Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 21, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #22,981 of 42,765

Take 3 feet USB cable (Amazon basics/monoprice/belkin or some other good brand) and connect through OTG connector and you are done.

I just don't want that extra bulk, just 1 seemless cable, either 2 feet or 3

I haven't seen this long OTG cable in my life :D
and i don't think any company will make this long OTG also :)

Best of luck with your search :)

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #22,987 of 42,765
Greetings:

While I'm deciding whether to get the Mojo or the Bifrost Multibit for my 2 channel amp listening system through passives, (these I have discovered to be the best in their's and my price range) I've heard that some have had difficulties with the Windows 10 because it does not support USB audio class 2.

My question is:  if I only intend (at this time) to play my WAV and Flac files that I have ripped and stored onto my pc laptop, do I need to download any drivers for either the Mojo or the Bimby for this activity?  

Thanks

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #22,988 of 42,765
  Greetings:

While I'm deciding whether to get the Mojo or the Bifrost Multibit for my 2 channel amp listening system through passives, (these I have discovered to be the best in their's and my price range) I've heard that some have had difficulties with the Windows 10 because it does not support USB audio class 2.

My question is:  if I only intend (at this time) to play my WAV and Flac files that I have ripped and stored onto my pc laptop, do I need to download any drivers for either the Mojo or the Bimby for this activity?  

Thanks

I hate to say it, but unless you need the portability, I think I'd prefer the Bimby every time as a desktop DAC, hell, probably prefer the Mimby even, once I take into account factors like when the Mojo shuts down while charging and playing, due to excessive heat build-up.

I actually use a Mimby as a desktop DAC now, and keep my Mojo for travel use (except yesterday, when I forgot it, and winced at how rough the violins sounded in Swan Lake, right out of the phone 
frown.gif
).

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #22,989 of 42,765
Thanks.I was not arguing about your cable characteristics but more about skin effect term.
Usually skin effect is the term describing the fact that when dealing with Alternative Current,the current flows mainly at the skin of your cable conductor. The higher is the frequency, the smaller is the skin depth at the outer surface of your cable.
IMHO, dealing with audio frequencies this is not preponderant.
Taking advantage of those properties, at high frequencies your cable needs care mainly at surface:such as cost efficient silver thin coat (few um).
Cheers :beers:

Hi !
I don't have, neither the technical knowledge nor is my English good enough, to pretend the term "skin effect" is the right one.
The ressemblance with the French term "effet de peau" made me think about the works of Pierre Johannet: Interface Micro-Discharges (IMD). The first theory trying to find explanations and bring back together science and perception in hifi since its divorce.
Since the 70s (Jean Hiraga in the revue de l'audiophile) people wrote about the sound of cables but without having a plausible scientific explanation.

Funny thing is, I'm quite new to headphones and stuff, but I have the impression to see the same discussions going on here again that you could read home hifi forums almost 20 years ago.
End of the off topic. Back to mojo. :blush:

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #22,990 of 42,765

I hate to say it, but unless you need the portability, I think I'd prefer the Bimby every time as a desktop DAC, hell, probably prefer the Mimby even, once I take into account factors like when the Mojo shuts down while charging and playing, due to excessive heat build-up.

I actually use a Mimby as a desktop DAC now, and keep my Mojo for travel use (except yesterday, when I forgot it, and winced at how rough the violins sounded in Swan Lake, right out of the phone 
frown.gif
).

Thanks for that Ancipital.  Regarding my query about downloading a driver for Windows 10 that some are having issues with, do I need to even do this step if I just have, let us say the Bimby, hooked up to my pc laptop solely to listen to WAV files that are already stored on it?

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #22,991 of 42,765

Thanks for that Ancipital.  Regarding my query about downloading a driver for Windows 10 that some are having issues with, do I need to even do this step if I just have, let us say the Bimby, hooked up to my pc laptop solely to listen to WAV files that are already stored on it?

Fairly sure you still need drivers for Bifrost and mojo http://schiit.com/drivers

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #22,992 of 42,765
Hi !
I don't have, neither the technical knowledge nor is my English good enough, to pretend the term "skin effect" is the right one.
The ressemblance with the French term "effet de peau" made me think about the works of Pierre Johannet: Interface Micro-Discharges (IMD). The first theory trying to find explanations and bring back together science and perception in hifi since its divorce.
Since the 70s (Jean Hiraga in the revue de l'audiophile) people wrote about the sound of cables but without having a plausible scientific explanation.

Funny thing is, I'm quite new to headphones and stuff, but I have the impression to see the same discussions going on here again that you could read home hifi forums almost 20 years ago.
End of the off topic. Back to mojo. :blush:

Sorry for my misunderstanding.
Neither my English nor my knowledge in Audio skin effect are better.
My purpose was to gather practical experiences from headfiers.
Back to Mojo then.

Cheers

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #22,993 of 42,765
I need a 2foot to 3foot usb OTG cable (from USA amazon) to connect to mojo, but all I find is a 1 foot or shorter

Look what I found it's 1 meter, so a bit longer...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00RX1HADO/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1474476264&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=Lindy+otg&dpPl=1&dpID=41UD%2BCRE8lL&ref=plSrch

Sep 21, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #22,995 of 42,765

I go TOSlink from my computer to the Mimby (or occasionally Mojo), so I don't need additional drivers. If you want to use a Bimby, Mimby or indeed Mojo with Windows over USB, you should install the drivers, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back