Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 10, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #25,516 of 42,765
So thats why the Mojo has 2 outputs instead of 1 found in similar devices.

Its for stereoscopic 3d vision. Left side for left eye and right side for right eye.

Truly Rob is a man ahead of his time, I bow to your genius, my good sir.

I actually edited that post a minute later because I somehow think our man apaar123 might actually look into it for whatever reason. :D

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #25,517 of 42,765
I actually edited that post a minute later because I somehow think our man apaar123 might actually look into it for whatever reason.
biggrin.gif

you are so funny dude. I am dying of laughter

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #25,518 of 42,765
Nov 10, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #25,522 of 42,765

Nov 10, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #25,523 of 42,765
i am buying a dac amp for the first time thats why i am confused

Hey apaar123,

Don't let the comments bug you, too much.
We all started out in this hobby at some point, feeling lost and overwhelmed...

It's just that all the basic information is well structured presented in post #3, thanks to Mython and it seems like none of the newcomers really takes note.

I didn't read it myself, before asking 'stupid questions'... So break the cycle,rise above! Focus on science :D

Cheers

Nov 10, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #25,524 of 42,765
Hey apaar123,

Don't let the comments bug you, too much.
We all started out in this hobby at some point, feeling lost and overwhelmed...

It's just that all the basic information is well structured presented in post #3, thanks to Mython and it seems like none of the newcomers really takes note.

I didn't read it myself, before asking 'stupid questions'... So break the cycle,rise above! Focus on science :D

Cheers
Cheers

Nov 10, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #25,526 of 42,765
Been a week without mojo, missed this little guy. Sound from my phone is very 2D and flat. Something I wouldnt have noticed in an AB test only after not using mojo for a week. Leeds me to believe blind ab tests are flawed?

Nov 10, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #25,527 of 42,765
Been a week without mojo, missed this little guy. Sound from my phone is very 2D and flat. Something I wouldnt have noticed in an AB test only after not using mojo for a week. Leeds me to believe blind ab tests are flawed?

The real of what we hear is infinitely more complicated than technical specifications. 

To explain, our mental state can affect how we perceive music considerably more than good or bad equipment. 

Nov 10, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #25,528 of 42,765

Blind and double blind testing methods are not flawed. They are widely accepted test methodologies for many things far more consequential than figuring out if your billion dollar cable made of unicorn hair makes your portable DAC sound like a live concert.

Nov 10, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #25,529 of 42,765
I'm having couple of issues with my new Mojo:

Battery wont charge with any of my chargers, even if output is 1,8A. Charge light just blinks. Only device that works is my USB battery which gives 3A.

Random clicks in sound. I have Windows 10 and installed Windows drivers from Chord web site. Using "Chord Async..." as default playback device and playing youtube videos.

Haven't read all the 1700 (!) pages...

Nov 10, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #25,530 of 42,765
Blind and double blind testing methods are not flawed. They are widely accepted test methodologies for many things far more consequential than figuring out if your billion dollar cable made of unicorn hair makes your portable DAC sound like a live concert.

Not so sure about that.
The fact that a double blind test puts the tester under stress and searching for differences may put the focus on aspects that are not essential to the musicality of a component.
Personally i never found blind test to be effective.
Listening to gear for a few weeks in a relaxed context otherwise is very concluding.
But you need a certain experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back