Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 13, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #6,886 of 10,857
I experienced my first white noise incident this weekend. Shanling M0 pro via usb C to Mojo 2 using the Cayin USB C - USB C cable. It was because I fed the Mojo 2 native DSD, not DOP. It was no louder than the volume I was listening to music.

Otherwise I have no issues with white noise with any of my iOS devices or Macbook Pro.

Feb 13, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #6,888 of 10,857
IMG_1138.jpeg

Love this combo for mobility and also for desktop use. On desktop I use iFi iLink Micro (old product) the difference between optical spdif and usb is huge for me.
I read somewhere a comment from chord employee that new improved GoFigure for Poly is currently in works.. I think Poly could be much more.. with proper firmware/software. I use Roon and MPD server so far best app for me to navigate mpd is https://www.rigelian.net

Feb 13, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #6,891 of 10,857
Feb 13, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #6,893 of 10,857
The Mojo white noise is certainly not only an Apple issue and it certainly isn't only a USB issue.

I had a burst of white noise feeding Mojo via coaxial from an Android DAP - clearly no Apple or USB.

All I was doing was swapping out headphone plugs quickly while A/B testing between devices.

From reading about it here the common theme seems to be that there isn't a common theme.

It seems to be caused by anything that essentially catches the Mojo out and gets it into a bind, that appears to be able to be caused by a variety of things.

Feb 13, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #6,894 of 10,857
Poly should cost no more than $100. It’s OLD. It’s a dynasaurus.

Yep ..... I have entertained the idea of a Poly until I recently read through parts of the Poly thread and that cemented it for me. A six year old thread nearly 1200 pages long and they are still going over the latest problems that Poly is causing people.

And that is the device that Chord compromised the set up of the Mojo 2 for ..... anyway, we have had that conversation !

Feb 13, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #6,895 of 10,857
Feb 13, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #6,896 of 10,857
The Mojo white noise is certainly not only an Apple issue and it certainly isn't only a USB issue.

I had a burst of white noise feeding Mojo via coaxial from an Android DAP - clearly no Apple or USB.

All I was doing was swapping out headphone plugs quickly while A/B testing between devices.

From reading about it here the common theme seems to be that there isn't a common theme.

It seems to be caused by anything that essentially catches the Mojo out and gets it into a bind, that appears to be able to be caused by a variety of things.
Copy that, understood. What a bummer, with chord being held in such high regards it does seem strange to encounter so many of these types of problems and posts. I’d love more time to test with the elites, but the worry about being blasted with noise just calms that bite quite a bit unfortunately.

Feb 13, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #6,897 of 10,857
Copy that, understood. What a bummer, with chord being held in such high regards it does seem strange to encounter so many of these types of problems and posts. I’d love more time to test with the elites, but the worry about being blasted with noise just calms that bite quite a bit unfortunately.
The Mojo 2 doesn’t have the power necessary to blow/damage the driver. It’s white noise, so it won’t cause distortion either. It’ll startle you, but not hurt the transducers.

Feb 13, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #6,899 of 10,857
Set-up a company and manufacture one! So many of us, would be happy to pay you $200 for it.

Until then, Poly, while far from perfect, works great for my wonderful MOJO.
Shanling M0 Pro. And it costs just $130.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back