1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. headmanPL

When I work at home, I have Mojo as my desktop DAC all day. Usually streaming Internet Radio as the source. Have to say that I love it driving my Monitor Audio S200

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  2. betula

Many of us use Mojo mainly as desktop DAC, including me. Might not be the most ideal for desktop use, but what other DAC can compete with Mojo's sound quality for £400? I have no problem using Mojo as desktop DAC at all.

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  3. TG04
    Just received an answer from Tidal, they acknowledge that there is a problem in the current version and sent me a zip to re-install v. 2.03 

Update, Jan 19, 2017:  pulled down an update from Tidal today, new version is 2.1.2.177 (previously 2.1.1.160).  Haven't tried it yet, hopefully it will fix the problems with using the Mojo

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  4. Music Alchemist
    To all new Mojo owners:

Don't forget to redeem your free DSD album download! There should be a coupon code in the box, which you apply here:

https://www.nativedsd.com/information/mojo

Edit: See these posts:
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-dac-amp-faq-in-3rd-post/2685#post_12030024
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-dac-amp-faq-in-3rd-post/29295#post_13182449

I posted about it many times.

Well, programming foobar2000 to load tracks into memory is obviously going to cause more of a pause. If you instead put the tracks in virtual RAM drives (so everything is already in memory), then drag and drop them into foobar2000, there won't be as much of a pause...but that's a pain to bother with. And Mojo will still cut off the beginning unless you insert that silence, so sort of a moot point.

It's odd that the newer box doesn't mention charging beforehand. I have the older white one. (Which slips inside an outer box with the same graphics as yours.)

That sort of thing really depends on your computer. No problems on my end.

There were recent posts about the upcoming Hugo 2 being the second best DAC in the world. (Losing only to the DAVE.) So whether something is sized for portable or desktop use doesn't tell you how it will sound.

5. obsidyen

Some claim Modi Multibit at $249 is better. I don't know since I haven't heard that dac.

6. miketlse
    All those years ago, hoping my parents wouldn't embarrass me in front of my school friends [​IMG]

7. miketlse

Some people claim that the earth is flat - but that does not mean that their opinions are true.

8. MartynB85

I use mine as my desktop DAC/Amp too, driving my Elears. Sounds fantastic, and its a wolf in sheeps clothing.

9. miketlse

The only comment i would modify (for clarity), is that with the initial batches of the Mojo, Chord had no way of knowing just how popular it would be. So chord took the cautious approach, and half charged the Mojos, and then advised new owners that they needed a full 10 hour charge (just in case the Mojos had been on shop shelves for months, and the batteries were flat).
    In reality, the initial batches of Mojos were bought by owners, as fast as they arrived at the dealers, so the batteries were still nearly half charged, so most people needed to charge for only say 4 hours.

Mojo is still selling well, so i expect most new owners still only need 4 hours charge to reach full charge.
    The only exceptions are probably owners using chargers that change to trickle charge, once the battery gets near full charge.
    [​IMG] 

10. jwbrent
    Quick question, I have a TDK ferrite choke being shipped to me; does it go on the source end or load end of a USB cable in order to have the best effect?

11. Music Alchemist
    Just bought a JVC HA-SZ2000! Now I'll have both audiophile and basshead bases covered.

(Returning the Skullcandy Crusher 'cause it's nowhere near good enough for serious basshead purposes.)

I see. You sure are a Mojo guru! [​IMG]

12. miketlse
    you flatter me.

i don't remember all the mojo info, but i remember there was this post by JF. http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-dac-amp-faq-in-3rd-post/2685#post_12030024 
    @Mython and some of the other regulars put me in the shade somewhat. [​IMG]

13. zerolight

No code for a free DSD album either. Ah well, I got my free case so can't complain.

14. ninetylol
    Joining the club! Liestening to my Mojo just now and it really sounds amazing. I feared i would be disappointed after all the high praise ive read and high expectations from it. But the mojo realyl lives up to the hype.

First think i noticed was the incredible depth of layers in songs. With my Denon DA-300 its more like mush. The mojo is just really really clear and fun to listen too. Anyway back to testing :D

PS: No DSD code and no case for me :S

15. Music Alchemist

Well that sucks. I guess it was a limited time bonus.

It's a shame the Mojo can't do native DSD playback either; only DoP. (DSD over PCM.)

There's conflicting info out there on whether DoP sounds the same as native DSD playback. I don't know whether it would sound different since I almost never use DSD.

http://www.dcsltd.co.uk/support/what-is-dop-dsd-over-pcm/