Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 21, 2018 at 12:55 AM Post #36,766 of 42,765
having read the FAQ (thanks again:)) , I understand now why I had a loud buzzing sound when charging my MOJO... So now I do am seeking advices about what I the best charger out there for the MOJO:)
There have been many posts providing feedback that Apple chargers, Samsung chargers, and Anker chargers work well, so those are the three brands that I normally recommend.

Jun 21, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #36,767 of 42,765
There have been many posts providing feedback that Apple chargers, Samsung chargers, and Anker chargers work well, so those are the three brands that I normally recommend.
Aye, I'm sorry about this, I know it has been thoroughly discussed, but I wanted the latest inputs, now I just need to search about those Anker chargers and all will be good:) thanks again Miketlse.

Jun 21, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #36,768 of 42,765
Order a Hugo2 charger from your dealer if you can.

Jun 21, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #36,769 of 42,765
I've jumped and ordered from amazon.fr an anker Powerport 1+, as the specs seems fine
Input : 100-240V-0.7A 50-60Hz
output : 3.6-6.5V==3A/6.5-9V==2A/9-12V==1.5A
size : 93x47x26 mm
Weight : 67g

it's "quite" difficult to find a dealer shipping to Reunion island and this was the only anker seller I could find.

Jun 21, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #36,771 of 42,765
Some of you use the Mojo with the AQ Jitterbug?

Try to describe what changes it produce in order to have a comparative.

Jun 24, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #36,773 of 42,765
I wanted to share my own experience with the Mojo, which has also been the one of few others in the forum. I absolutely loved the sound this DAC generate and I have rediscovered many songs and loved listening
to old time favourites on the Mojo. At this price point, they must have sacrificed design and quality of some components. In my experience, the device failed twice, the first time after 5 month, the USB port became unresponsive and the device could not be recognised by my computer. Fortunately, the Mojo was still under warranty, and Chord exchanged it for a new one, not being able to repair the one I had shipped. Second failure, after 18 month, this time the battery failed, or actually degraded in performance. Under a full charge I was only able to get 4h of listening, as opposed to the 10h advertised. Now the DAC is not under warranty anymore, the official answer from Chord is that, batteries are unpredictable, and this can happen, they offer a battery exchange for a staggering £75 including shipping. The reality, as I browse the various hifi forums, is that the device has a major design issue with the USB port and the battery, and cannot be used as a desktop DAC which was my primarily use for it, as both components will significantly degrade quickly. I wanted to warn people that have this usage in mind, since Chord does not provide any guidance or warning as part of the product or advertisement they do.

Jun 24, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #36,774 of 42,765
I wanted to share my own experience with the Mojo, which has also been the one of few others in the forum. I absolutely loved the sound this DAC generate and I have rediscovered many songs and loved listening
to old time favourites on the Mojo. At this price point, they must have sacrificed design and quality of some components. In my experience, the device failed twice, the first time after 5 month, the USB port became unresponsive and the device could not be recognised by my computer. Fortunately, the Mojo was still under warranty, and Chord exchanged it for a new one, not being able to repair the one I had shipped. Second failure, after 18 month, this time the battery failed, or actually degraded in performance. Under a full charge I was only able to get 4h of listening, as opposed to the 10h advertised. Now the DAC is not under warranty anymore, the official answer from Chord is that, batteries are unpredictable, and this can happen, they offer a battery exchange for a staggering £75 including shipping. The reality, as I browse the various hifi forums, is that the device has a major design issue with the USB port and the battery, and cannot be used as a desktop DAC which was my primarily use for it, as both components will significantly degrade quickly. I wanted to warn people that have this usage in mind, since Chord does not provide any guidance or warning as part of the product or advertisement they do.
Well it is sold and marketed as a portable unit not a desktop unit.

Jun 24, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #36,775 of 42,765
I question the dictionary that you are using.
There have been reports of maybe half a dozen usb port failures, from 50,000+ Mojos that have been shipped. A failure rate approaching one per 10,000 units shipped, hardly counts as 'major'.
Frustrating for you, but hardly major.
You also mention 'they offer a battery exchange for a staggering £75 including shipping', which is quite a reasonable price given that some service centres have charged $250.
What price would you describe as 'reasonable'?

Jun 24, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #36,776 of 42,765
I question the dictionary that you are using.
There have been reports of maybe half a dozen usb port failures, from 50,000+ Mojos that have been shipped. A failure rate approaching one per 10,000 units shipped, hardly counts as 'major'.
Frustrating for you, but hardly major.
You also mention 'they offer a battery exchange for a staggering £75 including shipping', which is quite a reasonable price given that some service centres have charged $250.
What price would you describe as 'reasonable'?
To be fair these lipo batteries cost about $15. Plus you have no idea how many have failed that don't use this forum.

Jun 24, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #36,779 of 42,765
To be fair these lipo batteries cost about $15. Plus you have no idea how many have failed that don't use this forum.
If you had bothered to read my post properly, you would have noticed that my comment about failure rates, referred to the usb port, not the battery.
Chord have posted several times that they can supply the battery for approximately £50.
I wouldn't risk putting a $15 grey market battery in my Mojo, but each to their own.

Jun 24, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #36,780 of 42,765
If you had bothered to read my post properly, you would have noticed that my comment about failure rates, referred to the usb port, not the battery.
Chord have posted several times that they can supply the battery for approximately £50.
I wouldn't risk putting a $15 grey market battery in my Mojo, but each to their own.
And my comment was about failures in general. You site numbers based on this thread. So do you think everyone who owns a mojo visits this thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back