Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 20, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #31,831 of 42,765

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Right-Angle-Micro-USB-to-Type-C-OTG-Cable-for-Portable-Digital-DAC-Amplifier/262700661665?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D40656%26meid%3D54cf987e62f4449bb8001be84b9ed1bb%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D262565743891

Your welcome.

Thanks, thats the one i have ordered.

Apr 20, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #31,832 of 42,765
One of my Mojos has gone bad, can't get reply from Chord Customer service.

All three of my Mojos ran cool and played flawlessly. I replaced thousands of pounds worth of DACs with Mojos. Recently one of them would not stay on whilst charging and not playing. After a day I would find it with the white flashing light and completely flat, so the charger was timing out. I have tried 3 different chargers (Anker high power 10W per channel and even my iPad Pro 14W charger). If I get it back on by unplugging it and waiting then replugging the USB charging cable in it will start to charge up. I can get it fully charged but it will self discharge overnight whilst switched off. When playing it gets much hotter than the others. I have changed the cables, lengths of cables but everything works with two, nothing with the rogue. I contacted customer support some two or three weeks ago but had no response. Is there an easier way to get this RMAed. 

This doesn't help you, but I've had something similar happen with my Mojo.

The first sign that something was up was when it got unusually hot (charging temperature hot) whilst playing (and not simultaneously charging). I noticed at the time that the battery light was solid white, as if it was charging.

Subsequent attempts to charge the Mojo were hit/miss, always using known good chargers and cables that had worked in the past (an HTC phone charger and an official Apple charger). Over the course of three successive overnight charges from red/amber, the next morning the battery light would be green (at best), amber or flashing white (the long charge time warning). The unplugging/replugging the charging cable trick worked for me as well, but I still couldn't get it back to blue.

Mine went back to Chord (I hope!) via my dealer about three weeks ago; haven't heard anything back from my dealer yet.

Out of interest, when did you purchase your faulty Mojo? I bought mine last November.

Apr 20, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #31,833 of 42,765
Hi all.

I am trying to get a bit more info for current iOS users experiencing a few audio drop outs with the iPhone. Could anyone possibly test this please? Put your phone into airplane mode then reboot? Would like to check if it still occurs ty.

Greetings Mr Wannock,
Sadly even full airplane mode and a reboot does not stop the sound dropping out on my iPhone 6s Plus with iOS 10.3.2 beta 3

Ian

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #31,834 of 42,765

One of my Mojos has gone bad, can't get reply from Chord Customer service.

All three of my Mojos ran cool and played flawlessly. I replaced thousands of pounds worth of DACs with Mojos. Recently one of them would not stay on whilst charging and not playing. After a day I would find it with the white flashing light and completely flat, so the charger was timing out. I have tried 3 different chargers (Anker high power 10W per channel and even my iPad Pro 14W charger). If I get it back on by unplugging it and waiting then replugging the USB charging cable in it will start to charge up. I can get it fully charged but it will self discharge overnight whilst switched off. When playing it gets much hotter than the others. I have changed the cables, lengths of cables but everything works with two, nothing with the rogue. I contacted customer support some two or three weeks ago but had no response. Is there an easier way to get this RMAed. 

This doesn't help you, but I've had something similar happen with my Mojo.

The first sign that something was up was when it got unusually hot (charging temperature hot) whilst playing (and not simultaneously charging). I noticed at the time that the battery light was solid white, as if it was charging.

Subsequent attempts to charge the Mojo were hit/miss, always using known good chargers and cables that had worked in the past (an HTC phone charger and an official Apple charger). Over the course of three successive overnight charges from red/amber, the next morning the battery light would be green (at best), amber or flashing white (the long charge time warning). The unplugging/replugging the charging cable trick worked for me as well, but I still couldn't get it back to blue.

Mine went back to Chord (I hope!) via my dealer about three weeks ago; haven't heard anything back from my dealer yet.

Out of interest, when did you purchase your faulty Mojo? I bought mine last November.

I tagged @plinth s issue for John Franks, who provided this response for owners who cannot use the 'normal' RMA process (eg no dealer because Mojo bought through Amazon).
http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-dac-amp-faq-in-3rd-post/31755#post_13424397

So owners should not despair if the normal RMA process cannot be used successfully. Just politely ask for help on one of the Chord threads, and normally Chord will be alerted, and a workaround can quickly be identified.

Apr 20, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #31,835 of 42,765
Hey there,

even though the described battery issue seems to be more serious, it might help to do a full cycle recharge.

So drain the battery to blinking red and then charge it till the charging light goes off.

Cheers

Apr 20, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #31,836 of 42,765
Hey there,

even though the described battery issue seems to be more serious, it might help to do a full cycle recharge.

So drain the battery to blinking red and then charge it till the charging light goes off.

Cheers

I've had lithium battery issues resolved by this very thing:  drain out and recharge.  As soon as it blinks and is about to go blank, recharge.  

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #31,837 of 42,765
Group test in this month's HiFi Choice magazine

Chord Mojo. Audioquest Dragonfly Red. iFi iDSD Black Label. Oppo HA2se, Rha DACamp II, ATC HiFi.

No prizes for guessing which one wins!

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #31,838 of 42,765
Group test in this month's HiFi Choice magazine

Chord Mojo. Audioquest Dragonfly Red. iFi iDSD Black Label. Oppo HA2se, Rha DACamp II, ATC HiFi.

No prizes for guessing which one wins!

I have tested Mojo vs iDSD BL vs HA2SE. Interested to read their findings.

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #31,839 of 42,765
I have tested Mojo vs iDSD BL vs HA2SE. Interested to read their findings.

What do you think between the Mojo and iDSD BL?

I own both and like the iDSD BL a little better. I have the Mojo more for portability and travel. Interested to see what others think.

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #31,840 of 42,765

I own both and like the iDSD BL a little better. I have the Mojo more for portability and travel. Interested to see what others think.

Check my comparison review here on Head-Fi if you are interested. Both are very good DACs, it almost comes down to personal preference. I give the edge to the Mojo for its depth and natural 3D sound, however the BL is also very entertaining, musical and soft sounding in a good sense.

Apr 20, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #31,841 of 42,765
Any advice on what connector I could best use to hook up the Focal Elear to the Mojo? Without wanting to start a cable debate, would there be massive differences in sound? Thanks from a newbie.

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #31,843 of 42,765

I like the Mojo better, more detailed, better transients and just a more natural, effortless and realistic sound. 
smile_phones.gif

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #31,844 of 42,765
  Any advice on what connector I could best use to hook up the Focal Elear to the Mojo? Without wanting to start a cable debate, would there be massive differences in sound? Thanks from a newbie.

The Sennheiser one is fine and its only 
£5.68​

edit; i noticed you have HD650 so there should be one in the box!​

Apr 20, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #31,845 of 42,765
I sent the following to Chord tonight:

Can you please advise on the situation with iPhone users who upgraded to iOS 10.3 and the Mojo (a truly great device) that no longer works (at least for me) any more than five or so minutes before I have to pull out the lightning cable and replace it. The Mojo is good to go for the next five or so minutes and then I repeat the process. The post on your Facebook page says to wait until Apple releases the next iOS update.

I called Apple today to see if there is any way to rollback to 10.2 (there isn't).  They also said that they don't know when the next release will be issued. When it is, how do we even know if the Mojo will work with that iOS release?

I really like the sound of my Mojo, but saying to wait with no further guidance is not helpful. I know you monitor and post on Head-Fi. Lots of posts there (including mine), but the silence by Chord on this topic is troubling. Can you please advise on a resolution?

Thanks,

David

I hope to get a response there (or here). I did not get a reply to my last message to Chord, so I thought why not post the content here (Hello Chord???). Hope to get a response, but more importantly, a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back