Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 25, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #4,396 of 10,527
I'm having issue when my laptop (running Windows 10) is connected to my work docking station and Mojo2 at the same time.
Mojo2 suddenly is not detected by Windows.
If I remove the docking station, Mojo2 can be detected again.

I tried to remove and reinstalled Chord driver - it still does not work.

Could anyone assist me on this?

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #4,397 of 10,527
I'm having issue when my laptop (running Windows 10) is connected to my work docking station and Mojo2 at the same time.
Mojo2 suddenly is not detected by Windows.
If I remove the docking station, Mojo2 can be detected again.

I tried to remove and reinstalled Chord driver - it still does not work.

Could anyone assist me on this?
What about plugging the mojo into the dock? Could be your work environment disables the USB on the laptop when docked or even external devices when connected to the corporate network.

May 26, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #4,398 of 10,527
Anyone else find their Sundara transformed by the Mojo 2?

Seriously, the DSP on this thing is remarkable. I tend to leave crossfeed on green, but often change the bass shelf by 1 or 2 dB around 3 to 5dB depending on the music.

Listening to Sundial Aeon's Analysis and these cans are thumping like they've never thumped before. I'm not really a basehead, but I'm thoroughly enjoying this.

May 26, 2022 at 6:07 AM Post #4,399 of 10,527
Anyone else find their Sundara transformed by the Mojo 2?

Seriously, the DSP on this thing is remarkable. I tend to leave crossfeed on green, but often change the bass shelf by 1 or 2 dB around 3 to 5dB depending on the music.

Listening to Sundial Aeon's Analysis and these cans are thumping like they've never thumped before. I'm not really a basehead, but I'm thoroughly enjoying this.
Not only for the Sundara's but plenty of other headphones as well. I find the Mojo 2 to be a brilliant little device for portable use.

May 26, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #4,400 of 10,527
Not only for the Sundara's but plenty of other headphones as well. I find the Mojo 2 to be a brilliant little device for portable use.
I wouldn't know. I've never taken mine off my desk. :xf_wink: Seriously, desktop mode has been a nice change too from the original Mojo. Just leave it plugged in all the time with no worries.

May 26, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #4,401 of 10,527
I wouldn't know. I've never taken mine off my desk. :xf_wink: Seriously, desktop mode has been a nice change too from the original Mojo. Just leave it plugged in all the time with no worries.
Agreed, desktop mode is a really great add to the Mojo 2. I’m currently using mine this way. I just have a lot headphones in rotation that I can tryout on it.

May 26, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #4,402 of 10,527
Agreed, desktop mode is a really great add to the Mojo 2. I’m currently using mine this way. I just have a lot headphones in rotation that I can tryout on it.
And a credit card sized remote would really go nice with it!
They could even have sold it separately, as an accessory.
I'd say Desktop mode is a nice gesture, a remote would complete the picture.
Just on/off , volume and input control is enough.
full remote would be WOW.

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #4,403 of 10,527
I've posted some measurements of the Mojo 2 here: https://goldensound.audio/2022/05/26/chord-mojo-2-measurements/

Couple key takeaways:

1) Amir's measurements show some issues that neither of the units I tested have. I've no idea if it was his unit or something in his setup, but both units I've tested performed better than shown in his measurements. I suspect it might be related to him not galvanically isolating the unit, as a portable device like this will be susceptible to a noisy source like a desktop PC.

2) If using the Mojo 2 with a PC, a galvanic isolator does improve performance. Whether it's worth the upgrade is up to you, but if you have a USB filter or isolator it's probably best to use it.

3) Desktop mode had effectively no impact on performance. Well done Chord!

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #4,404 of 10,527
Awesome! Desktop mode seems like a really swift add-on, especially for someone like me who has already had a custom linear DC LPS that I was using for the Qutest terminated to micro USB, and it did wonders for the sound. Looking forward to plugging it in once I finally get the Mojo 2. And for anyone who thinks battery power is the holy grail of audio, I've heard other opinions from those with top linear power supplies. If that were true, DAPs would reign over desktop rigs.

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #4,405 of 10,527
I've posted some measurements of the Mojo 2 here: https://goldensound.audio/2022/05/26/chord-mojo-2-measurements/

Couple key takeaways:

1) Amir's measurements show some issues that neither of the units I tested have. I've no idea if it was his unit or something in his setup, but both units I've tested performed better than shown in his measurements. I suspect it might be related to him not galvanically isolating the unit, as a portable device like this will be susceptible to a noisy source like a desktop PC.

2) If using the Mojo 2 with a PC, a galvanic isolator does improve performance. Whether it's worth the upgrade is up to you, but if you have a USB filter or isolator it's probably best to use it.

I put a USBe perfect in front on the Mojo 2 and the improvements are great. Better bass, improvements to imaging and staging, quieter improving clarity. Just about all technicalities are improved. Definitely +1 for your findings for item number 2.

May 26, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #4,406 of 10,527
I put a USBe perfect in front on the Mojo 2 and the improvements are great. Better bass, improvements to imaging and staging, quieter improving clarity. Just about all technicalities are improved. Definitely +1 for your findings for item number 2.
Same here but I use the humbler AQ Jitterbug with much improvement over the Curious Hugo Link on its own (the Curious is obviously much better sounding on its own than the generic stock micro-USB cable I was using).

(1's and 0's crowd can ignore the above).

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #4,407 of 10,527

Couple key takeaways:

Thanks for sharing this.
Can you please give examples of galvanic isolators that could do the job?

May 26, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #4,408 of 10,527
Thanks for sharing this.
Can you please give examples of galvanic isolators that could do the job?
In terms of galvanic isolators there aren't many. Intona is the main company making them as the ifi iGalvanic is now discontinued. (Other companies like JCAT are actually using intona isolators in a different chassis).
But they're also quite pricey.

A decent filter like the iPurifier would also likely work quite well without costing as much as an isolator

May 26, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #4,409 of 10,527
In terms of galvanic isolators there aren't many. Intona is the main company making them as the ifi iGalvanic is now discontinued. (Other companies like JCAT are actually using intona isolators in a different chassis).
But they're also quite pricey.

A decent filter like the iPurifier would also likely work quite well without costing as much as an isolator
Very helpful, thank you. They are indeed pricey - would the AQ jitterbug mentioned above do roughly the same job?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back