Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 3, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #1,936 of 11,005
1643897340166.png

does the battery connector seem soldered to the pcb?
Sorry, it didn't show clearly in the photo. It is a connector; a low profile, vertical-mating type like a snapbee:

1643907472964.png

Feb 3, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #1,937 of 11,005
I reckon +3 to 6db in the lower treble and -4 to 8db in the upper treble will help to balance the majority of the darker Audezes out
I can confirm that it does give a very pleasant ear gain. Tried it with both LCD-X and LCD-MX4 and sounds fantastic. My profile is 6db @ 20Hz sub bass boost and 5db shelf at 120Hz and 2 db @ 3KHz.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #1,939 of 11,005
Below are some photos (I just blanked out a couple of marks which I though could be used for identification) :
Now back together and listening to music again.

mojo 2 pcb.jpg

mojo 2 battery.jpg
Thank you!!!

Feb 3, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #1,940 of 11,005
My understanding is that the desktop mode isolates the battery and stops charging it when it is full. Can i assume then that the charging circuit drives the output stage and the battery is out of the equation? If so can i also assume that removing the battery altogether would achieve the same result; as in the charging circuit driving the output stage?

Feb 3, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #1,942 of 11,005
My understanding is that the desktop mode isolates the battery and stops charging it when it is full. Can i assume then that the charging circuit drives the output stage and the battery is out of the equation? If so can i also assume that removing the battery altogether would achieve the same result; as in the charging circuit driving the output stage?
I think we would need more detail from @Rob Watts on how the circuit works. If it checks the battery to see if it’s full, then bypasses the battery until the next power cycle, what would happen if there is no battery on the next power cycle? It may not irk at all. (No knowledge, just making up a scenario…)

Feb 3, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #1,943 of 11,005
My understanding is that the desktop mode isolates the battery and stops charging it when it is full.
I am not convinced on that yet. I left it off and connected overnight with the magenta light up. In the morning the mojo was slightly warm to the touch which indicates that something is going on even on desktop mode and when the mojo is off. Would like to know what

Feb 3, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #1,944 of 11,005
I am not convinced on that yet. I left it off and connected overnight with the magenta light up. In the morning the mojo was slightly warm to the touch which indicates that something is going on even on desktop mode and when the mojo is off. Would like to know what
The same thing happens with the OG Mojo, battery removed and powered off. As long as the 5V power source is connected to the USB port, the charging circuit is active and the unit feels slightly warm to the touch. I suspect the same thing is happening with the M2 once the battery if full/bypassed. I think the charging circuit is active but as @jarnopp suggested earlier, we need Rob Watts to confirm all this, including if it is possible to operate the M2 with the battery removed.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #1,946 of 11,005
DSP function is so intriguing that I’m actually considering to put my DAP for sale….and I have to admit I got my weakness for these marbles…The only problem is poly which goes for 600euros here and I read about many compatibility issues with it. Shouldn’t be the case for such an expensive streamer

Feb 3, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #1,947 of 11,005
DSP function is so intriguing that I’m actually considering to put my DAP for sale….and I have to admit I got my weakness for these marbles…The only problem is poly which goes for 600euros here and I read about many compatibility issues with it. Shouldn’t be the case for such an expensive streamer

I'm debating b/w Mojo 2 + Poly or one of the new Sony DAPS being released next week (the successors to the WM1A / WM1Z).

Feb 3, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #1,949 of 11,005
First impressions after listening to a few songs using Sennheiser Momentum 2 is that the Mojo 2 is definitely an improvement to my ears. Much more clarity, feels musical and almost relaxed to my ears, less warm for sure but I'm good with the trade off. Will see what the DSP can do over the weekend, I'm impressed, Mojo 1 will be going up for sale...among those considering a Poly now as well

Feb 3, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #1,950 of 11,005
I'm debating b/w Mojo 2 + Poly or one of the new Sony DAPS being released next week (the successors to the WM1A / WM1Z).
I expect new Sony Daps as the flagships will be a much higher costs than Mojo 2 and Poly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back