Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 10, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #25,531 of 42,765
I'm having couple of issues with my new Mojo:

Battery wont charge with any of my chargers, even if output is 1,8A. Charge light just blinks. Only device that works is my USB battery which gives 3A.

Random clicks in sound. I have Windows 10 and installed Windows drivers from Chord web site. Using "Chord Async..." as default playback device and playing youtube videos.

Haven't read all the 1700 (!) pages...

Do the clicks and pops happen with the computer built in audio as well? Could be an OS error. If it does i would recommend installing LatencyMon

Nov 10, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #25,532 of 42,765
I'm having couple of issues with my new Mojo:

Battery wont charge with any of my chargers, even if output is 1,8A. Charge light just blinks. Only device that works is my USB battery which gives 3A.

Random clicks in sound. I have Windows 10 and installed Windows drivers from Chord web site. Using "Chord Async..." as default playback device and playing youtube videos.

Haven't read all the 1700 (!) pages...

I've charged the Mojo from dead empty with a 1.8A charger... Are you plugged straight into the wall or through a power strip or something else that might starve the charger?

Nov 10, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #25,533 of 42,765
Do the clicks and pops happen with the computer built in audio as well? Could be an OS error. If it does i would recommend installing LatencyMon

There isn't any load on the laptop and I don't get clicks with several other DACs so laptop/Windows should be ok. And no clicks with foobar+chord asio. 

Nov 10, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #25,534 of 42,765
I've charged the Mojo from dead empty with a 1.8A charger... Are you plugged straight into the wall or through a power strip or something else that might starve the charger?

It was with extension cord, so I'll try straight to wall. It works for a while, then charging stops so I'll leave it on for night to see what happens. Have to break-in Mojo anyways.

Nov 10, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #25,535 of 42,765
It was with extension cord, so I'll try straight to wall. It works for a while, then charging stops so I'll leave it on for night to see what happens. Have to break-in Mojo anyways.

Are you trying to use it while charging? That may contribute to the problem if the battery is very low. If it still doesn't work, you might want to make sure the unit is powered down (at least for a little while) while charging.

Nov 10, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #25,536 of 42,765
Are you trying to use it while charging? That may contribute to the problem if the battery is very low. If it still doesn't work, you might want to make sure the unit is powered down (at least for a little while) while charging.

When problem occured I was listening with it. But it didn't start charging after being 5 minutes off. With USB battery I've been listening and charging for couple of hours without problems. Mojo runs hot but that is expected. Of course could be that my 1,8A charger isn't giving what promised...

Nov 10, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #25,537 of 42,765
  When problem occured I was listening with it. But it didn't start charging after being 5 minutes off. With USB battery I've been listening and charging for couple of hours without problems. Mojo runs hot but that is expected. Of course could be that my 1,8A charger isn't giving what promised...

If you want to listen while charging you really need to charge it to 100% first before doing so.  This will prevent issues like what you are having.

Nov 10, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #25,542 of 42,765
The magic elves inside are inactive from the time it ships from the factory to the time you first use it. It takes time for them to get back in shape before they can sprinkle enough pixie dust to get the mile wide soundstage.

Just what I was going to say.

Nov 10, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #25,543 of 42,765
How should someone combine mojo with a portable amp?

What I mean is that, all night i have been listening to Tidal with mojo connected into my cayin c5 portable amp.

How much power should I set the mojo at before I start controlling the master volume through my c5?

Want to make sure im getting optimum sound. Isit a case of setting mojo to red/red then increasing volume with c5 or do i set mojo at max volume and slowly creep up master volume with c5 until happy with volume level?

Cheers for any help with this guys

Nov 10, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #25,545 of 42,765
How should someone combine mojo with a portable amp?

What I mean is that, all night i have been listening to Tidal with mojo connected into my cayin c5 portable amp.

How much power should I set the mojo at before I start controlling the master volume through my c5?

Want to make sure im getting optimum sound. Isit a case of setting mojo to red/red then increasing volume with c5 or do i set mojo at max volume and slowly creep up master volume with c5 until happy with volume level?

Cheers for any help with this guys

Press both volume buttons during switching on the Mojo. It will be light blue or purple (will be reset whenever u switch off the mojo soon). Thats the optimum voltage for making them not doubling the amp.

The bass of cayinC5 is incredible, i did stack too if i wanna to bass with my TH600. The bad thing is, the highs are kinda sibilant. I eq down the highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back