Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Aug 18, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #8,733 of 10,855
Thanks. I thought blue was full charge ?? ( As I’ve edited above, I’ve unplugged & plugged back in and it’s gone to white. )

Imagine even greater confusion when I actually start pressing the coloured buttons ! :relaxed:
White means it's charging correctly at highest rate, there are two colours, cheating rate and charging level, it will go magenta again soon

Aug 18, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #8,734 of 10,855
Thanks……just to say, i left it plugged into my laptop, not using it & it’s changed to purple now. I assume it’s now fully charged ?

Just reading on Chord website, that that is intelligent desktop mode. ( It’s doing my head in, it’s gone back to white again now, after unplugging & plugging back in. )
Yes, purple means desktop mode. My mistake, I thought it's only achievable via chargers capable of white color. After disconnecting from charging, desktop mode will reengage after some time depending on charger speed. In other words, it will charge during that time. So if you want to keep battery health maxed out, either leave it in desktop mode or turned off and disconnected from charging :)

Aug 18, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #8,735 of 10,855
Yes, purple means desktop mode. My mistake, I thought it's only achievable via chargers capable of white color. After disconnecting from charging, desktop mode will reengage after some time depending on charger speed. In other words, it will charge during that time. So if you want to keep battery health maxed out, either leave it in desktop mode or turned off and disconnected from charging :)

Thanks for that. It has now gone back to purple. I’ve decided for now, that I’m going to unplug it & listen with my iPad. Regards listening to music on my laptop, i still don’t know if I’ve got to download any drivers, because it doesn’t show it’s there, in media player, such as JRiver, but I’m not going to worry about that just now.

I’m sure helpful people, like yourself on here, will guide me…..until you’ve all had enough ! :relaxed: :relaxed:

Aug 18, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #8,736 of 10,855
Thanks for that. It has now gone back to purple. I’ve decided for now, that I’m going to unplug it & listen with my iPad. Regards listening to music on my laptop, i still don’t know if I’ve got to download any drivers, because it doesn’t show it’s there, in media player, such as JRiver, but I’m not going to worry about that just now.

I’m sure helpful people, like yourself on here, will guide me…..until you’ve all had enough ! :relaxed: :relaxed:
Plug the laptop into the playback microUSB or the USB-C, not the charging microUSB.

Aug 25, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #8,738 of 10,855
I have a Chord Mojo 2 on the way. I plan to use it with my iPhone 13 Pro Max, and iPad Pro 12.9” 5th generation. I am now reading slightly older posts and reviews that talk about “white noise issues or no sound. Has this been fixed by Apple iOS updates, or even Chord. I also read using an Apple dongle might fix the problem? Anyone using this equipment got it working with the latest iOS I’m 2023?

I guess I can always send it back, but I’ve got a leather case and cables coming from several vendors!

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #8,739 of 10,855
I have a Chord Mojo 2 on the way. I plan to use it with my iPhone 13 Pro Max, and iPad Pro 12.9” 5th generation. I am now reading slightly older posts and reviews that talk about “white noise issues or no sound. Has this been fixed by Apple iOS updates, or even Chord. I also read using an Apple dongle might fix the problem? Anyone using this equipment got it working with the latest iOS I’m 2023?

I guess I can always send it back, but I’ve got a leather case and cables coming from several vendors!
I’ve using mojo2 with iphone13pro with no problem at all. Only problem happens when i used with ddHifi OTG cable MFI09S, white noise / static noise came up while listening.

I change to MFI07S and it works well.

Regarding to no sound, it happens to me when I use with macbook pro 13”, so i use apple cable which come with ipad and it works fine as well.

my assumption is using the right cable. Mojo2 will works. 😆😆😆

Aug 26, 2023 at 4:54 AM Post #8,740 of 10,855

I use mine with a variety of Apple products and have never suffered from white noise issues

Aug 26, 2023 at 5:34 AM Post #8,741 of 10,855
M1 MacBook Pro had white noise. Sent it back for a FW upgrade. All good since. Always no issues with iPhone/iPad though, just M1 chip.

Aug 26, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #8,742 of 10,855
M1 MacBook Pro had white noise. Sent it back for a FW upgrade. All good since. Always no issues with iPhone/iPad though, just M1 chip.
did the white noise occur randomly?

Aug 26, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #8,743 of 10,855

I think the white noise happened when the Mac had the Apple M1 chip. Maybe other cases as well. I would recommend getting a USB to optical converter and using th Optical input. Then you never have to worry about electrical noise if you need to charge your device. If you don’t need sample rates above 192k, then this is the reference input.

As a bonus, I think the battery lasts longer on optical than USB, too.

Aug 26, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #8,744 of 10,855
I think the white noise happened when the Mac had the Apple M1 chip. Maybe other cases as well. I would recommend getting a USB to optical converter and using th Optical input. Then you never have to worry about electrical noise if you need to charge your device. If you don’t need sample rates above 192k, then this is the reference input.

As a bonus, I think the battery lasts longer on optical than USB, too.
Thanks! I will primarily downloading music from Apple Music and Tidal at whatever the highest sampling allowed. Will the Optical port support the "highest" resolution from those kinds of downloads? I remember on an old Musical Fidelity DAC and PS Audio Amplifier optical wasn't as good as USB cabling. That was a long time ago, and I have to admit I haven't kept up much in these days of BlueTooth prevalence. I'm trying to work my way back into the wired fold! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Aug 26, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #8,745 of 10,855
Thanks! I will primarily downloading music from Apple Music and Tidal at whatever the highest sampling allowed. Will the Optical port support the "highest" resolution from those kinds of downloads? I remember on an old Musical Fidelity DAC and PS Audio Amplifier optical wasn't as good as USB cabling. That was a long time ago, and I have to admit I haven't kept up much in these days of BlueTooth prevalence. I'm trying to work my way back into the wired fold! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Optical will support 24-bit/192kHz which is the highest resolution Apple Music and other streaming services go up to. If you’re schlepping the Mojo out with an iPhone, the apple Camera adapter with a usb a to c cable will work well. If you want to cut down on bulk, a lightning to usb C cable does this but many of them produce random blasts of white noise. I made videos about this on my channel. The DD Hifi 07S works without producing those noise blasts.

Chibs

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back