Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 8, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #2,281 of 10,853
Is the mojo 2 a worthwhile purchase, if I own a WM1A already? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Have you added Mr Walkman's firmware to the WM1a? If you do its basically a WM1az.

I've owned the Mojo/Poly combo & WM1a simultaneously. I think the Mojopoly had a slight technical edge (but not the mojo alone) while i preferred the signature of the WM1az.

Honestly, it's so damned close in terms of SQ, if you don't need the Mojo power...The wm1a battery and features, with bluetooth, make it a no brainer. Unless you love the chord sound signature.

Bear in mind the WM1a retailed at £1100, which is a good chunk more than the mojo/poly combo, so its not hugely surprising it matches the mojo in sound.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #2,282 of 10,853
Those are different types of noise. Ground noise travels via ground rails. PC noise that gets into the DAC travels via USB data rails.

Most Chord DACs have usb data rail noise filtering.
I asked Rob Watts for this and he answered: "Sure - there are ferrites in the USB ground to suppress RF noise from entering Mojo 2."

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #2,283 of 10,853
Long shot question here that I have not spotted an answer to.
Does the Mojo 2/Poly combination fit in the premium Chord case from the 1st generation Mojo/Poly and if so do the buttons function within reason?
Looking for a stop gap solution as we await newer cases and I wear out Mojo 1 :)

Feb 8, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #2,284 of 10,853
I will be listening primarily with my HD 600s, HD 6XX’s, HE 4XX’s. And I plan on getting some Audeze LCD 2C’s as well.

I’m not an IEM guy.

For my use case scenario, do you guys think I will really hear all the benefits that the mojo 2 has to offer, above some thing like a Sony Dap?

In other words, do you need highly resolving IEM‘s to hear the benefits; will they be lost on me since I’m listening with over the ear open back headphones?

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #2,285 of 10,853
Does the Mojo 2/Poly combination fit in the premium Chord case from the 1st generation Mojo/Poly and if so do the buttons function within reason?
Looking for a stop gap solution as we await newer cases and I wear out Mojo 1 :)
obviously not, given the new ball.

Feb 8, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #2,286 of 10,853
I dont have the chord case, but my case is perfectly adequate
IMG_1754.jpg

Feb 8, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #2,287 of 10,853
How can anyone verify one arbitrary number from another?
My intention was not to derive objective conclusions out of this subjective comparison. People seem to be enjoying the difference in SQ between the mojo and mojo2 as almost all of the owners unfalteringly pointed out. So I just thought if 8/10 and 9/10 comments really symbolize that much of a difference which people were enthusiastic about. I know it’s just a number but the guy only raised it by one point which is not much. At least not as much as the hype (which I don’t say is baseless) going on here.

Feb 8, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #2,288 of 10,853
I asked Rob Watts for this and he answered: "Sure - there are ferrites in the USB ground to suppress RF noise from entering Mojo 2."
Sure - there are ferrites in the USB ground to suppress RF noise from entering Mojo 2. As to whether external filters will help depends upon your usage. If it's a mobile source, then I can't see it making any difference. But it may make a difference if yours source is mains powered and Mojo 2 is connected to a mains powered amp; again it all depends upon how noisy the source is. Best bet in that instance is to use optical.
It's useful to see the whole message from Rob, quoted above.

Feb 8, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #2,289 of 10,853
Or why don’t you wait and see what Sony release this week?
Are there any 'rumours' for Sony's upcoming presentation/release? I'm in the market for either a mojo2poly or mojo2/stack (android transport); trying to weigh up options.

Feb 8, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #2,293 of 10,853
Has anyone heard the Mojo2 (or Mojo2/poly) against the iBasso DX300Max?

Feb 8, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #2,294 of 10,853
Just got home after work- got Mojo 2 and Poly set up as a Roon endpoint in minutes.

Sounding just excellent with my Focal Utopias.
My listening session was, sadly, totally ruined by Poly's unreliable wifi with two different routers.

I will be staying away from Chord streamers until they finally start supporting 5GHz networks.

I have the same issue with my Astell&Kern SP2000- perfectly fine on 5Ghz and intermittent dropouts on 2.4.

I have no use for Mojo 2 without Poly but am glad to at least have heard how good it is.

Feb 8, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #2,295 of 10,853
My listening session was, sadly, totally ruined by Poly's unreliable wifi with two different routers.

I will be staying away from Chord streamers until they finally start supporting 5GHz networks.

I have the same issue with my Astell&Kern SP2000- perfectly fine on 5Ghz and intermittent dropouts on 2.4.

I have no use for Mojo 2 without Poly but am glad to at least have heard how good it is.
Sorry to hear that. After 1 hour of trying to make Poly play the way and tracks I would like I reconnected Mojo 2 to my Lumin U1 Mini again via usb (optical is next on the to do list) and I enjoy my listening session. Poly can be so frustrating, I can't image how people could live with it before 3.x firmware.

Coming back to my first Mojo 2 impression: I would say our relationship is quite complex and definitively different than with original Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back