Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 29, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #3,451 of 11,010
Substandard USB cable has low bandwidth, it is noisy and suffers from dropouts, it sends the (sensitive) USB input of Chord DACs crazy! hence the white noise.
At lower bitrates, it just manages.
I wish Chord fixes that instead of white noise, it just mutes!
Change your cable, check your connections, it is a known issue (with bad cables).
Ok thanks for the advice, I have indeed been using bog standard cables I found in a drawer.
One thing to note: I've been using the same micro-USB cable with the original Mojo which i also own, and never had this issue.
Is the Mojo 2 more sensitive?

Finally, which cable or cable maker would you recommend?

Mar 29, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #3,452 of 11,010
Ok thanks for the advice, I have indeed been using bog standard cables I found in a drawer.
One thing to note: I've been using the same micro-USB cable with the original Mojo which i also own, and never had this issue.

On my MacBook, I hooked the Mojo2 with thunderbolt cable (overkill but does the job), It's been smooth so far with no issues that you mentioned.

Mar 29, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #3,453 of 11,010

Amazon basic usually is fine.
I do not know any makes, I make my own DIY stuff.
But I did use an Audioquest Pearl with no issues., if you want to go semi-exotic!
It is just a good cable with (real) gold-plated contacts that also should double up as a fast charge cable, if you connect it to a 2 amp wall charger!
No, Mojo2 is no more sensitive - it has the same USB input chip.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #3,454 of 11,010
Mar 29, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #3,455 of 11,010
Thanks for the advice, appreciate it. time to go cable shopping!

Mar 29, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #3,456 of 11,010
I am using the cable that came with the Mojo 2. If this is considered substandard...
PS: my USB ports OK, no issues reported from Windows. Also, to be precise: the white noise appeared in my system only while using the provided USB cable. Besides that, I am also using 2 other USB-C to USB-C cables. This one and this one. This irritating white noise has not appeared while using these two cables but I have not used them much.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #3,457 of 11,010
The white noise occurs when the streamer/pc looses the handshake, usually when changing tracks of different resolution. I have had this with all my Chord dacs… mojo1, mojo2, h2, TT1and TT2 and cables. Usually software reinitialize cures it.

Mar 29, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #3,458 of 11,010
Agreed that was an issue with Mojo - if you left it on the shelf for several weeks you needed to top up the charge. One of the improvements I made was to reduce the standby current (this powers the on/off circuitry) by an order of magnitude - now with Mojo 2 it now takes 7 months to go from full charge to flat whilst leaving it on the shelf.
It is really good to know that the battery discharge problem is resolved with the M2, this will reassure a lot of people who were concerned about it, in fact i feel this part of the redesign should've been highlighted among all the other new features (unless i missed it) as it makes the M2 an even more compelling offer!

Mar 29, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #3,459 of 11,010
It is really good to know that the battery discharge problem is resolved with the M2, this will reassure a lot of people who were concerned about it, in fact i feel this part of the redesign should've been highlighted among all the other new features (unless i missed it) as it makes the M2 an even more compelling offer!
No it wasn't highlighted, not as far as I knew, frankly, till you mentioned it, I didn't even know it was an issue, never mind an already a solution!
It is good to know that RW is thorough.
So can I buy your Mojo off you for cheap now? I mean it has lots of issues :relaxed:

Mar 29, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #3,460 of 11,010
The white noise occurs when the streamer/pc looses the handshake, usually when changing tracks of different resolution. I have had this with all my Chord dacs… mojo1, mojo2, h2, TT1and TT2 and cables. Usually software reinitialize cures it.
All I was doing, in both times when this horrible white noise occurred, was to listen to music on YouTube on my browser, using the provided USB cable. It was a continuous DJ set, so no change of tracks or of resolution. It is pretty alarming what you say, that you've encountered this in all of your Chord devices! I have already emailed support and I am waiting for their response. Do you realize how does it feel to be lost in music, listening to a certain high volume, and this sound to occur? I am using my 7Hz Timeless IEM and I thought I would lose my hearing...

And, what is the solution? To set it up at 16/44.1 to listen to YouTube and go change it again, when listening to local files, Amazon HD and Qobuz?

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #3,461 of 11,010
Anyone with the mojo 2 and a ps5 able to test if the ps5 recognises it via the front usb c to usb c connection and if the ps5 usb a ports provide enough power to the mojo 2 via micro in order to leave it connected?

Ideally both the usb c and usb a Port are connected to the mojo 2 for data and charging.

Mar 29, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #3,462 of 11,010
If you set Qobuz (or whatever) to WASAPI exclusive it will automatically change to the correct sample rate, so you just leave the windows setting to 16 44.1. I leave my windows settings on 24bit 48khz all the time and have never experienced the problem with Mojo 2 or Hugo 2.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #3,464 of 11,010
If you set Qobuz (or whatever) to WASAPI exclusive it will automatically change to the correct sample rate, so you just leave the windows setting to 16 44.1. I leave my windows settings on 24bit 48khz all the time and have never experienced the problem with Mojo 2 or Hugo 2.
Thank you for your reply! I sincerely hope and wish that this will work for me, as well! I wouldn't like to return the Mojo 2 + I've also purchased the leather Mojo case (£45) and a 6 year guarantee from my local dealer (£45). It's not so much that, though, I really like the Mojo 2 for my desktop!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back