Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 23, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #1,831 of 42,765
Also, what charger are you using?

JF here thought I'd just chime in here the battery is perfectly safe right up to 160 degrees Centigrade we had it made that way and its costs more than other batteries. The case of the mojo when it's charging has to shed about 1. 7 watts of heat it can only do that by radiating it away or convecting it away. If it's in a warm environment or it can't covect its heat away it's temperature will rise until there is a sufficient temperature differential to shed its heat. It's perfectly safe we have three indepentdant thermal temperature safety shut down method in mojo so please don't worry we know what we are doing. Remember a really hot cup of tea is usually only about 60 degrees C.

Oct 23, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #1,832 of 42,765

Woot, the thread is now officially "Wata-fied"!

That is strangely the exact number of songs when you add up all of the albums from:
  1. Taylor Swift
  2. Backstreet Boys
  3. InSync
  4. Debbie Gibson
  5. One Direction

Hmmmmm.......

I had 303, but deleted one the other day, take that Shakira.

Oct 23, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #1,833 of 42,765
JF here thought I'd just chime in here the battery is perfectly safe right up to 160 degrees Centigrade we had it made that way and its costs more than other batteries. The case of the mojo when it's charging has to shed about 1. 7 watts of heat it can only do that by radiating it away or convecting it away. If it's in a warm environment or it can't covect its heat away it's temperature will rise until there is a sufficient temperature differential to shed its heat. It's perfectly safe we have three indepentdant thermal temperature safety shut down method in mojo so please don't worry we know what we are doing. Remember a really hot cup of tea is usually only about 60 degrees C.

Is it okay to use a 2 Amp charger?

Oct 23, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #1,837 of 42,765
(thanks for the link to Sys Concepts - they're super responsive!). 

I will second that they responded within 2 minutes of my email and the cable was dispatched within 30 minutes of payment,they even have a photo of AK120 and mojo on there page,superb!!

Oct 23, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #1,838 of 42,765
I wouldn't worry about the heat. It says on the box that it'll get warm. How long you getting per charge?

Thats what im about to find out, dont think I've charged it properly yet.my zx100 goes quite fast via the Sony dugital out cable into mojo,gets me thru 7-10 albums in hr ot just flac.
do you get out the quoted 10 hours or so on mojo?

Oct 23, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #1,839 of 42,765

That is strangely the exact number of songs when you add up all of the albums from:
  • Taylor Swift
  • Backstreet Boys
  • InSync
  • Debbie Gibson
  • One Direction

Hmmmmm.......

Will I get blacklisted if I admit one of Taylor Swift's songs is one of my reference tracks for testing gear?

Also I did have the chance to meet her in person - that was pretty cool!

Cheers

Oct 23, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #1,840 of 42,765
Yes, people confirmed it to work with HUGO. You  can PM, @lavricables
 to order.

For what it's worth, I ordered a silver USB lead from Lavri Cables from eBay and can vouch for them in terms of quality and delivery (to UK).

Oct 23, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #1,841 of 42,765
  Also just ordered a used AK100 as a transport for the Mojo as well as a custom Toslink to mate the two (thanks for the link to Sys Concepts - they're super responsive!). 

Wanted to do some direct comparisons between my X3 via coax and an AK via Toslink. Realized that the AK100 is an almost perfect size-match to the Mojo and with 2 micro SD slots it can hold all of my music. Will let you all know how things work out. 

Cheers 

Which length of cable did you go with?

Oct 23, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #1,843 of 42,765

I had 303, but deleted one the other day, take that Shakira.

1. Taylor Swift
  2. Backstreet Boys
  3. InSync
  4. Debbie Gibson
  5. One Direction

Hmmmmm.......

This made me laugh so much that I'm in tears,,, thanks guys, it's the funniest thing I've read in ages.

Oct 23, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #1,844 of 42,765
astell kern and a whole bunch of cable makers ought to send a check to Chord for all of the additional sales they are going to receive

Oct 23, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #1,845 of 42,765
Will I get blacklisted if I admit one of Taylor Swift's songs is one of my reference tracks for testing gear?

Also I did have the chance to meet her in person - that was pretty cool!

Cheers

I have 2 of her songs, blame the Victorias Secret fashion show, for her and a couple of other songs I heard on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back