Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 3, 2022 at 6:45 AM Post #1,895 of 10,754
My experience has been different so far. I've just tried the Mojo 2 with an iPhone with a short USB-C/Lightning cable and I had no problems with interference.

Hi - which cables are you using for this? Is the lightening cable the apple CCK type thing which then allows a usb-a cable to connect. That’s what I’m currently using. It’s a bit unwieldy but to be fair, I’ve had no reliability issues with it at all and it’s near 5 years old now.

Feb 3, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #1,896 of 10,754
Hi Everyone! I'm of 2 minds to get either Chord2+Poly, or Hiby RS6. The former is well reviewed thus far, but the Hiby RS6 is packed with more features, newer specs including bluetooth and connectivity options, MQA unfolding and of course, its sound is also well reviewed too.

Any thoughts how the sound between the two would compare? Particularly those who had received their Mojo 2 and also has listening experiences with RS6.

Thanks!

Feb 3, 2022 at 6:55 AM Post #1,897 of 10,754
Hi Everyone! I'm of 2 minds to get either Chord2+Poly, or Hiby RS6. The former is well reviewed thus far, but the Hiby RS6 is packed with more features, newer specs including bluetooth and connectivity options, MQA unfolding and of course, its sound is also well reviewed too.

Any thoughts how the sound between the two would compare? Particularly those who had received their Mojo 2 and also has listening experiences with RS6.

Thanks!
The Mojo Poly combo will blow just about any dap away. Ive owned the KANN dap (£1100 dap) side by side with the og mojo and poly. The latter sounded so much better…I even demoed it against an ak380, a $2500 dap, and the mojopoly again, came out ahead.

The only DAP thats got close to mojo for me are the high end Sony ones (wm1z or wm1a with wm1z firmware, basically the same thing)

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 7:10 AM Post #1,898 of 10,754
Below are some photos (I just blanked out a couple of marks which I though could be used for identification) :
Now back together and listening to music again.

mojo 2 pcb.jpg

mojo 2 battery.jpg

Feb 3, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #1,904 of 10,754
Early days but I've added 6db @ 20Hz sub bass boost and 5db shelf at 120Hz with my HD6xx, LCD-X and LCD-MX4. That's it for me, this is a very very very serious DSP and for this feature it worth the upgrade from the Mojo 1 to Mojo 2.

Song Goldwing - Billie Eilish album Happier Than Ever.

Game over.

This. People are dismissing the DSP before they try it and its really, really good.

Feb 3, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #1,905 of 10,754
Below are some photos (I just blanked out a couple of marks which I though could be used for identification) :
Now back together and listening to music again.

mojo 2 pcb.jpg

mojo 2 battery.jpg
Interesting, not only the two tantal coupling capacitors are gone, as expected,
but also the two 330uF and 220uF for filtering.
I guess Rob Watts must have done some serious work on the power regulation.
Not only the coupling capacitors, but also the filtering capacitors have a lot of influence on the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back