Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Sep 18, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #5,431 of 10,828
I think the automatic input selection is the same on Mojo and Mojo 2, which means that the inputs are checked/selected in order of priority.
USB has priority 1, and is selected by default if Mojo 2 detects 5V on the VBUS pin of the plug/socket.
  • When you have both USB and Toslink plugged in (and switched on at the source) your Mojo 2 is detecting the 5V VBUS and selecting the input from your PC, even if your Streamer is switched on.
  • When you unplug the USB cable (or alternatively switch your PC off), the 5V on the VBUS disappears, so the Mojo 2 will next check and use your Toslink input.
This is partly explained in this post for the Mojo

I'm not sure I completely understand. I get the priority thing, and the manual states that selection of inputs should be automatic, depending on where the signal is coming from.

"Mojo 2 will auto-select the correct input when music is played to the device. Mojo 2 will prioritise specific inputs if all four are connected simultaneously. USB has priority followed by coaxial and then optical. It is only possible to connect one USB at a time (Micro-USB takes priority over USB-C)."

Sep 18, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #5,432 of 10,828
I'm not sure I completely understand. I get the priority thing, and the manual states that selection of inputs should be automatic, depending on where the signal is coming from.

"Mojo 2 will auto-select the correct input when music is played to the device. Mojo 2 will prioritise specific inputs if all four are connected simultaneously. USB has priority followed by coaxial and then optical. It is only possible to connect one USB at a time (Micro-USB takes priority over USB-C)."
OK I will PM you with a deeper explanation, after I have cooked/eaten my dinner :relaxed:

Sep 19, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #5,434 of 10,828
I recently dug out my old Beyerdynamic T90, which I bought to serve as a set up for longer term business travel in combination with a Dragonfly Red.

Since Covid my business travel has been reduced to much less frequent and shorter trips, so I haven't really listened to the Beyers in a while.

Now sitting on my terrace in the sun, feeding the T90 via the Mojo 2 Qobuz from my MacBook Air via USB-C.

And starting to wonder, why would one actually need a better setup than this. The occasionally slightly aggressive treble of the T90 can easily be tamed with the Mojo's EQ, and the full detail of the Mojo sound is still there.

Of course, when I go back to my main setup with the Utopia and HD800 I get more of everything, but I could easily live with this <1000$ setup in terms o pure musical enjoyment for quite a while.

Sep 19, 2022 at 7:18 AM Post #5,435 of 10,828
I recently dug out my old Beyerdynamic T90, which I bought to serve as a set up for longer term business travel in combination with a Dragonfly Red.

Since Covid my business travel has been reduced to much less frequent and shorter trips, so I haven't really listened to the Beyers in a while.

Now sitting on my terrace in the sun, feeding the T90 via the Mojo 2 Qobuz from my MacBook Air via USB-C.

And starting to wonder, why would one actually need a better setup than this. The occasionally slightly aggressive treble of the T90 can easily be tamed with the Mojo's EQ, and the full detail of the Mojo sound is still there.

Of course, when I go back to my main setup with the Utopia and HD800 I get more of everything, but I could easily live with this <1000$ setup in terms o pure musical enjoyment for quite a while.
Agreed. My setup is just a shade over $1000 with the Hifiman Edition XS and I'm streaming Amazon HD through a WiiM Mini to the Mojo, and it's glorius.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #5,437 of 10,828
A heads up for those folk looking for a lightning to usb c cable to dispense with the bulky apple camera connection kit.

Received this Fiio LT-LT1 cable tday so I can use my phone when poly runs out of juice, works fine on my iPhone XS/iOS 16 to mojo 2. Certainly less bulky than the apple CCK bulky dongle.

Fiio lightning to usb c cable here, i imagine you can also find it on Amazon/other retailers

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #5,438 of 10,828
A heads up for those folk looking for a lightning to usb c cable to dispense with the bulky apple camera connection kit.

Received this Fiio LT-LT1 cable tday so I can use my phone when poly runs out of juice, works fine on my iPhone XS/iOS 16 to mojo 2. Certainly less bulky than the apple CCK bulky dongle.

Fiio lightning to usb c cable here, i imagine you can also find it on Amazon/other retailers
Thanks. Just ordered it today.

Sep 21, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #5,439 of 10,828
Has anyone tried HE1000 v2 with Chord Mojo 2 ?

Sep 21, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #5,440 of 10,828
Is anybody else having issues with their iPhone freezing after using the Mojo2 with the lightning to USB camera adapter after the last iOS 16 update? I’ve reached out to Apple and apparently this issue has not been reported widely so I’ll need to reach out to Chord tomorrow…

Sep 22, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #5,441 of 10,828
Is anybody else having issues with their iPhone freezing after using the Mojo2 with the lightning to USB camera adapter after the last iOS 16 update? I’ve reached out to Apple and apparently this issue has not been reported widely so I’ll need to reach out to Chord tomorrow…
I don’t have Mojo 2 any more but can confirm no problems with ios16 and Questyle M15 .
No problems with other dongle dacs with ddhifi cables all work.

Sep 22, 2022 at 8:05 AM Post #5,442 of 10,828
Just tried and no issues here. CCC into generic USB cable Into Mojo.

Sep 22, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #5,443 of 10,828
I haven't have any problems with ios 16 and Tidal into a Mojo 2 using the fiio lightning cable.

Sep 22, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #5,445 of 10,828

Thanks. Just ordered it today.
Let me know if you guys get that white noise issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back