Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 23, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #1,801 of 42,765
Those of you who have heard interference with phones: can you confirm it is gone with 3G / LTE?
Enyone can still experience it with 3G / LTE?

I found it worse with 2g etc but there is definitely interference with 3g/LTE, it is like a crackling sound in the background that you can just about hear during quiet bits in song.

Sorry no I don't think you can turn it off, I think any app that doesn't use it's own USB audio output protocol like UAPP, Onkyo HF or Hiby gets up-sampled automatically by the stock android USB audio out.
If you are running stock CyanOS like me make sure AudioFX is turned off also, this can effect the sound output.

I'll do some digging around to see if I can find a better explanation for you.

Yeah I disabled AudioFX straight away because it was causing a funny glitch at the beginning of the first song played in Spotify. Regarding the up sampling I guess it isn't the end of the world if I can't turn it off so I will just live in ignorance!

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #1,802 of 42,765
  Could it be damaging in the long run to keep the Mojo permanently plugged in as a desktop DAC? I understand that it runs hot and I'm fine with that; just don't want it to explode on my face!

Chord are not in the market of blowing-up Customers we'd rather see people enjoy their products but to dispel any fears, here's a message from Matt of Chord...

Mojo gets warm. nothing nasty or dangerous. It's probably cooler than most laptops (includes my own)... Mojo runs hottest when it is charging and playing at the same time but even then it is nothing to worry about.

Please Note: there are two separate temperature protection circuits which will switch off Mojo before it can get too hot, hth. 

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #1,803 of 42,765
Anyone try stacking with a Fiio X5 using the Fiio stacking kit? That looks promising on paper and also would be the lowest cost transport with 2 micro SD slots.

Also any chance the 2 headphone output can be switched to balance like you can with the Pono?

The stacking kit bands land just outside the width of the Mojo so it's difficult to get them to securely stay (without sliding off). A single band below the X5 screen and in between the Mojo volume and power buttons is a more secure fit.

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #1,804 of 42,765
The stacking kit bands land just outside the width of the Mojo so it's difficult to get them to securely stay (without sliding off). A single band below the X5 screen and in between the Mojo volume and power buttons is a more secure fit.

How about a thin sheet of silicone between the two? Or maybe cut out a shape from one of those things you put on your dashboard to keep your cellphone from sliding off? HTH

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #1,805 of 42,765
Also just ordered a used AK100 as a transport for the Mojo as well as a custom Toslink to mate the two (thanks for the link to Sys Concepts - they're super responsive!). 

Wanted to do some direct comparisons between my X3 via coax and an AK via Toslink. Realized that the AK100 is an almost perfect size-match to the Mojo and with 2 micro SD slots it can hold all of my music. Will let you all know how things work out. 

Cheers 

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #1,806 of 42,765
Also just ordered a used AK100 as a transport for the Mojo as well as a custom Toslink to mate the two (thanks for the link to Sys Concepts - they're super responsive!). 

Wanted to do some direct comparisons between my X3 via coax and an AK via Toslink. Realized that the AK100 is an almost perfect size-match to the Mojo and with 2 micro SD slots it can hold all of my music. Will let you all know how things work out. 

Cheers 
Welcome to the club, you're at least the fourth person that has gone down this route, and - I'm now no longer the newest recruit :D

...Am going to place an order for one of the sysconcept cables on Monday I think, hope it is fast shipping to the UK :D

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #1,807 of 42,765

Cheers 

AK120 has 2 micro SD slots. AK100 only has one I believe.

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #1,809 of 42,765
How much of a realistic improvement is this over the Dragonfly. I don't want to hear hype saying it blows it away because I doubt it's going to be a massive difference. But being realistic, what would be the difference? I like the warmth of the dragonfly so I may just stick with it and grab a Project Polaris.

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #1,810 of 42,765
No, it does have two, like the AK120
smily_headphones1.gif

Interesting. Maybe someone with the knowledge can make a quick post of the differences of the previous AK line. I just saw a "Titan" model and not sure what that is.

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #1,811 of 42,765
Interesting. Maybe someone with the knowledge can make a quick post of the differences of the previous AK line. I just saw a "Titan" model and not sure what that is.
I bought a Titan today, it was the same as the original AK120, but with double internal memory (128gb) and a different paint job...

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #1,812 of 42,765

Cheers 

Also bought one today for my Mojo
smile_phones.gif

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #1,813 of 42,765
How about a thin sheet of silicone between the two? Or maybe cut out a shape from one of those things you put on your dashboard to keep your cellphone from sliding off? HTH

Personally I don't have an issue with anything sliding. I was replying to the question if the X5 stacking kit will work and in my opinion the bands might pop off and the Mojo will fall, and the owner will be upset. Here's a pic with the X5 stacking kit. Note how the bands are angled and not straight. The notches in the Mojo help hold the bands but I'd rather use a more centred one band solution. Personal preference I guess.

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #1,814 of 42,765
Personally I don't have an issue with anything sliding. I was replying to the question if the X5 stacking kit will work and in my opinion the bands might pop off and the Mojo will fall, and the owner will be upset. Here's a pic with the X5 stacking kit. Note how the bands are angled and not straight. The notches in the Mojo help hold the bands but I'd rather use a more centred one band solution. Personal preference I guess.

Awesome! Thanks for the picture. I think I know how this might work. One could apply small silicon feet on the four corners of the Mojo, but both top and bottom. This should keep the stack from sliding and also secure the straps better by placing them on the inner side of the silicon feet. Also good to put these on the Mojo for desktop use too.

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #1,815 of 42,765
I bought a Titan today, it was the same as the original AK120, but with double internal memory (128gb) and a different paint job...

Used to own a Titan, now considering going back down that route! Was the max file limit ever changed in a firmware update do you know, or do you still need to use folder view with a large library?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back