Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 25, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #21,692 of 42,765
may be it's overkill but I tried mojo with three audioquest jitterbugs ( all three USB port of my laptop) and short USB cable having two ferrite cores. the result was much much blacker backgrounds and vocals had the last bit of sibilance removed. the sound was never too warm as one would expect but rather had still better ability to separate the instrument and voices with much much better imaging. I came to a point where I though what better you can have than mojo, may be Dave ? yesterday's experience with mojo convinced me that this little gadget is nothing short of a miracle and no dac except Dave can beat it . the mojo with that setup reached to the extreme level of details where each and every nuance of recording faults , mixing faults , panning etc were clear. that can only happen when the dac does have extremely low noise floor of its own.

Aug 26, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #21,693 of 42,765
may be it's overkill but I tried mojo with three audioquest jitterbugs ( all three USB port of my laptop) and short USB cable having two ferrite cores. the result was much much blacker backgrounds and vocals had the last bit of sibilance removed. the sound was never too warm as one would expect but rather had still better ability to separate the instrument and voices with much much better imaging. I came to a point where I though what better you can have than mojo, may be Dave ? yesterday's experience with mojo convinced me that this little gadget is nothing short of a miracle and no dac except Dave can beat it . the mojo with that setup reached to the extreme level of details where each and every nuance of recording faults , mixing faults , panning etc were clear. that can only happen when the dac does have extremely low noise floor of its own.

1. Do you have a schiit ecrapifier?
2. I plan on building my own USB filting circuit to test amongst these.
3. I am planning on buying the T-Music dual ferrite USB cable designed for audio use.

Aug 26, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #21,694 of 42,765
  Hey guys,

Trying to go through the 1445 pages of material this past 3 days. I hate to repeat a question. Sorry in advance.
I'm really new to the hi-fi world. My sole investment up to date is the akt8ie in-ears from Astell&Kern/Beyerdynamics. I'm using this to listen to 320kbs mp3 from iPhone 6 and MacBook Pro. It was a huge upgrade in SQ for me, after the Etymotic hf5. 

I was always intimidated by the DACs. Thinking of carrying another piece of equipment is a hassle by itself. But, after researching for 3 days, i think that Mojo is a very good choice.

My question is, will it transform my listening experience? Yes, i know that this is not an easy question. There are lots of variables at hand.
Just think of it this way. If we compare it to my headphone switch mentioned before. The difference you would hear after that.

Just bear in mind, this would be my first ever DAC. I cannot claim that i'm a veteran audiophile. Just a guy enjoying little nuances in a recording.
Of course, at the end of the day, being a newbie, the question arises. After spending 900 EUR on headphones, another 600 would be doable, but does it really worth it? 

I was in a similar position as you. I'm new to the audiophile community as well, and my main reason to stick with the Mojo vs a cheaper alternative such as the Oppo HA-2 was that I would be making a much better long-term investment with the Mojo. It seems to be much more advanced in nearly every aspect to other competitors in its price range, and even above its price range, while having features that I am not yet using but will probably end up using in the future (up to 256 DSD, for example).

As for it being bulky, yeah, you cant put this stacked with your phone in your front pocket. But it's not much different if you have a separate DAP and have two devices with you, and need to switch between them when you're on the go to change tracks and what not. I find I'm on my phone so much I always hold it in my hand, and it's really not much different than holding your phone alone, as the Mojo becomes a sort of grip for your phone.

I very highly recommend it for a crazy improvement in sound quality and as a long-term investment. Plus, on those moments where you will listen to it in a quiet environment, you will surely appreciate the difference in sound quality and not regret your decision.

Aug 26, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #21,695 of 42,765
Lol at Zreviews Mojo Review... I haven't heard the HA-2 but hearing how he praises it's imaging and not Mojos is just What. My mojo images way better than my CA Dac Magic Plus and its a desktop amp+dac. Just insanely accurate and lively soundstage. Idk seems like he doesn't like hyped up things *cough cough* M50x

Aug 26, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #21,696 of 42,765
This question goes out for iPhone 6+ and other big phone users.
What do you guys use to keep the mojo stacked with your phones rubber bands Velcro or what?
I need help the stuff on page 3 seemed to be all pictured with smaller phones so all of you with the bigger phones please give me some advice.

thanks

Aug 26, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #21,697 of 42,765
Pressed the button for a Mojo.
Thank you guys for great input.

I'll keep you updated on how it sounds to newbie ears. :)

Ohh and BTW what's latest connection situation for iPhone 6? Is it still Apple CCK and a mini USB convertor or is there a single cable ?

Thanks.

Aug 26, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #21,699 of 42,765
Lol at Zreviews Mojo Review... I haven't heard the HA-2 but hearing how he praises it's imaging and not Mojos is just What. My mojo images way better than my CA Dac Magic Plus and its a desktop amp+dac. Just insanely accurate and lively soundstage. Idk seems like he doesn't like hyped up things *cough cough* M50x

:rolleyes: Zreviews :rolleyes:

Seriously, I feel he's not really doing the industry much help and just trying to be liked by a certain crowd. More fluff than substance IMO. I'm not sure how anyone takes him seiously.

Aug 26, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #21,700 of 42,765
rolleyes.gif
Zreviews
rolleyes.gif

Seriously, I feel he's not really doing the industry much help and just trying to be liked by a certain crowd. More fluff than substance IMO. I'm not sure how anyone takes him seiously.

"These" "These" "These" "These" "These" "These" "These" "These"... Yeah he has strange preferences sometimes... I don't also get why he doesn't spend all the money he's spent on all the "mid-fi" headphones on some 1 TOTL headphone but whatever makes him happy I guess :)

Aug 26, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #21,701 of 42,765
"These" "These" "These" "These" "These" "These" "These" "These"... Yeah he has strange preferences sometimes... I don't also get why he doesn't spend all the money he's spent on all the "mid-fi" headphones on some 1 TOTL headphone but whatever makes him happy I guess :)

He doesn't sound happy in the review. Actually, he says nothing for 90% of his review. Rambles about the 'glass' balls and clicking 100 times for the volume steps and has fun saying 'Chord Mojo' as many ways as he can. There is nothing informative there, regardless of his opinion. Actually, the amount of misinformation is staggering. He shouldn't be doing reviews. I watched it just now out of curiosity... I'll never get that time back, good grief.

Aug 26, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #21,702 of 42,765
He doesn't sound happy in the review. Actually, he says nothing for 90% of his review. Rambles about the 'glass' balls and clicking 100 times for the volume steps and has fun saying 'Chord Mojo' as many ways as he can. There is nothing informative there, regardless of his opinion. Actually, the amount of misinformation is staggering. He shouldn't be doing reviews. I watched it just now out of curiosity... I'll never get that time back, good grief.

Exactly. There is obvious difference between Mojo and other Dac Amps yet he just goes on and on about nothing... so frustrating.

Aug 26, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #21,703 of 42,765
  Pressed the button for a Mojo.
Thank you guys for great input.

I'll keep you updated on how it sounds to newbie ears. :)

Ohh and BTW what's latest connection situation for iPhone 6? Is it still Apple CCK and a mini USB convertor or is there a single cable ?

Thanks.

Congratulations, I hope you enjoy it.

Regarding iPhone connection options, please see the relevant section, on connecting iDevices, in post #3
beerchug.gif

Aug 26, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #21,704 of 42,765
Just a heads up, Dyson Audio's website is down. Not sure what's going on but thought it should be brought to attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back