Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 6, 2023 at 5:24 AM Post #7,096 of 10,857
Much appreciated friend. Please tell us.
Steam Deck recognises the Mojo 2 instantaneously, you can find its name 'Mojo2' in the audio settings as well. And sound is amazing!
I have used an Anker Series 7 USB-C cable and tested with my Focal Elegia. The game I played is the perfect test: Hi-Fi rush. You should try it!

Mar 6, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #7,097 of 10,857
Steam Deck recognises the Mojo 2 instantaneously, you can find its name 'Mojo2' in the audio settings as well. And sound is amazing!
I have used an Anker Series 7 USB-C cable and tested with my Focal Elegia. The game I played is the perfect test: Hi-Fi rush. You should try it!
Nice. Will try this. You went USB-C to USB-C?

Mar 6, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #7,098 of 10,857
Thank you for these photos. :)

Which cable are you using to connect your Mojo 2 with that amplifier? Can you give a link?
Also, where can I find the specifications? I cannot find them on their website

It’s a cable I made years ago.

0.6mm pure silver inside a Teflon tube.

If I remember rightly I bought the silver from the London scientific company.
Used Rean 3.5mm plugs.

Picture of that cable along with its baby brother.
Shown with the ddhifi dac.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Mar 6, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #7,099 of 10,857
It’s a cable I made years ago.
0.6mm pure silver inside a Teflon tube.
If I remember rightly I bought the silver from the London scientific company.
Used Rean 3.5mm plugs.
I get pure silver (0.9999) fully annealed wire from jewellers supply merchants. They use them for repairs, etc.
The fully annealed wire is pretty flexible. I then use silicon-heat-shrink tubing, they don't shrink that much, but when done, they are flexible and rubbery.
Good thing is that both the wire and the tubing costs peanuts!
I have made 4 foot headphone cables, with the best of terminations, for about £50 or less.

Mar 6, 2023 at 6:10 AM Post #7,100 of 10,857
Nice. Will try this. You went USB-C to USB-C?
Yes, USB-C to USB-C. I do the same thing with the Focal Bathys DAC-mode. Easy peasy!

Mar 6, 2023 at 6:42 AM Post #7,101 of 10,857
I get pure silver (0.9999) fully annealed wire from jewellers supply merchants. They use them for repairs, etc.
The fully annealed wire is pretty flexible. I then use silicon-heat-shrink tubing, they don't shrink that much, but when done, they are flexible and rubbery.
Good thing is that both the wire and the tubing costs peanuts!
I have made 4 foot headphone cables, with the best of terminations, for about £50 or less.

One of my best eBay bargains ever.
Guy was selling a 1.5m iPod to rca cable .
The cable was Kimber silver 4 wire.
Cost in the UK around £1200+
Well I paid £100 👍

Tried it as a headphone cable on some modded Grados.
Sounded wonderful but was far too stiff.
So was cut up and into several rca cables.
Bought some Kimber rca plugs and use from phono pre amps into and out of a passive pre amp.

You can also make some nice sounding cables from Cat6 cable very cheaply.👍

Just a quick shout out to a company called Skyaudio cables.
Great cables with fantastic build quality that don’t cost the earth.
There on eBay.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Mar 6, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #7,103 of 10,857
Thank you so much. You made my day good sir. I have hifi rush in my library already waiting for the mojo 2 to try this and oher two games. Metal hellsinger and Hellblade (recorded with binaural microphones).

Mar 6, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #7,104 of 10,857
Yes, USB-C to USB-C. I do the same thing with the Focal Bathys DAC-mode. Easy peasy!
This is a game-changer, sir. Honestly would never have thought to pair the Mojo 2 with a Steamdeck, but works perfectly with no lag. And hot dang, it sounds so good. These Kennerton GH50 JM's are especially so good for gaming with their excellent imaging and wide soundstage.

1130119.jpg

Mar 6, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #7,106 of 10,857
Thank you so much. You made my day good sir. I have hifi rush in my library already waiting for the mojo 2 to try this and oher two games. Metal hellsinger and Hellblade (recorded with binaural microphones).
Glad to help! I have Hellblade in my backlog and did not know about the binaural microphones. Now I am looking forward to play it!

This is a game-changer, sir. Honestly would never have thought to pair the Mojo 2 with a Steamdeck, but works perfectly with no lag. And hot dang, it sounds so good. These Kennerton GH50 JM's are especially so good for gaming with their excellent imaging and wide soundstage.

1130119.jpg
I agree, never thought about it - and honestly, I completely forgot that Mojo 2 has an USB-C. Poly covers that port.
Enjoy your enhanced gaming set-up!

Mar 6, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #7,107 of 10,857
Aah, memories!
As a kid, we used sit around our Samovar and have breakfast - good old days.
I even have scar, when one burnt me as a kid! :smiling_imp:
I have the same relationship whenever I see an Aga. I also burnt myself on it as a child, and tend to experience a mix of nostalgia and residual pain whenever I see one (which is not often).

As for the Samovar, I have to confess it's only ornamental. Having a toddler of my own means that breakfasts are often nasty, brutish, and short with no room for delicacy.

Mar 6, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #7,108 of 10,857
As for the Samovar, I have to confess it's only ornamental. Having a toddler of my own means that breakfasts are often nasty, brutish, and short with no room for delicacy.
It's a replica, isn't it? I see no electrics nor a fuel tank.
But it is pretty.

Mar 6, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #7,109 of 10,857
It's a replica, isn't it? I see no electrics nor a fuel tank.
But it is pretty.
It's unlikely to be a replica, but it is likely to be either decommissioned or non-electrical. Slightly off-topic, but I live in a flat that is furnished by the owners, and the owners are very old school Viennese. The entire building is itself connected to a furniture museum. Despite living here for several years, there's a bunch of things that are slightly mystifying to me (though also agreeable). In any case, I must ask about the samovar the next time I see the owner.

Mar 6, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #7,110 of 10,857
I purchased a Mojo 2 (new) a couple months ago and I’ve been having loud noise bursts every 20 minutes or so of listening without touching the unit or moving it at all. I’ve browsed this thread a bit and haven’t found any solutions yet but I see others are having the same issue. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back