Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 28, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #35,477 of 42,758
I just picked up a Mojo and I'm trying to figure out the best way to connect it to my iPhone X. Which lightning to USB do I need? This one or this one? Does the Mojo come with a USB to micro USB cable? Am I in for a world of frustration?

Both will work. However, some say the 2nd one you posted results in better sound. Audioquest even suggests you avoid the 1st one and only use the 2nd one.

Feb 28, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #35,478 of 42,758
Hi,
I this is my first post here.

I am a happy owner of a oppo ha-2 but am thinking of selling it and buying the Mojo.

I have been reading a lot of posts here and I understand that the Mojo is not perfect, but everybody seem to like the sound :)

I have two questions:

1) those of you who have these two (oppo ha-2 and Mojo), do you think the Mojo is worth the jump? Is there a noticeable difference between the two?

2) (more important) as I will be using it mainly with my iphone 6s plus (and also at home connecting my windows pc to my arcam amplifier) the problems people speak about the cck connection not being very reliable really puts me off. I do not want to always have to buy a new cck connection every time it stops working... for those that use the Mojo with cck and iphones, is this really a problem?

Thanks

Feb 28, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #35,480 of 42,758
Thanks. I went ahead and bought both just in case. The apple store is 5 minutes from my office so I will just return the other one once I determine which is best.

I’d be curious to hear your impressions. Please update us.

Feb 28, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #35,481 of 42,758
I have been using both of these CCK adapters for a while now and I haven't heard any difference between them using either the Mojo, or other USB DACs (like the Schiit Modi). The primary issue with using my iphone with any external DAC seems to be that there are occasional dropouts in the sound depending on other activity you might be doing on the phone at the time (or background activity). I find that these are reduced and/or go away completely if you quit any background apps or reboot the phone prior to listening, but I haven't been able to narrow down exactly which activities cause them (except that definitely if you are using an app that invokes the camera, you will get an audio dropout momentarily on a USB DAC (this glitch doesn't happen on either the built in headphone port (iphone SE still has one) or with bluetooth audio).

I will be keeping both adapters since one fits nicely into the USB adapter for the Mojo, and the other one allows charging the phone while listening.

(iPhone SE with iOS 11.2.5, using Onkyo HF player for any files beyond 48 kHz)

Feb 28, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #35,482 of 42,758
Hi,
I this is my first post here.

I am a happy owner of a oppo ha-2 but am thinking of selling it and buying the Mojo.

I have been reading a lot of posts here and I understand that the Mojo is not perfect, but everybody seem to like the sound :)

I have two questions:

1) those of you who have these two (oppo ha-2 and Mojo), do you think the Mojo is worth the jump? Is there a noticeable difference between the two?

2) (more important) as I will be using it mainly with my iphone 6s plus (and also at home connecting my windows pc to my arcam amplifier) the problems people speak about the cck connection not being very reliable really puts me off. I do not want to always have to buy a new cck connection every time it stops working... for those that use the Mojo with cck and iphones, is this really a problem?

Thanks
I bought a ha-2, and enjoyed it so much that remember thinking that if the Mojo was as good as owners reported on this thread, then the Mojo must be something special.
So after a few months, I bought a Mojo, and have never felt the need to switch the ha-2 on again.
:relaxed:

Feb 28, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #35,485 of 42,758
I really want to feel that way too :) with the mojo.
But I am having second thoughts because of the connection problems (reported) with the cck adapter as I will ve using it mainly with my iphone 6s plus...

After a few weeks of use, my cck cable caused some breaks with the audio whenever I moved the lead, but I just exchanged it at the Apple store for a new one and it’s fine.

Feb 28, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #35,486 of 42,758
Does anyone else notice a little "glitch" in the sound right when a track starts playing? I've noticed that before playing music through iTunes and YouTube on my MacBook Pro (Mojo hooked up via USB). It's not a big deal, but I'm just wondering.

Feb 28, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #35,487 of 42,758
After a few weeks of use, my cck cable caused some breaks with the audio whenever I moved the lead, but I just exchanged it at the Apple store for a new one and it’s fine.

So would it be safe to say that usually there aren’t many problems with cck connection between mojo and iphones?

Feb 28, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #35,488 of 42,758
So would it be safe to say that usually there aren’t many problems with cck connection between mojo and iphones?
I can’t say really as I’ve mostly used the poly. But surely Apple cck cables work in the majority of cases most of the time.
Even if you got a years use and it’s warranty expired, you’d probably have got you’re money’s worth, though it’s not good enough that the cable wouldn’t last as long as a year - hypothetically.

Feb 28, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #35,490 of 42,758
Has anyone been using the Mojo has a dac connected to a good amplifier and speakers?
How does it perform?
How does it compare to other more “traditional” dacs in a hifi setup?

It sounds better. Also, you have the advantage of being able to match the output to your amplifier’s sensitivity. R clicks down from “line out” (3V) will get you about 2V, which is more standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back