Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 30, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #29,851 of 42,765
Hi,
Nothing wrong, just a little short as I am using the one that came with the Mojo and with Macbook on my knee, the Mojo keeps falling down the gap next to me in the settee! LOL. Errr, just a tiny bit annoying. It always looks like the cable is bending too much. If it were longer................
Thanks. I have seen the Anker cables on there, I will go take a look.

Gotcha. The Anker ones come in varying lengths and connectors, and my experience with the build quality has been positive. They don't fray or fall apart like some of the poorer quality ones.

Jan 30, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #29,852 of 42,765
Gotcha. The Anker ones come in varying lengths and connectors, and my experience with the build quality has been positive. They don't fray or fall apart like some of the poorer quality ones.

***! I despair at myself sometimes. My mates Dad used to say sometimes, "if brains were gunpowder, you wouldn't have enough to blow your hat off!"
I have the Chord accessory pack! pmsl. Oops. I shall just go and get the nice long cable out of that then shall I? :wink:

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #29,853 of 42,765

***! I despair at myself sometimes. My mates Dad used to say sometimes, "if brains were gunpowder, you wouldn't have enough to blow your hat off!"
I have the Chord accessory pack! pmsl. Oops. I shall just go and get the nice long cable out of that then shall I? :wink:

If brains were gasoline, I wouldn't have enough to power a p!ss-ants go-kart around the inside of a cheerio.

.... and, back on topic...

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #29,854 of 42,765
  Please recommend me a decent  (and by that I do NOT mean extortionate costing) USB to Mojo cable to use with my Macbook Air.
It must be able to be used to charge the Mojo as well, whether that makes a difference to the cable quality.................
I am UK based so if you could include a link, thx kindly :)

If you want to go for overkill, google 20awg usb cable for charging.  For the shorter cables, having a more durable cable helps since it gets turned and twisted quite a bit.  I use a different cable for charging versus music.  

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #29,855 of 42,765

Or as my dad used to say 'if your brains were to explode, there wouldn't be enough force to batter your eyelids.'

Must be a saying from that generation.

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #29,856 of 42,765
  Please recommend me a decent  (and by that I do NOT mean extortionate costing) USB to Mojo cable to use with my Macbook Air.
It must be able to be used to charge the Mojo as well, whether that makes a difference to the cable quality.................
I am UK based so if you could include a link, thx kindly :)

I got mine from Ghent Audio based on the recommendation of a fellow member and was very pleased.  They ship cheaply and quickly from HK as I recall my total cost ws under $20 for a 12" USB->micro

Jan 30, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #29,857 of 42,765
  I got mine from Ghent Audio based on the recommendation of a fellow member and was very pleased.  They ship cheaply and quickly from HK as I recall my total cost ws under $20 for a 12" USB->micro

i also got mine (and many other cables!) from ghentaudio. superb inexpensive cables, excellent customer support.

Jan 30, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #29,858 of 42,765

I use this Anker and it is very rugged, comes in different lengths, comes in different colors, and is cheap.

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #29,860 of 42,765
Bought an Anker charger (this) and used the included cable to check for noise.
Roughly 50% quieter than using an HTC charger, but still noisy. Same result using another cable I bought for about $8 US.
Anyone else have this experience?

Not sure if I just wasted money I could have used for more music...

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #29,861 of 42,765
Bought an Anker charger (this) and used the included cable to check for noise.

Roughly 50% quieter than using an HTC charger, but still noisy. Same result using another cable I bought for about $8 US.

Anyone else have this experience?

Not sure if I just wasted money I could have used for more music...

These types of chargers will always be noisy. More to do with the AC side than the DC.

You could add some in line filtering if you really cared about it. It'd take a few minutes and a couple of bucks to breadboard it.

Jan 31, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #29,862 of 42,765
Case 1: Virtually silent, only heard very minor hiss when ear is pretty much on the unit

Combo 7: Anker charger + Anker cable/Chord Mojo's bundled cable = Case 1, slightly quieter than combo 6 directly compared, with no pattern to the noise (always the same loudness)

Quote:
These types of chargers will always be noisy. More to do with the AC side than the DC.

You could add some in line filtering if you really cared about it. It'd take a few minutes and a couple of bucks to breadboard it.

I was given the impression that using the combo mentioned above would yield an insignificant amount of noise.
I guess the Mojo draws current from its battery until its full, then switches to direct current from the power outlet, which would explain why its silent while the battery is charging.

Thanks for the response, ill look into that.

Jan 31, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #29,863 of 42,765
I was given the impression that using the combo mentioned above would yield an insignificant amount of noise.

I guess the Mojo draws current from its battery until its full, then switches to direct current from the power outlet, which would explain why its silent while the battery is charging.

Thanks for the response, ill look into that.

I thought when you said noisy you meant the voltage on the VBUS.

What you are describing is something different.

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #29,864 of 42,765
couldnt disagree more,the 846 is a wonderful IEM for the money.....

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I follow the unanimous advice and will prioritize IEMS before the mojo itself!

As for the 846, I can see few people not liking them. Do you think is is now obsolete or is it just because of taste?

I liked the signature of the 846. Would it be now a mistake to buy it after 3 years on the market? Would you have any idea of other earphones which would sound alike?

Sorry for the many questions as I will not make this kind of purchase everyday :wink:

Thanks!

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #29,865 of 42,765
Thanks a lot for your feedback. I follow the unanimous advice and will prioritize IEMS before the mojo itself!

As for the 846, I can see few people not liking them. Do you think is is now obsolete or is it just because of taste?

I liked the signature of the 846. Would it be now a mistake to buy it after 3 years on the market? Would you have any idea of other earphones which would sound alike?

Sorry for the many questions as I will not make this kind of purchase everyday :wink:

Thanks!

I've used 846s with Mojo and Hugo for few years, nice match in my opinion. I prefer silicon tips for a brighter sound. One advantage of 846s is their choice of filters to tailor slightly warmer or brighter to your taste. I also have ie800, Katana and 1plus2s. But 846 still has a place in my heart! New colours available now as well apart from the old clear model. The most similar iem I've heard is the Andromeda but still no UK dealer and I wanted a different sound signature so added Katana.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back