1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. Music Alchemist

The only way I've been able to get the Mojo to distort is by using heavy bass boosts with bass-heavy music at high volume with the HD 800. [​IMG]

2. KwyjiboVenneri
    lol, i sure hope you don't listen to it like that normally. [​IMG]

3. Music Alchemist

Haha, nah. Without the crazy EQ, it doesn't distort even when it's louder than I'd want it. (Though you can more easily hear distortion that's actually in the recording.)

4. Zojokkeli
    I use Mojo as a desktop DAC mostly. In my experience the sound quality is in line, or above, with similarly priced full-sized desktop systems, and it is portable and tiny. I haven't heard Schiit's multibit offerings, but I do think Mojo sounds better than my Bifrost Uber and Asgard 2 did. Chord's other products are quite expensive, but I think Mojo is a bargain for what it is.

5. betula
    I have to add, I love to be able to take Mojo's "sound quality" with me, when I travel abroad 5-6 times a year. I did not try most of the DACs you mention (although read about them). Some of them however seem to be well over Mojo's price. I will have a chance to test iFi iDAC2 in a few days.

That might be true for Chord's other products, not for Mojo.

6. GRUMPYOLDGUY

I think you mean it's not as true with Mojo as other Chord products... but it's still true IMO. 

7. Music Alchemist
    Anything over $100 could be said to be not the best value...but that's kinda missing the point.

8. betula

IMO Mojo is good value for the money. We do not have to agree on this.

9. Mojo ideas
    You probably don't realise that Mojo despite its diminutive size packs more than five hundred times the data processing of those units. You might say essentially it's got a far bigger heart and brain than that of the larger bodied units your compairing it with.

10. psikey
    Without knowing component price, design/testing, manufacturing costs or number sold we have no idea on value from a monetry view.

Now having owned a few lower end DAC's I'd say the Dragonfly Red and likely even more DF black are excellent value.

Is the Mojo worth £230 more than the DFR. If money was main consideration then no, I'd still have the DFR. From a SQ point of view then to me the Mojo is worth the extra especially if needing extra power without an amp.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

11. RobinTim
    I tried to read up on the following but it left me confused... So here goes nothing:

1) Does it hurt the battery of the mojo to let it charged for longer periods of times?

2) Should the battery be completely empty before being charged again or would it be better to start charging once it is in the red?

Thanks!

12. psikey
    1. No
    2. No. But I always let these things run down low occassionally in case battery calibration goes off as can be the case with laptops ( ie not showing correct remaing charge level).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RobinTim likes this.
  13. TG04
    As far as battery life goes, I think the Mojo is no different from other rechargeable items, your electric toothbrush let's say, which means that good battery hygiene dictates: always leave it plugged in to charge fully and always fully discharge batteries before starting the next recharge cycle.  This way the battery "memory" has the correct high- and low- markers and capacity (the difference) remains.  In truth though, this span continuously decreases in time - I know it because my toothbrush gets less and less service time over the years!

14. betula

I think value for price is mainly a subjective thing, mostly depends on the thickness of one's wallet. I am not sure, if 'objective value' as such exists at all.

15. TG04
    what you say makes good sense