Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 29, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #19,292 of 42,765
Oh, and they have a very short fixed TRS cable (shirt pocket length) and an extension cable. They do not appear to be wired for balanced operation. Recabling should be easy, though.

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #19,293 of 42,765
Its probably been covered 1000 times by now though I'll state the differences between running my iBasso DX50 via coax to Mojo were underwhelming compared to the USB out on my Lenovo tablet. DX50 made the sound quite laboured almost like Mojo had too much power for IEM's, cranking the volume to get good detail and a heavy tiring sound, I find it hard to describe Mojo excelling or displaying this clean musical term being used a lot in this thread with that combination. The Lenovo tablet sounds cleaner, effortless and more revealing, I can't explain why though its what I hear.

Please don't 'come at me bro' with the 'no difference' debate.

I know the basic concept on digital output though its what I hear rather easily.

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #19,294 of 42,765

Please don't 'come at me bro' with the 'no difference' debate.

I know the basic concept on digital output though its what I hear rather easily.

You should attempt the test blind. I know you don't want people to "Come at you" but facts are facts. If you know the basic concept, then you know that you've done something to alter the sound (different volume level) or your brain is tricking you. There is not another explanation. So you either don't understand the basic concept of digital output, or you're tricking yourself. 

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #19,295 of 42,765

You should attempt the test blind. I know you don't want people to "Come at you" but facts are facts. If you know the basic concept, then you know that you've done something to alter the sound (different volume level) or your brain is tricking you. There is not another explanation. So you either don't understand the basic concept of digital output, or you're tricking yourself. 

Have you ever thought about simply letting the person hear what they hear?

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #19,296 of 42,765

Have you ever thought about simply letting the person hear what they hear and not be a dick?

I am not trying to be a dick. But you are also not just letting people hear what they hear. You put that statement out in to the world, I did not. Hearing something like that from site contributors leads to people wasting money, it did for me. I would argue that you're doing harm to others (which is kind of a dick thing to do) and I am trying to help others not be misled. 

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #19,297 of 42,765

I am not trying to be a dick. But you are also not just letting people hear what they hear. You put that statement out in to the world, I did not. Hearing something like that from site contributors leads to people wasting money, it did for me. I would argue that you're doing harm to others (which is kind of a dick thing to do) and I am trying to help others not be misled. 

Sure, though is it really going to make your day that much better to prove me wrong? Is it going to rock your world to sit here to debate the situtation until you feel you've won? I know my day has much better things ahead...

tl/dr, I'm over it mate, read it 1000 times from 1000 members, nothing will sway my mind.

Cheers,

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #19,298 of 42,765

Sure, though is it really going to make your day that much better to prove me wrong? Is it going to rock your world to sit here to debate the situtation until you feel you've won? I know my day has much better things ahead...

tl/dr, I'm over it mate, read it 1000 times from 1000 members, nothing will sway my mind.

Cheers,

LOL, that is the attitude of someone trying to intentionally mislead people. I am just waiting for a computer to boot up in Azure, I'm going to have a great day. I don't need to convince myself that I have won anything. I don't appreciate people being misled in to spending more and more money chasing an imaginary dragon, that's all. So go on and hear what you hear. But don't try to mislead others. A bit is a bit. That's just how it is.

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #19,299 of 42,765
Can I hook up my active speakers to Mojo? I'm tempted to downsize my headphone rig, and Mojo seems like a perfect solution.

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #19,300 of 42,765
Can I hook up my active speakers to Mojo? I'm tempted to downsize my headphone rig, and Mojo seems like a perfect solution.

Im using it with an active speaker, and by using 2 ball press when on method -2 clicks, it will be as close to clean line as possible

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #19,301 of 42,765
Jun 29, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #19,302 of 42,765

Im using it with an active speaker, and by using 2 ball press when on method -2 clicks, it will be as close to clean line as possible

Be careful with active speakers.

If the speakers themselves have a volume control then fine, just start the Mojo in lineout mode

If on the other hand your speakers are active monitors then the chances are that they don't have a volume control and need to rely on a separate monitor controller (Pre-Amp in HiFi parlance) for volume. Putting straight line out into those might give you a nasty and expensive surprise. You can use the Moĵo with these, but it takes the role of the Pre-Amp, so start with the Mojos volume very low and work up from there.

Jun 29, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #19,303 of 42,765
... or run the line out into a passive preamp (like the Tisbury) first, then into the speakers.

Jun 29, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #19,304 of 42,765

If the speakers themselves have a volume control then fine, just start the Mojo in lineout mode

If on the other hand your speakers are active monitors then the chances are that they don't have a volume control and need to rely on a separate monitor controller (Pre-Amp in HiFi parlance) for volume. Putting straight line out into those might give you a nasty and expensive surprise. You can use the Moĵo with these, but it takes the role of the Pre-Amp, so start with the Mojos volume very low and work up from there.

I'm not familiar with speakers here, so educate me:

isnt speakers with volume control "active", and without volume control is "passive"? 

Jun 29, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #19,305 of 42,765
I'm not familiar with speakers here, so educate me:

isnt speakers with volume control "active", and without volume control is "passive"? 

Active speakers have in-built amplification, passive speakers require separate amplifier.

I have Schiit SYS I use as a volume control between my DAC and speakers, so nothing to worry about there. I was just wondering if I can hook them up to the other headphone jack of Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back