1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. GRUMPYOLDGUY

Gotcha. The Anker ones come in varying lengths and connectors, and my experience with the build quality has been positive. They don't fray or fall apart like some of the poorer quality ones.

2. RPB65

FFS! I despair at myself sometimes. My mates Dad used to say sometimes, "if brains were gunpowder, you wouldn't have enough to blow your hat off!"
    I have the Chord accessory pack! pmsl. Oops. I shall just go and get the nice long cable out of that then shall I? :wink:

3. eddiek997

If brains were gasoline, I wouldn't have enough to power a p!ss-ants go-kart around the inside of a cheerio.

.... and, back on topic...

4. idabgamgsx9754
    If you want to go for overkill, google 20awg usb cable for charging.  For the shorter cables, having a more durable cable helps since it gets turned and twisted quite a bit.  I use a different cable for charging versus music.  

5. miketlse
    Or as my dad used to say 'if your brains were to explode, there wouldn't be enough force to batter your eyelids.'

Must be a saying from that generation.

RPB65 likes this.
  6. TG04
    I got mine from Ghent Audio based on the recommendation of a fellow member and was very pleased.  They ship cheaply and quickly from HK as I recall my total cost ws under $20 for a 12" USB->micro

RPB65 likes this.
  7. hakuzen

i also got mine (and many other cables!) from ghentaudio. superb inexpensive cables, excellent customer support.

8. jwbrent

I use this Anker and it is very rugged, comes in different lengths, comes in different colors, and is cheap.

317bBNTXg-L.jpg

9. Music Alchemist
    Maybe I should've gotten another micro USB cable...

My Mojo's battery ran out unexpectedly and now I have to let it charge again. Guess I was watching more anime than I realized...

10. Lycosa777
    Bought an Anker charger (this) and used the included cable to check for noise.
    Roughly 50% quieter than using an HTC charger, but still noisy. Same result using another cable I bought for about $8 US.
    Anyone else have this experience?

Not sure if I just wasted money I could have used for more music...

11. GRUMPYOLDGUY

These types of chargers will always be noisy. More to do with the AC side than the DC.

You could add some in line filtering if you really cared about it. It'd take a few minutes and a couple of bucks to breadboard it.

12. Lycosa777

Quote:

I was given the impression that using the combo mentioned above would yield an insignificant amount of noise.
    I guess the Mojo draws current from its battery until its full, then switches to direct current from the power outlet, which would explain why its silent while the battery is charging.

Thanks for the response, ill look into that.

13. GRUMPYOLDGUY

I thought when you said noisy you meant the voltage on the VBUS.

What you are describing is something different.

14. Planemaker

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I follow the unanimous advice and will prioritize IEMS before the mojo itself!

As for the 846, I can see few people not liking them. Do you think is is now obsolete or is it just because of taste?

I liked the signature of the 846. Would it be now a mistake to buy it after 3 years on the market? Would you have any idea of other earphones which would sound alike?

Sorry for the many questions as I will not make this kind of purchase everyday :wink:

Thanks!

15. AndrewH13

I've used 846s with Mojo and Hugo for few years, nice match in my opinion. I prefer silicon tips for a brighter sound. One advantage of 846s is their choice of filters to tailor slightly warmer or brighter to your taste. I also have ie800, Katana and 1plus2s. But 846 still has a place in my heart! New colours available now as well apart from the old clear model. The most similar iem I've heard is the Andromeda but still no UK dealer and I wanted a different sound signature so added Katana.