Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 23, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #20,386 of 42,765
I've never noticed this before, but after my move to another state, I've been getting clicking noises in the background whenever I run a game from using Mojo. It only happens when I plug it into Mojo, and its dead quite when not running games. Is this a known problem or is my Mojo defective after a long 20 day move possibly overheating in a transport truck?

Nope no clicking or pops for me when playing any games. And i play on/off about 10 titles currently. No pops.

Jul 23, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #20,387 of 42,765
After only 15 hours of ever using my Mojo, clearly my 'brain burn in' is working as this Mojo is sounding stupidly damn good. Even with SE425's I have good everything. lol. Playing tracks that I know from my ZX2, I would even go as far as saying it sounds better than the ZX2. Wow. Wasn't expecting that at all. You lot on here are enablers!, however I thank you for 'making' me buy the Mojo. :wink:
I don't know why the performance of mojo continually takes people by surprise. As we've always said Mojo has roughly about five hundred times the signal processing that virtually all other Dacs have even the best ones. But people often underestimate Mojo, I think it's a price and size thing because it's smaller than many and Mojo cost belies its performance!

Jul 23, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #20,388 of 42,765
Guys I have the 64 audio u12 but synergy with the mojo leaves a lot to be desired.
Very dull, veiled and congested.
Could someone please recommend am iem that pairs great with mojo. I was thinking about akt8ie mk2...

Many thanks

Jul 23, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #20,389 of 42,765
Guys I have the 64 audio u12 but synergy with the mojo leaves a lot to be desired.
Could someone please recommend am iem that pairs great with mojo. I was thinking about akt8ie mk2...

Many thanks

The Campfire Audio Andromeda has great synergy with the Mojo. It is controlled and extended in all directions...

Jul 23, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #20,390 of 42,765
New Mojo plus (mojo with an internal music player with four SD Slots). One day.

That is the "dream" Mojo can play music directly and not needing a separare transport.

You have the SQ, the power and portability that is very difficult to match. Who needs a touchscreen? just use your phone to control music via bluetooth and never have to take the mojo out of your pocket.

AKT8IE mk2 sound stunning out of mojo. Better than AK320 out of the balanced out.

Jul 23, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #20,391 of 42,765
I don't know why the performance of mojo continually takes people by surprise. As we've always said Mojo has roughly about five hundred times the signal processing that virtually all other Dacs have even the best ones. But people often underestimate Mojo, I think it's a price and size thing because it's smaller than many and Mojo cost belies its performance!

Arpiben ideas
wink_face.gif

Why not keeping producing/developing/improving such kind of product  John?
Sure it is a new business plan but it has IMHO some advantages.
By keeping low margins and selling large amount of units, you should be profitable.
By 'educating masses' about good digital audio you are bringing them to other Chord's products line,i.e.. Dave etc..

Regards 

Jul 23, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #20,392 of 42,765

Many thanks

I have been reading the forum threads to try and spot which iems I should get for mojo.
For a long time there have been reports that the mojo and shure se 846 are made for each other.
More recently people started to report that the AK8ie was also a match made in heaven.

Those are the two iems or earbuds on my shortlist. As for whether a Mk1 or Mk2, the Mk1 is being discounted now to clear the shelves, and there seems to be no consensus whether the Mk2 has improved the sound or made it worse (the improvement may instead be with the product reliability). Consequently I am waiting to read more user feedback on the AK 8ie thread, to help shape my decision.

I have also been watching the earsonics velvet thread feedback regarding the mojo - some people love the match, but others are less keen.
I think that which iem is best for any individual, will be influenced by which type of music they prefer, plus their preference for neutral or warm sound.

No doubt others will suggest alternative iems as well.

Jul 23, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #20,393 of 42,765
I have been reading the forum threads to try and spot which iems I should get for mojo.
For a long time there have been reports that the mojo and shure se 846 are made for each other.
More recently people started to report that the AK8ie was also a match made in heaven.

Those are the two iems or earbuds on my shortlist. As for whether a Mk1 or Mk2, the Mk1 is being discounted now to clear the shelves, and there seems to be no consensus whether the Mk2 has improved the sound or made it worse (the improvement may instead be with the product reliability). Consequently I am waiting to read more user feedback on the AK 8ie thread, to help shape my decision.

I have also been watching the earsonics velvet thread feedback regarding the mojo - some people love the match, but others are less keen.
I think that which iem is best for any individual, will be influenced by which type of music they prefer, plus their preference for neutral or warm sound.

No doubt others will suggest alternative iems as well.

I have thr same question but for headphones, I wonder how stax 2170 would work out with mojo

Jul 23, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #20,396 of 42,765
  I've never noticed this before, but after my move to another state, I've been getting clicking noises in the background whenever I run a game from using Mojo. It only happens when I plug it into Mojo, and its dead quite when not running games. Is this a known problem or is my Mojo defective after a long 20 day move possibly overheating in a transport truck?

1) Do you mean the Mojo HARDWARE is making a clicking noise, or do you mean you can hear a clicking sound in the audio signal Mojo is producing?

2) What device are you feeding Mojo with? (laptop, smartphone, etc,)

Jul 23, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #20,397 of 42,765
Hello. Looked through this thread, but unfortunately didn't catch exectly is it possible to connect my iPhone 4 to mojo through USB??? To use Tidal...

Chord cannot officially recommend the use of 30-pin i-Devices, with Mojo, but it seems some people have succeeded in using them:

30-pin works fine - I use the adapter on both the iPhone 4 as well as the iPad 2 - compatibility is an iOS issue - iOS 7 or later is required.

(bold emphasis added by me)

I am struggling to find an appropriate adapter to suit your needs, on Apple.com, as it seems they have removed it, at the link eenecho provided:

Cool. Which adapter do you use? Could you point me in the right direction?

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MC531AM/A/apple-ipad-camera-connection-kit

However, I can see it still listed on Apple's UK site, although it is stated as 'unavailable':

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MC531ZM/A/apple-ipad-camera-connection-kit

This should, theoretically, allow you to then plug a standard male-USB plug into the above adapter, and a micro-USB connector into Mojo, if you buy a suitable cable for that purpose or just use the one that is actually supplied with Mojo (it would not need a CCK/MFI chip in it, because the Apple CCK adapter contains the MFI chip already)

Again, this is not officially endorsed by Chord Electronics
wink_face.gif

Good luck with actually obtaining one of those 30-pin CCK adapters, since Apple like to make their devices obsolete, and make it difficult for people to use old devices with new connection protocols.

Just did a quick search for you, and it seems John Lewis, in the UK, still have them in stock
beerchug.gif
:

www.johnlewis.com/apple-mc531zm-a-ipad-camera-connection-kit/p231024923

Please don't make the mistake of buying one of the cheap male-30-pin-to-female-lightning adapters (all over eBay and Amazon), since, as well as not including an MFI chip, they would not work for you, even if you obtained a 3rd-party male-lightning-to-male-microUSB cable with MFI chip soldered into it, since the cheap male-30-pin-to-female-lightning adapters are not designed to handle digital audio signals.

Finally, please understand that I am not personally confirming that the proposed connection method functions correctly with an iPhone 4 and Mojo. All I have tried to do, in this post, is draw your attention to the fact that some people (as you can see from the quotes) claim to have successfully done so, and I've then proceeded to illustrate what they probably did.

If you try this, it is at your own risk. Neither I, or Chord Electronics, are formally endorsing this method.

Jul 23, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #20,398 of 42,765

Yes, that does look like a Fiio L17, which is less than ideal, but, as discussed a few times before, in this thread, may, perhaps, serve a turn, for an iBasso or Mk 1 X3i, X5i (not Mk2 X3ii, X5ii, or an X7 !) Fiio DAP:

Isn't the DX90 output coaxial output? Would the L17 work in that case?

Jul 23, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #20,399 of 42,765
Isn't the DX90 output coaxial output? Would the L17 work in that case?

A standard stereo 3.5 cable works fine out of DX90. 999/1000 listeners can't hear the difference between a coax cable at that length. Just haven't met that one of a thousand yet!

Jul 23, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #20,400 of 42,765
A standard stereo 3.5 cable works fine out of DX90. 999/1000 listeners can't hear the difference between a coax cable at that length. Just haven't met that one of a thousand yet!

Damn I made an effort to search for a proper short coax cable to fit my own. Didn't know that. TIL.

Then again, the cable wasn't too expensive. So its all good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back