1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. audi0nick128

Go for It! You won't regret it... There's even still the killer bundle deal together with Nighthawks (link a few pages back) ... If you don't need them I 'd know someone who would take them of you're hands :)
    Cheers

2. headmanPL

I got some new headphones which sounded duff out of the box. To loosen them up, I hooked everything up to Mojo, which was plugged into the mains via a Samsung charger (for an S5 phone).
    I left it overnight and in the morning, Mojo was off and when I tried to power it up, the LED flashed red then powered down. Strange. I had to unplug the charger from the wall socket to get it to resume charging. As I'd noticed this "fast charges" the phone to 85%, then takes almost as long to go beyond 85%, I suspected it may have something to do with power saving features of the charger. Something in the charger wasn't recognising the voltage drop, and therefore Mojo just ran down.

I thought I'd try again, this time with a Sony charger.
    Sure enough, that has kept Mojo powered up for the last 19 hours!
    Clearly, not all chargers are suitable for keeping Mojo powered as a Desktop DAC.

3. Delayeed
    Wait. So the Mojo can take power from the wall to the "charging port" and then USB input from a PC ? If so that's awesome for more power.
    Possible to power it with just the USB input? If so I reckon it would have more trouble driving higher impedance headphones?

4. audi0nick128

Nice review, I just don't know why so many people feel the case is butt ugly...I think it's functional... And it's offered for a decent price... So fine with me.

BTW now that I know about the mojo Nighthawks bundle, the Nighthawks are somewhat spoiled for me... This might lead me to leave out the Nighthawk and step up to the Ether Cs right away... Yeah dreaming is allowed :)

5. Mediahound

Yes, it has a separate usb power port so you can charge it at the same time as using it, etc. 

6. Mython Contributor

I like to lick the data port whilst the charging port is in use [​IMG] 

I always wondered what the 2nd one was really for!

7. Carl6868

Hopefully not after you've been eating Peanut butter [​IMG]

Mython likes this.
  8. Light - Man

It must have a mushroom flavour! [​IMG]

selfie-.gif 200.gif

Mython and GreenBow like this.
  9. Mediahound
    Question- if I'm storing the Mojo for a while, should I expect it to drain by itself?

10. warrior1975
    That's not a good question here, you might get flamed for not using your Mojo!! :wink:

I think it will be fine for a while if I'm not mistaken... Better question is how could you let the Mojo not be used for an extended time?

11. oleWhiskey

What is the type of Leather you are using?

What is the price set for this case?

Have you guys ever thought of using a Kevlar composite for the casing? ie. DuPont™ Kevlar®

12. masterpfa

Try mounting the Mojo with the velcro on the top. I found that this way there is very little chance of adjusting the volume or switching it off accidently which I have done before I changed the way I mount my Mojo

jmills8 likes this.
  13. jmills8
    Good idea. So turn it onto the other side.

14. Carl6868

It's a composite of Carbon, Adamantium and Kryptonite :wink:

Or it could be just leather !

15. Light - Man
    That sounds like a discussion for a different thread but not on Head-Fi [​IMG]

Mython likes this.