Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 3, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #1,922 of 10,855
Trying now extensively the Mojo 2 with 6db @ 20Hz sub bass boost and 5db shelf at 120Hz and Audeze LCD-X and LCD-MX4. You get a boost on bass which is super well controlled, articulate, precise and quick. the most important benefit so far from this DSP is ZERO bleed to the mids. It's fantastic. Not sure why people will spend time talking USB connectors and not the DSP which in my opinions the star of the show

Edit: Also 2 db at 3KZ. This is amazing guys
I agree. I'm not good at describing what i hear (in general)... but Im really enjoying it with a bit of bass oooomph applied :gs1000smile:

Feb 3, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #1,923 of 10,855
Thank you very much for your photos;
this is bad news; in the worst case,, in the future, the cables will be cut to solder the new battery
It may be possible to slide the plug out of the connector somehow. Although the plug itself is unusual. In Mojo 1 the connector was standard. I think soldering a new battery wouldn't be a problem, because as you can see in the pictures there are +/- pads right next to it for soldering a new battery.

Feb 3, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #1,924 of 10,855
Trying now extensively the Mojo 2 with 6db @ 20Hz sub bass boost and 5db shelf at 120Hz and Audeze LCD-X and LCD-MX4. You get a boost on bass which is super well controlled, articulate, precise and quick. the most important benefit so far from this DSP is ZERO bleed to the mids. It's fantastic. Not sure why people will spend time talking USB connectors and not the DSP which in my opinions the star of the show

Edit: Also 2 db at 3KZ. This is amazing guys

Might have to look into expediting my Mojo 2 purchase... +18db 20Hz boost for my TH900 :sunglasses:

Feb 3, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #1,926 of 10,855
… I’m wondering if the poly’s main “issues” have an effect on airplay with iPhone? Or do the issues lay elsewhere? (I see on the forums that many people say the poly has major issues… And I’m just wondering if these issues pertain to listening via airplay? In other words, would my particular set up be affected by the issues?).
Mojo Poly can work seamlessly over airplay. Mine are superb. There’s been many issues with routers and the Gofigure app. The latter now stable. Hotspot out and about is also so simple. Enjoy 👍

Feb 3, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #1,927 of 10,855
In case anyone was following my earlier tirade about the EQ filters… Rob Watts has confirmed on another thread that the filters are, in fact, much more reasonable and well thought-out than they appear in Chord’s literature. He has actually shared the graphs with the EQ plots at the various settings. I think this is above and beyond and I’m impressed by the transparency. Luckily, in this case, it will help them sell more units. I couldn’t think of a better EQ implementation given 4 bands to suit a wide variety of headphones.

Post in thread 'Watts Up...?'
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/watts-up.800264/post-16797744

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #1,929 of 10,855
I’m looking forward to see what Mojo 2 DSP settings are being used for various headphones. Right now, I’m using the Roon DSP presets for my Audeze cans (eg. LCD-X). Roon only has DSP presets for the Audeze lineup. It would be good to know which Mojo 2 DSP settings work best for people using Roon who are listening to cans other than those of Audeze.

Feb 3, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #1,930 of 10,855
Great! Is it airplay 2?
Airplay 2 will stream to an airplay 1 device fine. Airplay 1 devices just can't be included in multiroom groups, which is not applicable with a Mojo 2. It would be more applicable to SONOs speakers throughout a house.

Feb 3, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #1,931 of 10,855
Another big selling point for me is Poly's excellent Roon endpoint capability. Really look forward to have it around the house as good old DAVE is stuck on the audio rack. EQ is not something I normally tinker with, but hey, there is always a first time.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #1,933 of 10,855
My experience has been different so far. I've just tried the Mojo 2 with an iPhone with a short USB-C/Lightning cable and I had no problems with interference.

Well i have like 5 totl dongles and all sound great with iPhone

Could you pls list the lightning dongles you are using? I am looking to get Fiio Lt-Lt1 but if there are other options with better shielding I could get those. Thanks

Feb 3, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #1,934 of 10,855
This thread is turning into a great one with impressions, opinions, internal photos and all. The soldered battery ought to be a subtle upgrade and will help justify the price of replacement years from now. Mojo 2 is selling out and pre orders are well into March from what I am seeing. Chord must be over the moon. Hope mine shows in the two weeks the dealer estimated. In the meantime I am considering Poly but have concerns... hope you guys keep posting on it. I did find a way to add balls to my Mojo 1 but it is not so portable. None the less five balls beat three and I anticipate six will beat four :)

Passing the waiting time:

MOJOAnniUtopia2 500.jpg

Feb 3, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #1,935 of 10,855
I mean luckily you an play around with it if you have an EQ program/plugin

The Q value for the 20hz and 20khz peak filters is 0.5 and the shelves are shelves… so no Q value? although, if it asks for one (as I think it does in roon) 0.71 should do the trick!

I reckon +3 to 6db in the lower treble and -4 to 8db in the upper treble will help to balance the majority of the darker Audezes out (although one could be more conservative and still get desirable results). Audezes also sound fantastic with a bass shelf. Of course, I need actually listen with the mojo 2 and make adjustments and can’t wait to do so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back