Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 23, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #23,071 of 42,765
Guilty as charged.

A bit like this? no pun intended!
blink.gif

Sep 23, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #23,072 of 42,765

Yeah, that seems to be the problem. Every time it does it almost always turns back off quickly as though the battery is drained. It's red and blinking then goes off until I let it sit and charge for awhile. Once it's fully charged the next day it'll do the same thing... It's like it is losing the battery durability but it's only 3 months old and I leave it plugged in all the time. The Hugo never had a single issue like this so idk...

I had this problem too. I think Mojo does't play nice with certain chargers. Try using another charger, preferably one that is 'simpler' (don't use USB ports on your computer or smartphone power adapters).

Sep 23, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #23,073 of 42,765
Just a quick query,

I just got my Moto E3 power mobile, but it's charger output is 5.2 V/2A.
Will it harm if i charge my mojo with this charger ?

I know Mojo need only 5V/1A. But it's 5.2V, please help.

Sep 23, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #23,076 of 42,765
  Just a quick query,

IMO, a quick answer from me is that is fine as the voltage applied usually drops under load, either way I would still use it.

I am sure that Chord will have tolerance limit in their design that only they could clarify for us.

Sep 23, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #23,077 of 42,765

Just a quick query,

IMO, a quick answer from me is that is fine as the voltage applied usually drops under load, either way I would still use it.

I am sure that Chord will have tolerance limit in their design that only they could clarify for us.

I didn't realise there were USB chargers exceeding the 5V standard - in that instance, I suppose the charger could (depending on how well Mojos charging circuit is protected) potentially 'force' charging at an undesired rate.

However, knowing how fastidious Rob, John and Matt are in their circuit designs, I suspect they would take the precaution of including over-voltage protection on Mojos charging input.

Yes there is over voltage protection on the charging port. This is intended for initial protection upon connection to avoid inductive over voltage surges damaging Mojo. The USB input must be a USB legal 5v input; the over voltage chargers have a communications protocol to set the voltage higher than the usual 5v; Mojo does not have this protocol, so a USB charger should not be able to deliver more than 5v.

Rob

Sep 23, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #23,078 of 42,765

Just a quick query,

I didn't realise there were USB chargers exceeding the 5V standard - in that instance, I suppose the charger could (depending on how well Mojos charging circuit is protected) potentially 'force' charging at an undesired rate.

However, knowing how fastidious Rob, John and Matt are in their circuit designs, I suspect they would take the precaution of including over-voltage protection on Mojos charging input.

Yes there is over voltage protection on the charging port. This is intended for initial protection upon connection to avoid inductive over voltage surges damaging Mojo. The USB input must be a USB legal 5v input; the over voltage chargers have a communications protocol to set the voltage higher than the usual 5v; Mojo does not have this protocol, so a USB charger should not be able to deliver more than 5v.

Rob

thanks, i will use this charge with Mojo then, thank you all for quick responses :)

Sep 23, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #23,079 of 42,765
Thanks Mython!

A 0.2 volt variance is small and we don't know how accurate his meter is.

IMO, if Chord have no real world tolerance built into their design then that is their problem, the user has a one year guarantee! 
tongue.gif

Sep 23, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #23,080 of 42,765
  Thanks Mython!

A 0.2 volt variance is small and we don't know accurate his meter is.

IMO, if Chord have no real world tolerance built into their design then that is their problem, the user has a one years guarantee! 
tongue.gif

And if i get the problem just after one year :D

Sep 23, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #23,081 of 42,765
  And if i get the problem just after one year :D

Just make sure that you have that problem before the year is up!
biggrin.gif

Talking about the real world, in Ireland yesterday, some unfortunate person being brought to hospital in an ambulance got killed while waiting outside the hospital ( and the paramedics also got badly injured) when they think the oxygen cylinder blew up.
confused.gif

Sep 23, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #23,083 of 42,765
Anyways does anyone think that the $50 - 2 inch android device would work to feed mojo. I posted it on last page but has been skipped.

I am not able to recall if anyone had confirmed if the phone you had shared worked with the Mojo or not, but many months back someone had confirmed that this one worked:

https://www.amazon.com/Inches-Android-Smart-Phone-Unlocked/dp/B00NHFQU0Y/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1474649513&sr=8-6&keywords=mini+android+phone

Edit:

Found the post: http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/13440#post_12425559

Sep 23, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #23,084 of 42,765

Anyways does anyone think that the $50 - 2 inch android device would work to feed mojo. I posted it on last page but has been skipped.

I am not able to recall if anyone had confirmed if the phone you had shared worked with the Mojo or not, but many months back someone had confirmed that this one worked:

https://www.amazon.com/Inches-Android-Smart-Phone-Unlocked/dp/B00NHFQU0Y/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1474649513&sr=8-6&keywords=mini+android+phone

Yes, that's about the situation, in my mind, too - i.e. some talk but nothing overwhelmingly-confirmed, during the almost 12 months this thread has been running.

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/18885#post_12662861

Sep 23, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #23,085 of 42,765
I'm after some assistance in finding a short suitable toslink cable for my imminent purchase of a mojo to pair it with my cowon P1. Something of quality build is a must being sturdy to take the rigours of being a portable stack etc.
I've searched through a plethora of posts but can't find any definitive solution to what I need to assist in bring in the mojo P1 pairing in my life together. It seems here in the UK finding such a lead is somewhat of a pain in the rear end so to speak. Any guys on here make such custom leads?
Thanks in advance for any assistance here.

Regards

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back