Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 19, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #33,526 of 42,765
Hi, my Mojo suddenly stopped working. It can be powered on/off normally, but when connected via USB to my phone the power button doesn't glow anymore. I take that as it's unable to accept the input from my phone. Has anyone seen this before? Is there a way to reset the Mojo / anything to try really
I tested using the same phone, USB cable, with another DAC and that one works fine, so I'm afraid my new Mojo is the problem.
please switch your Mojo off then charge it with a good charger 2amp if possible. When it stops charging and the white light goes off switch the unit on and the charging light should glow Blue your Mojo should be fine

Aug 19, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #33,527 of 42,765
I think it is probably your phone. What player are you using? UAPP?
Did you try to reconnect Mojo or switch Mojo off and on again while it is connected?

I use JetAudio, and I have tried reconnecting/switching power while connected. My Mojo used to work before with the same phone and cable, so it's certainly not my phone (well, I do run Android O beta so unless its internals have changed recently - can't know for sure until Monday with the official Android O drop from Google). I haven't had opportunities to test with other phones - might try next week at work. One thing is that when charging, sometimes there is this weird hissing sound and I have to remove the USB cable. This happened since when I first got the Mojo, so I'm feeling this might be a defective unit.

The other thing is I usually place the Mojo on bed while sleeping listening to music, and sometimes lay on it so I don't know if the buttons were pressed in any weird order/combinations. Other than that, the unit might just as well be too hot and burned?

Aug 19, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #33,528 of 42,765
I randomly bought Hi-Fi Choice (magazine) today. Anyway next months issue has their review of the Hugo 2. I am guessing the review will appear online too. I am looking forward to hearing their opinion of the Hugo 2.

Aug 19, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #33,529 of 42,765
I use JetAudio, and I have tried reconnecting/switching power while connected. My Mojo used to work before with the same phone and cable, so it's certainly not my phone (well, I do run Android O beta so unless its internals have changed recently - can't know for sure until Monday with the official Android O drop from Google). I haven't had opportunities to test with other phones - might try next week at work. One thing is that when charging, sometimes there is this weird hissing sound and I have to remove the USB cable. This happened since when I first got the Mojo, so I'm feeling this might be a defective unit.

The other thing is I usually place the Mojo on bed while sleeping listening to music, and sometimes lay on it so I don't know if the buttons were pressed in any weird order/combinations. Other than that, the unit might just as well be too hot and burned?
  1. Try reading the FQA in post 3 regarding the hissing when charging.
  2. There is not a lot that can be reset within Mojo (apart from resetting the charging circuitry, as mentioned by @Mojo ideas) - most of the settings that can be changed, reside within the phone operating system, or phone apps used as music players.
  3. You mention that your phone is using an Android beta version - beta versions of software are notorious with breaking some functionalities on the phones, and preventing Mojo operating correctly, but everything gets sorted out when the public release of the software is ready. You probably need to wait until Monday, and try with the official Android release.

Aug 19, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #33,530 of 42,765
  1. Try reading the FQA in post 3 regarding the hissing when charging.
  2. There is not a lot that can be reset within Mojo (apart from resetting the charging circuitry, as mentioned by @Mojo ideas) - most of the settings that can be changed, reside within the phone operating system, or phone apps used as music players.
  3. You mention that your phone is using an Android beta version - beta versions of software are notorious with breaking some functionalities on the phones, and preventing Mojo operating correctly, but everything gets sorted out when the public release of the software is ready. You probably need to wait until Monday, and try with the official Android release.

Ok I had a chance to revert to the last stable Android version, but no luck in getting the Mojo to detect audio input from the phone. The Mojo does show the blue light upon a complete charge as @Mojo ideas said, but the power button remains dormant. Does Chord accept mailing in units for troubleshooting/repair?

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #33,531 of 42,765
Ok I had a chance to revert to the last stable Android version, but no luck in getting the Mojo to detect audio input from the phone. The Mojo does show the blue light upon a complete charge as @Mojo ideas said, but the power button remains dormant. Does Chord accept mailing in units for troubleshooting/repair?

For returns contact your Chord dealer first. Can you try one of the other inputs too? I would also try plugging it into a PC and see if it appears in device manager.

Aug 20, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #33,532 of 42,765
  • I'm not aware of any other posts concerning strange button combinations, so I think that we can rule that out
  • Mojo has three separate thermal safety cutouts, to shut down Mojo before the internal components/battery get too hot, so I think that we can also rule out heat damage to your Mojo

Aug 21, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #33,535 of 42,765
I'm currently running my iPhone to mojo to shure se846 and I'm incredibly happy with it. Does anyone have suggestions to bundle it, make it more portable with the cck? I used to run an iPod to a ray samuels using a lod cable and it was so nice and portable compared to the mess that's created by the cck? Any thoughts?
Check this:

https://www.amazon.com/MITER-Leathe...71&sr=8-1&keywords=miter+mojo+and+iphone+case
+
https://penonaudio.com/Lightning-Pure-Silver-Decoding-Cable

I have the penon cable and it is working flawlessly for me.
The Miter case is a bit harder to get where I live as it seems nobody wants to ship it here for reasonable money. :)

Aug 21, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #33,536 of 42,765
Aug 21, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #33,537 of 42,765
Aug 21, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #33,538 of 42,765
How about this:
https://gracedigital.com/shop/3play-bluetooth-receiver

I've successfully hooked it up to Mojo via optical.

When I tried the 3play, as well as the Hidizs AP60, and sent it 96Hz/24bit and 192Hz/24bit files the Mojo power ball would be red indicating to me that the bluetooth conversion down sampled the files to 44.1Hz/16bit. Is my understanding correct? Not really very knowledgeable of how bluetooth works so I gave up on trying to get a wireless connection to the Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back