Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 8, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #17,357 of 42,765
Is it unrecommended to use TRRS plugs on the Mojo?

Yes, it is not recommended. Don't do it. :)

Are you referring to TRRS for in line cable remote control, or balanced headphones/IEMs. Either way it won't work. Mojo is TRS only.

May 8, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #17,358 of 42,765
I plugged in one my cables (a TRRS one) but quickly removed it. Do you think I might have damaged the Mojo in any way?

Also, does the cable have to be non-TRRS on both ends?

May 8, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #17,359 of 42,765
Not quite true, if using a headset that has a mic, so long as it was made in the last five years, it will be fine for normal usage, but don't play with the buttons on the cable, will short the ground and lead to potentiality funky echo effects...

May 8, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #17,360 of 42,765
Hi Peter,

According to their marketing material Audirvana+ will sound better by using iZotpoe 64 processing instead of Apple's own Core Audio. To be honest I really haven't compared the difference with the Apple Core Audio output. I just wanted a program that would integrate with iTunes (an interest for me at the time, but no longer), has its own quality library feature (which Audirvana+ does), and something that can read and pass along the native bit depth and sampling rate of the file. The icing on the cake is the robust EQ and audio effects that can be used in Audirvana+.

I think it's definitely a worthwhile program. Try it out, I think you'll like it. You've got nothing to lose.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks.  I see its use of iTunes, but is it worth it if I am subscribed to Tidal "Hi Fi"?  (other than EQ)

May 8, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #17,361 of 42,765
On the go, I traded my HUGO for a MOJO.   My set-up becomes much more compact ! 
biggrin.gif

And before you ask, this nice Canadian Optical cable comes from sysconcept.com 

May 8, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #17,362 of 42,765
On the go, I traded my HUGO for a MOJO.   My set-up becomes much more compact ! :D

And before you ask, this nice Canadian Optical cable comes from sysconcept.com 

Nice German band, their best LP.

May 8, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #17,363 of 42,765
Good time.
Where can I order Silicone Case for Mojo? give me a link please.
And what better to buy a cable for c4 pro - Mojo? Do not use this adapter with any extra.
Sorry for my French, translated in google.

May 8, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #17,364 of 42,765
Could please someone compare Mojo in standalone doc mode to other days? What is the quality and how do you compere it with giving other brand names. Than you very much an I appreciate any help.

As your signature says, trust your ears, not reviews! I strongly suggest you try to get an extended listen with the Mojo. I haven't heard a ton of DACs, but the Mojo is better than my modified Oppo BDP-95, Schiit Modi Uber 2, Teac HA P50, Maverick Audio Tubemagic A1 (with OPA627 upgrade) and Apogee One. Much better, I believe.

But, one of the real benefits is that "line out" is just a shortcut to 3v. And you can adjust that up or down as needed to feed an amp. For most headphones you will likely not need an amp to adequately drive them. The Mojo will have plenty of juice, with a very detailed, transparent sound that is never fatiguing, perhaps slightly warm or just musical. Also works great in a home system with a preamp and speakers.

May 8, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #17,365 of 42,765
I have declined to give all specific names in comparison, publicly, for this reason:  the companies that I chose Mojo over are good companies, and not faceless corporations with endless pockets for R&D.  They are people who even post here, or have representatives post here,(the larger companies)  answer questions, solve issues, and overall, care about music quality and about their customers.  Even though I preferred Mojo to their products, I have appreciated their products, manufacturing and commitment, but mostly their willingness to give something that has long gone out of fashion:  personal customer service. 

I  do not deride one for wanting specifics and although I think it is best answered privately, I neither cone against another for posting.  

I simply wish to share an opinion on this topic.

The overwhelming number of favorable reviews of the Mojo was great to read; but I consider, too, the difficult position other companies, especially the smaller ones, are in with this technological breathtaking little product. I am very much thankful to be learning as much as I have been, from Rob's posts even if I must rush to the dictionary every 2nd sentence.  

I wish and hope that others will follow suit, for example;companies like Beyerdynamic and Astell & Kern, and take notice of how some of these other companies give us such personal attention.  I admire both of these companies' products greatly,  and would  love to see them post on Head-Fi and be as responsive as Chord and some of the others here. 

May 8, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #17,367 of 42,765
I am getting static when using my Mojo with my Surface via USB. Any thoughts on why/solutions? 

May 8, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #17,368 of 42,765
The downside about A17 is the cable walkman to micro usb.
It eats battery A17 faster.

But I don't care as long as Mojo Wow me everytime.

Henddy, how many hours of battery do you get on the A17, when paired with the Mojo?

Thanks!

May 8, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #17,369 of 42,765
Thanks.  I see its use of iTunes, but is it worth it if I am subscribed to Tidal "Hi Fi"?  (other than EQ)

For me the most important thing I wanted was bit perfect output vs using the midi controller to control the bit depth and sampling rate. All the other stuff is rather icing on the cake, and I actually very rarely use EQ. Audirvana+ has Tidal integration but I don't stream so I can't comment on its usefulness. It's a full featured 15 day trial so you literally can audition it for two weeks and decide for yourself.

http://audirvana.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back