Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 23, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #1,816 of 42,765
Awesome! Thanks for the picture. I think I know how this might work. One could apply small silicon feet on the four corners of the Mojo, but both top and bottom. This should keep the stack from sliding and also secure the straps better by placing them on the inner side of the silicon feet. Also good to put these on the Mojo for desktop use too.

To be honest the cutouts in the Mojo would be more secure than rubber feet. I guess when I say I prefer a one band solution that's just what I mean, 'I prefer'.

Here's another pic of the top of the Mojo with the X5 stacking kit. Actually it seems pretty secure....... Damn, I retract all statements about security....... :wink_face:

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #1,817 of 42,765
I found it worse with 2g etc but there is definitely interference with 3g/LTE, it is like a crackling sound in the background that you can just about hear during quiet bits in song.
Yeah I disabled AudioFX straight away because it was causing a funny glitch at the beginning of the first song played in Spotify. Regarding the up sampling I guess it isn't the end of the world if I can't turn it off so I will just live in ignorance!

Thank you! This helps, A few more questions if I may:
1. What phone do you use?
2. What connector between phone and Mojo do you use?
3. What headphones / cable do you use?

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #1,818 of 42,765
  How about a thin sheet of silicone between the two? Or maybe cut out a shape from one of those things you put on your dashboard to keep your cellphone from sliding off? HTH

Just ordered a sheet of silicone from eBay. Good deal!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Temp-12-x-12-Black-Silicone-Rubber-Sheet-1-32-thick-40-durometer-/131335778460?hash=item1e9438f09c:m:msCypaqg6mdaQyRu5z1YgFQ

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #1,819 of 42,765
Found this on eBay. Disclaimer: I don't have/use this. 
There are not a lot of short toslink cables out there, unless you go custom route. 

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #1,820 of 42,765
i got my mojo today and gave it a brief listen with my titan and my HD800....the titan is perfect for the mojo just as it is for the hugo and the HD800 plays beautifully with the mojo....ample power,pretty much the same as the hugo....if your hugo drives your cans so will your mojo......

i have an enormous collection of jazz,blues and rock and recently i ran out of room on my titan even with 2 200GB cards so i came up with a novel idea....i was able to buy a mint condition 120 for what i consider peanuts and i actually attached the 2 using velcro back to back so that i have both units together ...one having all of my rock music and the other all of my jazz and blues.....it really isnt that cumbersome and allows me to carry around all the music i have stored....it is not for the pocket but is perfect when i travel etc......

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #1,821 of 42,765
I have a whopping total of 302 songs, take that. 
redface.gif

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #1,822 of 42,765
  .... i recently i ran out of room on my titan even with 2 200GB cards so i came up with a novel idea....i was able to buy a mint condition 120 for what i consider peanuts and i actually attached the 2 using velcro back to back so that i have both units together ...one having all of my rock music and the other all of my jazz and blues.....it really isnt that cumbersome and allows me to carry around all the music i have stored....it is not for the pocket but is perfect when i travel etc......

rolleyes.gif

Wow - you make Duncan look sane (and that's not easy!) 
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #1,823 of 42,765
  i got my mojo today and gave it a brief listen with my titan and my HD800....the titan is perfect for the mojo just as it is for the hugo and the HD800 plays beautifully with the mojo....ample power,pretty much the same as the hugo....if your hugo drives your cans so will your mojo......

i have an enormous collection of jazz,blues and rock and recently i ran out of room on my titan even with 2 200GB cards so i came up with a novel idea....i was able to buy a mint condition 120 for what i consider peanuts and i actually attached the 2 using velcro back to back so that i have both units together ...one having all of my rock music and the other all of my jazz and blues.....it really isnt that cumbersome and allows me to carry around all the music i have stored....it is not for the pocket but is perfect when i travel etc......

Lol, Now that is one way to solve a storage problem I never thought of. I wonder why. :^)

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #1,824 of 42,765
  Thank you! This helps, A few more questions if I may:
1. What phone do you use?
2. What connector between phone and Mojo do you use?
3. What headphones / cable do you use?

1. I have a Oneplus One (in the Oneplus flip case if that makes a difference).

2. I have used both the Oppo HA-2 OTG cable and a custom made Forza Audio Works cable and they are both about the same regarding       interference (I am getting a Mimic OTG cable soon that is right angled for convenience but I suspect it will be the same sound wise).

3. I have some Westone W60 that I use on the go with both the stock cable and a Forza Audio Works Copper Series IEM Mk2 cable; once     again both sound the same regarding interference. I have some Beyerdynamic DT1770 as well with a Forza Audio Works Noir HPC cable     but IMO they are too bulky to take outside so I have not tested it regarding interference. 

As an added extra I will say I removed the OTG cable and it did reduce the interference a bit so possibly a really well shielded one might help but it was still audible anyway. Though as I said before the thing I find frustrating is that I didn't have any interference issue with the Oppo HA-2 and that is £150 cheaper than the Mojo (and sounds it in every way other than the interference). It was sort of suggested that Chord might be looking into it so hopefully they will get back to us with a solution. Hope that helps.

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #1,825 of 42,765

1. I have a Oneplus One (in the Oneplus flip case if that makes a difference).

2. I have used both the Oppo HA-2 OTG cable and a custom made Forza Audio Works cable and they are both about the same regarding       interference (I am getting a Mimic OTG cable soon that is right angled for convenience but I suspect it will be the same sound wise).

3. I have some Westone W60 that I use on the go with both the stock cable and a Forza Audio Works Copper Series IEM Mk2 cable; once     again both sound the same regarding interference. I have some Beyerdynamic DT1770 as well with a Forza Audio Works Noir HPC cable     but IMO they are too bulky to take outside so I have not tested it regarding interference. 

As an added extra I will say I removed the OTG cable and it did reduce the interference a bit so possibly a really well shielded one might help but it was still audible anyway. Though as I said before the thing I find frustrating is that I didn't have any interference issue with the Oppo HA-2 and that is £150 cheaper than the Mojo (and sounds it in every way other than the interference). It was sort of suggested that Chord might be looking into it so hopefully they will get back to us with a solution. Hope that helps.

Been considering this all day and i'm annoyed that as a portable product it has this problem. I am thinking about sending mine back actually. 

Question is what else is out there that would be as good or better used solely with a Macbook Pro at a similar price point ?

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #1,826 of 42,765
  I have a whopping total of 302 songs, take that. 
redface.gif

Woot, the thread is now officially "Wata-fied"!

That is strangely the exact number of songs when you add up all of the albums from:
  1. Taylor Swift
  2. Backstreet Boys
  3. InSync
  4. Debbie Gibson
  5. One Direction

Hmmmmm.......

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #1,827 of 42,765
                                   :rolleyes:

Wow - you make Duncan look sane (and that's not easy!)  :D

Haha, definitely not, congratulations!!

Used to own a Titan, now considering going back down that route! Was the max file limit ever changed in a firmware update do you know, or do you still need to use folder view with a large library?
10,000 tracks is the limit by the looks of it, although no idea if that is what it always has been!?

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #1,828 of 42,765
  Been considering this all day and i'm annoyed that as a portable product it has this problem. I am thinking about sending mine back actually. 

Question is what else is out there that would be as good or better used solely with a Macbook Pro at a similar price point ?

What about Shures new offering? A fair bit more expensive though and I have no idea what it sounds like but I am sure it cant be bad. Personally I would wait though. As I said a Chord rep on this forum did say someone was looking into it (possibly a case with shielding or something I have no idea tbh). Also I think you will struggle to find something that sounds so damn good as this at this price point. I do really love the sound and as suggested I am using Airplane mode but that, for me anyway, is not a suitable permanent solution. 

Oct 23, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #1,829 of 42,765
Mine took nearly 5 hours the other day and it got pretty warm. I was using my Samsung S5 charger which is 2 amp. It'll be fine.

Thats the one.it stopped soon after I posted here,it took nearly 5h and it got pretty hot using a Sony Xperia charger.now I need to see if battery life is OK.
Cheers guys, enjoy:beers::beers::beers:

Oct 23, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #1,830 of 42,765
Thats the one.it stopped soon after I posted here,it took nearly 5h and it got pretty hot using a Sony Xperia charger.now I need to see if battery life is OK.
Cheers guys, enjoy:beers::beers::beers:

I have found that after a few charges, when I charge it now, it doesn't get near as warm. At first it got pretty warm but not so much now and feels pretty normal to the touch. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back