Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 22, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #4,381 of 10,443
Thanks for the reply. So you mean the 12V wouldn't work with the Mojo?
The review sample is 5v so it has the usb adapters. The 12v will not have those adapters. Maybe @iFi audio can chime in.

May 22, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #4,382 of 10,443
Thanks for the reply. So you mean the 12V wouldn't work with the Mojo?
Yes, you don't want to use 12V for the Mojo. I looked at the product page. It does list a 5V/3A output as a choice. That would work with a Mojo.

May 23, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #4,387 of 10,443
Why not use an Apple Dongle?
1653325532381.png

May 23, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #4,388 of 10,443
He did not measure EQ and did not talk about it either. Optical input was not tested too. Sinad could have been still better with higher output.
Someone posted a reply basically saying same thing and I +1 it, so he may go back and do it.
I hinted him very strongly a couple of weeks ago to do the review and be the first! so he did. At least now we have an independent lab test on Mojo2.
Don't expect the earth though from Amir, for one he hates to recommend Chord DACs, and two, "How do you measure a DSP"?
We suggested doing a comparison between say a Roon software EQ of the same and Mojo2's hardware EQ.
We'll see, at least this time he had praises all around.
And in the replies, so did non-other than Dan Clark!

May 24, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #4,389 of 10,443
Listening to Led Zeppelin - How the west was won through the Mojo 2 and Fostex TH909, what a wonderful experience :) one of those moments where you just get lost in the music.

Edit: I think a lot has to do with the depth, the presentation of listening to that album - the music was in front of me, like I was in row 6 at a concert, rather than left/in my head/right like it normally has been.

Last edited:
May 24, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #4,390 of 10,443
Hi, I connected my Mojo2 now first time optical to my old Auralic Aries. It really sounds a step better than from my iPad via USB, more details, precision, every aspect a bit improved. How do I get this quality now in a mobile set up? Would Poly with my iPhone be at the same level?

May 24, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #4,391 of 10,443
Hi, I connected my Mojo2 now first time optical to my old Auralic Aries. It really sounds a step better than from my iPad via USB, more details, precision, every aspect a bit improved. How do I get this quality now in a mobile set up? Would Poly with my iPhone be at the same level?
Yes. Poly is as much a benchmark for SQ as the optical input.
Be aware though that the handling needs a little patience and a stable 2,4GHz Wifi for streaming.
I struggled a bit with the 2Go (similar to Poly but for Hugo 2) but am now quite happy with McConnect Lite on the iPhone for playing both local files from the SD card and streaming from Tidal.
I also heard a clear improvement in SQ with the Hugo 2 + 2Go compared to mirco-USB input.

May 25, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #4,394 of 10,443
The only good headphone in the world that needs more power than the Apple Dongle for adequate loudness is the DCA Stealth.
Why use an external DAC at all then (maybe for apple one has to). I have LG G6 which can drive all my headphones/iem. Better one why not use bundled earphones included with the phone itself (for the apple one has to buy separately). Everything sounds the same, right?

May 25, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #4,395 of 10,443
Why use an external DAC at all then (maybe for apple one has to). I have LG G6 which can drive all my headphones/iem. Better one why not use bundled earphones included with the phone itself (for the apple one has to buy separately). Everything sounds the same, right?
/s

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back