Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 15, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #20,056 of 42,765

I didn't only suggest RF...

Woah, woah, just the opposite - I was implying that you were RIGHT, once again, in saying it was probably NOT RF - and you were right, hehe
beerchug.gif

Sorry, I'm tired, not stroppy - if I seemed abrupt or defensive, I apologise. Was just trying to be descriptive about various facets of the conversation, and evidently failed!
wink_face.gif

It's almost 4 am, here, so I'm about to log-off and get some sleep!

beerchug.gif

Jul 15, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #20,057 of 42,765
BTW, before I go, I've been meaning to ask readers of this thread - are any of you using a Lotoo PAW 5000 with Mojo?

I don't see the PAW 5000 mentioned much, nor the Soundaware Esther.

From what I can gather, the Esther has some serious firmware quirks, but allegedly has a particularly well-implemened digital-output.

Interested to hear from any of you with any experience of either DAP, from a digital-output (i.e. used as a transport-only) standpoint.

Jul 15, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #20,058 of 42,765

It's enough work to keep on top of Mojo, so maintaining an up-to-date and constantly-increasing list of smartphones is something I don't relish the prospect of doing; sorry
wink.gif

Don't get me wrong I appreciate all you do, I just wanted to state that I looked there first. Do you or anyone know if all LG phones have USB out? 

Jul 16, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #20,063 of 42,765
scarfacegt beautiful setup bro, love it. Which model case is that?

For those looking for a cck, my buddy spook76 posted this in the Shure kse thread (electrostatic).

http://penonaudio.com/Lightning-Pure-Silver-Decoding-Cable

Looks really nice.

Tnx.Not sure wich model it is.Bough it in an shop here in norway.but it wasnt expensive :) im sure they have cases like that on amazon,ebay an so :) i will use it on daily bases,to store my stuff.And good to have when going for a roadtrip.

Jul 16, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #20,064 of 42,765
asio is the most direct connection to mojo. you don't even need to set any native windows sample rate. I even disable all sounds in sound mixer and even mojo as a device in sound mixer because asio does not need any intervention from Windows. via asio it is direct connection between foobar ( or any other interface) and mojo.

Jul 16, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #20,065 of 42,765

It's enough work to keep on top of Mojo, so maintaining an up-to-date and constantly-increasing list of smartphones is something I don't relish the prospect of doing; sorry
wink.gif

Don't get me wrong I appreciate all you do, I just wanted to state that I looked there first. Do you or anyone know if all LG phones have USB out? 

Nah, it's cool -    but if you happen to find such a list, please let me know & I'll add a link
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #20,066 of 42,765
...Do you or anyone know if all LG phones have USB out? 

Here's a list of all devices tested with UAPP, a good Android USB Player. You will find LG's G2-G4 in there. Note that there is a minimum version of Android required (3.1?) regardless of HW.

asio is the most direct connection to mojo. you don't even need to set any native windows sample rate. I even disable all sounds in sound mixer and even mojo as a device in sound mixer because asio does not need any intervention from Windows. via asio it is direct connection between foobar ( or any other interface) and mojo.

Thanks for your feedback! Its amazing that there's not more support for ASIO around here (HeadFi, not this thread) - all my searches ended up with WASAPI users.
I hope to find an expert (maybe you?
wink.gif
) that could eventually provide Mython with good content for "Post 3" on how to best "feed" the Mojo Bit-Perfect data from a Windows setup (Foobar2000 or Jriver), what the pros / cons between ASIO and WASAPI (Push and Event modes) as well as Direct Sound are, how to configure the few options for each, etc.
The only comment I read is that ASIO is better in terms of DPC latency (stuttering, pauses and drop-outs during real-time streams, such as digital audio playback). In my (limited) experience with WASAPI so far I had a surprising pause (or drop-out) say, once during 60mins of continuous playback. This while I was busy surfing etc. I can live with that but I can imagine there could be cases where others experience it a few times during one song - that would be unacceptable.
I will install the ASIO component in Foobar2000 and give that a whirl too, at the very least to avoid a fixed bit-depth setting
beerchug.gif

Regarding the install, what "virtual Device Driver" are you using? Did one come automatically with Chord's "Mojo Windows Driver" executable or do I need to rely on something like ASIO4ALL?

Jul 16, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #20,067 of 42,765
If Chord were to come out with a Mojo based tabletop model later this year, what show do they usually introduce new models?

If you don't need the portability aspect of Mojo, then you already have the choice of the 2Qute (mojo minus the headphone output) or Hugo (mojo plus the preamp outputs), so I doubt that chord would create a new version of Mojo.

Jul 16, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #20,068 of 42,765
Hey all, is this issue normal with the Mojo?

I'm getting popping and clicking noises with my Mojo whenever I play through DS, like in the Groove app and Musicbee. I switched over to ASIO and the issue disappeared. The same thing was happening with poweramp until I started using UAPP. Nothing to worry about or should I be concerned?

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #20,069 of 42,765
BTW, before I go, I've been meaning to ask readers of this thread - are any of you using a Lotoo PAW 5000 with Mojo?

I don't see the PAW 5000 mentioned much, nor the Soundaware Esther.

From what I can gather, the Esther has some serious firmware quirks, but allegedly has a particularly well-implemened digital-output.

Interested to hear from any of you with any experience of either DAP, from a digital-output (i.e. used as a transport-only) standpoint.

Esther I had on loaner as well. FW was fine. Worked well enough. I don't recall using the Mojo with it unfortunately. Either it doesn't have digital out or it was because the UI is so archaic I didn't bother.

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #20,070 of 42,765
Hey all, is this issue normal with the Mojo?

I'm getting popping and clicking noises with my Mojo whenever I play through DS, like in the Groove app and Musicbee. I switched over to ASIO and the issue disappeared. The same thing was happening with poweramp until I started using UAPP. Nothing to worry about or should I be concerned?

not really anything to worry about - but you can get annoyed. 
mad.gif

check post #20067 for instance.

All the operating systems by default modify/upsample/downsample the stream of music that you hear, resulting in changes of sample rate and/or breaks in the stream of music, whilst the phone/tablet/laptop catches up. My galaxy note 3 was working perfectly ok as a music source for both the OPPO HA-2 and Mojo, but then I innocently updated the android version, and the pops and crackles appeared. Adding ferrite chokes to the USB cable, and installing UAPP seem to have cured virtually all of the problems, but I still get occasional low-level distortion in some quiet sections of some music tracks. Maybe some of this is due to RFI being picked up by the headphone leads.

I would probably not have heard this distortion in the old days, but during the past year since I started using good DACS, this low-level distortion is audible. 

I find it is frustrating, so I use optical input at home, which removes any RFI interference from the input, but even so every few days i hear the odd pop or click, so it seems to be very difficult to always ensure a pure signal to the DAC and then through to the headphones. Rob Watts has said that we do live in a world that is rich in radio signals, and it is very difficult to remove it all the time.

You seem to have cured most of the problems by updating your software, but it is difficult to obtain perfect playback all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back