Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 26, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #21,707 of 42,765
Lol at Zreviews Mojo Review... I haven't heard the HA-2 but hearing how he praises it's imaging and not Mojos is just What. My mojo images way better than my CA Dac Magic Plus and its a desktop amp+dac. Just insanely accurate and lively soundstage. Idk seems like he doesn't like hyped up things *cough cough* M50x

:rolleyes: Zreviews :rolleyes:

Seriously, I feel he's not really doing the industry much help and just trying to be liked by a certain crowd. More fluff than substance IMO. I'm not sure how anyone takes him seiously.

I agree and I think he is deliberately being controversial to get more hits on YouTube - a business decision. Tech Press have long since adopted this strategy where kicking down Market Leaders can get more attention even if it is negative.

Inversely he does hype up devices that are not so mainstream to again make for an interesting review but not necessarily accurate.

He did not review it as a Desktop Dac/Amp comparing it to his much much more Expensive Deaktop Dac/Amp Gear.

Aug 26, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #21,708 of 42,765
Well, if he is being inaccurate to get public exposure on youtube, let's not give him public exposure for the very same thing, here in the Mojo thread, on Head-fi, eh?
wink_face.gif

Aug 26, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #21,709 of 42,765
I don't have the guts to read 15 hundred pages. 

So my silly question is: 

- is mojo compatible with Windows 10? 
I mean: is there a driver for Windows 10 for mojo if I connect it to my PC with Windows 10? 

on the official page of mojo I found this picture in the drivers section: 

is that it? 

Has anybody installed the drivers on Windows 10 and used mojo out of PC with Windows 10? 

Sorry for the silly question again... 

Aug 26, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #21,710 of 42,765
  I don't have the guts to read 15 hundred pages. 

So my silly question is: 

- is mojo compatible with Windows 10? 
I mean: is there a driver for Windows 10 for mojo if I connect it to my PC with Windows 10? 

on the official page of mojo I found this picture in the drivers section: 

is that it? 

Has anybody installed the drivers on Windows 10 and used mojo out of PC with Windows 10? Yes

Sorry for the silly question again... 

Aug 26, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #21,711 of 42,765
He doesn't sound happy in the review. Actually, he says nothing for 90% of his review. Rambles about the 'glass' balls and clicking 100 times for the volume steps and has fun saying 'Chord Mojo' as many ways as he can. There is nothing informative there, regardless of his opinion. Actually, the amount of misinformation is staggering. He shouldn't be doing reviews. I watched it just now out of curiosity... I'll never get that time back, good grief.

Out of curiosity, can you point out what the misinformation is? I wasn't sure if you're talking about the Mojo video specifically, or his videos in general.

Once I watched the video, I immediately knew what the reaction on this board would be...LOL, if this forum was a bee hive he may as well have rammed a stick in it and jabbed it around.

Aug 26, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #21,712 of 42,765
Apologies if this has been covered already on this excellent thread.

Is there any benefit in getting a USB Noise cancelling device such as the Audioquest Jitterbug- it is not very expensive and if there is any reduced noise i will buy it. To use it between my Computer and the Chord Mojo.

What sparked me off on this area is watching the YouTube interview with Rob and John where they talk about galvanic isolation on the Hugo to deal with noise from a USB input device.

Apologies again if this has been covered.

Here is the YouTube link which was also on Post 3 (Rob and John talk about RF noise / Jitter from 21:20 minutes into this video)
https://youtu.be/10k_yMHCncY

Aug 26, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #21,713 of 42,765

Is there any benefit in getting a USB Noise cancelling device such as the Audioquest Jitterbug- it is not very expensive and if there is any reduced noise i will buy it.

AFAIK, the state of play with that is that it's a case of no-harm-to-use, and may have a mild positive effect, but no major gains anticipated or reported.

Aug 26, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #21,714 of 42,765
  Exactly. There is obvious difference between Mojo and other Dac Amps yet he just goes on and on about nothing... so frustrating.

I would rather the opinions of members of the Audiophile community, producers and many OEM who chose to use the Mojo when demonstrating their gear at shows rather than Z re,....

Opinions only matter if we choose to give them an airing
Z reviews are a misrepresentation of someone who has a YouTube account. 
I choose not to listen to his opinions normally, but watched this video just to see what nonsense he had to share this time.

Aug 26, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #21,715 of 42,765

Is there any benefit in getting a USB Noise cancelling device such as the Audioquest Jitterbug- it is not very expensive and if there is any reduced noise i will buy it.

AFAIK, the state of play with that is that it's a case of no-harm-to-use, and may have a mild positive effect, but no major gains anticipated or reported.

Thank you Mython.
Excellent Thread and especially like Post 3.

Aug 26, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #21,716 of 42,765
in my case i heard clear improvement . i added two more jitterbug, total three in all usb ports and though adding more jitterbug did not improve the sound much as the first one but i could hear the improvement.  i added two small ferrite cores also in the short usb cable and the final sound was much much cleaner than without any jittrebug and ferrite core. it is to be noted that mojo without these cheap add ons already sounds muh better than many more expensive dacs. imho there is no harm in trying  these . 

Aug 26, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #21,717 of 42,765
in my case i heard clear improvement . i added two more jitterbug, total three in all usb ports and though adding more jitterbug did not improve the sound much as the first one but i could hear the improvement.  i added two small ferrite cores also in the short usb cable and the final sound was much much cleaner than without any jittrebug and ferrite core. it is to be noted that mojo without these cheap add ons already sounds muh better than many more expensive dacs. imho there is no harm in trying  these . 

Thank you. Please may I ask why did you add more than 1 Jitterbug as the audio will only be sent out from 1 USB, is it because you have other audio products out from your Computer.

Just trying to understand so I know how many to order- my Apple iMac has 4 USB ports, 1 to power the Mojo, 1 to send audio date to the Mojo and the other 2 USB's are not often used.

Thank you and appreciate your input again please.

Aug 26, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #21,718 of 42,765
This question goes out for iPhone 6+ and other big phone users.
What do you guys use to keep the mojo stacked with your phones rubber bands Velcro or what?
I need help the stuff on page 3 seemed to be all pictured with smaller phones so all of you with the bigger phones please give me some advice.

thanks

I have an iPhone 6+. I use these. I find them to be a good solution... can't stand bands. The only downside is it requires some minor maintenance. I rinse off the strip once every week or two, so that it stays really sticky. Dust accumulates over time reducing the adhesiveness, and I dont want my Mojo going skydiving. As long as you keep them clean, the grip is *insanely* strong. I also swap out the strip for a new one every couple of months, as they start to require more and more frequent washing to maintain maximum adhesiveness. Considering you can get a six-pack for under 3 bucks, it's a cheap solution as well.

Another option would be Velcro strips. You wouldn't need to wash and replace those. For me, I didn't want to have something "permanently" attached to my phone, so Velcro didn't appeal to me. Hope this helps.

Aug 26, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #21,719 of 42,765
Just a heads up, Dyson Audio's website is down. Not sure what's going on but thought it should be brought to attention.

I placed an order last week and when I saw the site down I tried several ways to contact him with no luck.  I'm going to dispute the charge with my creditcard company.  The funny thing is last week I text him and ask if he was still in business and he said yes.  

Edit:  He just texted me back saying he's sending my cable today.  I asked if his site was coming back and whether he was still in business.  I'll let you know what he says when he replies.

Edit 2:  He replied saying he temporarily shut the site down because he's working sound at a music festival.

Aug 26, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #21,720 of 42,765
From the advice in post 3, when you stack with the iPhone, there are lots of neat ways to do so, but if you carry the Mojo in your pocket, particularly, pants pocket, are the jack inserts protected?

The Mojo case's leather strap is of practical value here.  It can connect easily to belt loops, belt, etc. as well as being carried on a walk. 

Chord recommended against using these (photo above from post #3)  because they can easily bend and damage the input port.  The  same thing can happen carrying the mojo-iphone in a tight pocket where you might, inadvertently, bend over and cause even the headphone jack to bend the port.  This is what I think happened to one of my headphone ports, which could only be used when held very still. It had to be repaired because my wife and I listen together.  

Mojo is my full time desk top unit, and my on the go unit.  It has displaced everything else, including quality and known DACs and Amps.  I use it with 600 ohm T1 and IEM.  After being accustomed to the acute increase in data from the Mojo, over months of daily use, I could not go back to listening to digital music without it.  It was awful.  Some music sounded as if background instruments had either disappeared, or were muffled.  I even tried another portable DAC in the interim while waiting.  It was not a substitute; it was an unpleasant experience.  

I am thoroughly addicted to Mojo and the 'withdrawal' symptoms were terrible. Consider this as a caution with the iPhone stacking and review 3rd post and some of Mython's cautions about this issue.  

I wouldn't wish 'Mojo withdrawals' on anyone.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back