app settings to "Mojo" for sound output, along with "exclusive" mode. Iv'e also tried changing the rate in Audio Midi settings, but the mojo's light still stays red.

How do I get different sample rates in either scenario?

Thanks in advance,

N.
Tidal hifi is 16/44.1 red book so red is the correct colour.

Apr 23, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #38,600 of 42,765
The first scenario is correct. Tidal HiFi is 16/44.1 lossless CD quality (as opposed to lossy) so red is the correct indicator. As for switching the audio sampling rate in the OSX Audio Midi app it should work and I don't have an answer for you other than it's best not to change the sampling rate of the source file and to let Mojo do its internal upsampling that it does.
Thanks! I try manually switching the rate in the Audio Midi app, but it defaults back down to 44 as soon I start playing within Tidal.

Apr 23, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #38,601 of 42,765
Thanks! I try manually switching the rate in the Audio Midi app, but it defaults back down to 44 as soon I start playing within Tidal.

Seems like the Tidal app is controlling the output sampling rate then, and for Tidal HiFi it's correct. I use Tidal through Audirvana+ and have never noticed an issue.

Apr 23, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #38,602 of 42,765
Seems like the Tidal app is controlling the output sampling rate then, and for Tidal HiFi it's correct. I use Tidal through Audirvana+ and have never noticed an issue.
Relic, yes seems like Tidal controls the output. I’ve also tried changing the bit rate in the Midi app while Tidal is playing a track. It immediately resets to 44.

What’s the benefit of using Audirvana with Tidal? Would this help me at all?

Thanks!

N.

Apr 23, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #38,603 of 42,765
Relic, yes seems like Tidal controls the output. I’ve also tried changing the bit rate in the Midi app while Tidal is playing a track. It immediately resets to 44.

What’s the benefit of using Audirvana with Tidal? Would this help me at all?

Thanks!

N.

I don’t think it would help you with your Tidal concerns as it seems Mojo is just reporting what Tidal is outputting. I use Audirvana+ so I don’t have to switch the sampling rate for each track with different sampling rates. I have a lot of music ranging from lossless redbook CD quality to 24/192 and a few DSD files. I find Audirvana+ easy to use and I like the interface.

Apr 23, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #38,604 of 42,765
Just to chime in about the TIDAL sampling rate. Using CCK adapter with iPhone 8. Typical TIDAL HiFi is red color, but Masters quality lights up as green for me.

Apr 24, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #38,607 of 42,765
can i ask why when i connect the mojo to my computer via the usb cable and then to my home receiver , after few days it runs out of battery, how can use the mojo in my home system without it running out of battery

Apr 24, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #38,609 of 42,765
can i ask why when i connect the mojo to my computer via the usb cable and then to my home receiver , after few days it runs out of battery, how can use the mojo in my home system without it running out of battery
You can't charge Mojo from computer USB as it only provides 500mA. You need at least 1A to charge Mojo so you most likely need a wall charger for that. I would be careful however to keep Mojo under constant charging.

Apr 24, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #38,610 of 42,765

You can't charge Mojo from computer USB as it only provides 500mA. You need at least 1A to charge Mojo so you most likely need a wall charger for that. I would be careful however to keep Mojo under constant charging.

Could also be a sign of a dead battery. This is the symptom I’ve had with devices that I’ve left plugged in 24/7. They seem to charge fully but will only last a couple hours unplugged if I were lucky.

The easiest way to tell if the Mojo is getting enough juice is if the charge light is solid white when plugged-in. If it’s blinking then the Current isn’t enough, as @betula mentioned. If the Mojo shows a full battery (blue battery indicator light) when unplugged and still only lasts a short time then the battery is kaput.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back