Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 18, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #22,862 of 42,765
I could not agree more. I own the Lavricable interconnect, the Fiio L-19 and the Penon Audio Lightning Decoder cable. In the 5 months with the Penon Audio cable, it has worked flawlessly with every iOS update including iOS 10.0.1. Yes, it is $130 but worth every cent.
http://penonaudio.com/Lightning-Pure-Silver-Decoding-Cable

Does your Fiio L19 still function under iOS 10?

Sep 18, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #22,863 of 42,765
Allright, little feedback.

I got my Mojo and been listening to it for a couple of weeks. When i asked everyone here about the possible improvements in SQ and all, the general answer was that it's gonna be subtle and that will be better over time.

Let me tell you, for me there is night and day difference. The best is compared if you swiftly change between Mojo and no Mojo. It's just carnage without them. So many sounds, hisses that don't belong (on a really good remastered recording) in 320 kbps mp3.

The only question i have, when listening to it with iPhone 6 and Onkyo HF Player, the sample rate is red (44). Playing it directly from ITunes from my Macbook Pro the sample rate is blue (192). Is there up sampling going on from iTunes. How can i change that?

For me this is the end of the line for a long while. As i stated earlier i'm not an audiophile and it's never going to be a hobby for me. So, my search is over. Thanks a lot for you guys for your responses.

Sep 18, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #22,867 of 42,765

I had been doing carefully testings with USB vs Toslink glass cables; I still can't decide myself which one to prefer, yet. I would say.... my brain seems to relax more with toslink, and it also seems not to get tired after many hours of music (with USB, I would experience just a little bit of this fatigue)

So, based on your above clarification, let me ask you this: in terms of musicality, which connection would you say emphatise musicality more , USB or toslink?

It all depends - portable lap-tops on battery or DAP's and mobile phones, then USB would have the edge. But big noisy PC's it would be optical. But I have never suffered fatigue at all with optical.

Rob

Oh, such a dilemma... should I add this to post #3 or not? LOL

Sep 18, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #22,869 of 42,765
There are many high quality cables on the market. Take a look at post #3 if you want different options.
I am very happy with my Forza Audio Works hybrid cable. Even more since I DIY shielded it.

Cheers

Sep 18, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #22,870 of 42,765
Could someone tell me how good the DAC chip inside the audio interface RME Babyface's headphone-out is? What rating might you give it, if Mojo were to get 7 out 10?

Are you talking about this device, which is designed for studio musicians? http://www.rme-audio.de/en/products/babyface_pro.php

Given that the Mojo has wiped the floor with all the AV show awards during the last year, I am surprised that you only give it a baseline score of 7, and not 10.

Based on this review http://www.audiomediainternational.com/recording/review-rme-babyface-pro/05331
the babyface pro cannot handle all the HiRes USB rates that the Mojo can, nor can it handle DSD inputs.
That alone would mean that some audiophiles would say that the babyface pro must rank badly compared to the Mojo.

At the moment your question is very broad, and thus not specific enough. Do you need to rescope your initial question, to focus on just the audio quality alone? 

Sep 18, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #22,871 of 42,765
Can the Mojo be used as a stand alone amp if paired with the Questyle QP1R.?

So what I am looking for is a very high quality small portable amp to add to the QP1R as a stack for listening on the road to help power the HEK. The line out of the QP1R is optical so the input to the amp needs an optical line in feature. Thanks for suggestions.

Sep 18, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #22,872 of 42,765

So what I am looking for is a very high quality small portable amp to add to the QP1R as a stack for listening on the road to help power the HEK. The line out of the QP1R is optical so the input to the amp needs an optical line in feature. Thanks for suggestions.

Digital Out is different from Line Out. Optical cannot be used as Line Out. Optical is Digital Out. Line out is a analog signal that is fed to an Amp. And Mojo cannot function as a Amp alone. 

Sep 18, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #22,873 of 42,765

Sep 18, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #22,875 of 42,765
  iPhone 6S+, Mojo, SW24, Shure SE425 - I cannot get over how much I love the sounds filling my head! Incredible. 
Since my 'about turn' on my thoughts of the Mojo accessory pack, I have ordered that and the Mojo case. Since Apple stitched up my Lavricable with iOS 10! Apple you are feckin' bawbags of the highest order! You have a grip on my 'nads like no other has, not even my awesome wife has my 'nads gripped like it! And just like a relationship can be, I am being battered by your change of designs (stupid removal of 3.5mm port), I am being abused by your constant changes to iOS to ensure other gear won't work (Lavricable), I am bruised by your prices at every single turn (I mean, £919 for a feckin' phone), yet I still stay with you, love you like no other and this is how you treat me still!

If you feel so abused, don't buy another iPhone and don't upgrade to the latest iOS version. It is your choice. FWIW, the Lavricable cable works fine connecting my new iPhone 7 to my Mojo. Guess they just singled you out to "stitch up". I just plugged it in and listened to the music. No thought required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back