Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 18, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #931 of 10,840
1642546243165.png

Me past several weeks :D

Jan 19, 2022 at 1:08 AM Post #933 of 10,840
Listening to my Chord Mojo (sans Poly, still mad/never going to forget) and I’m just enamoured with how it sounds especially with the Timeless from 7Hz. Wow.

I’m thinking of going back on my vow to never buy another Chord product and asking my local dealer to put me at the top of the list for the Chord Mojo2.

I cannot decide on a DAP and I think the reason is I am a DAC/AMP or dongle kinda guy. Keep my Sony NW-ZX507 as a source and keep the DAC/AMP stack. If I want a DAP it’s $3,000 with some old version of Android. Ugh.

Jan 19, 2022 at 6:38 AM Post #935 of 10,840
Why is balanced a better topology?
(In our case of headphone DAC/amps)
The reason for balanced topology is to try to mitigate noise being injected into the substrate of a Dac chips noise shaper ….it never quite works Additionally it adds complexity and several modes of distortion. Therefore if you switch externally the way Rob Watts topology is in our Chord Dacs it’s a far superior solution . Basically it’s better not to have to have a problem rather than to have to fix a problem.

Jan 19, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #936 of 10,840
Yet I only use the right side Mojo out now because the left side 3.5mm socket has failed and crackles constantly. That is one good reason for two outputs.
Mine did the same, it was not the socket that failed though in my case, it was the soldering of the socket to the board.

A quick application of 60/40 solder (less prone to fracture than this lead free stuff they have to use these days) and it worked perfectly again and is still working to this day.

Jan 19, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #937 of 10,840
Mine did the same, it was not the socket that failed though in my case, it was the soldering of the socket to the board.

A quick application of 60/40 solder (less prone to fracture than this lead free stuff they have to use these days) and it worked perfectly again and is still working to this day.
That is likely the culprit. If either the 2nd socket fails, or I don’t like Mojo2 :wink:, then I’ll open it up and try soldering.

Jan 20, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #941 of 10,840
I'm thinking about buying a Hugo 2, should I wait to see what the Mojo 2 has to offer?
Definitely wait. When Hugo 2 came out it was comparable (even better?) than the HugoTT and it was a while before TT2 was released.

Jan 21, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #942 of 10,840
The reason for balanced topology is to try to mitigate noise being injected into the substrate of a Dac chips noise shaper ….it never quite works Additionally it adds complexity and several modes of distortion. Therefore if you switch externally the way Rob Watts topology is in our Chord Dacs it’s a far superior solution . Basically it’s better not to have to have a problem rather than to have to fix a problem.
Hope you understand that a single-ended headphone out physically shorts the returning wires. I have seen a countless number of engineers who burn months or years trying to reduce electrostatic interference within the board itself - then care for nothing once the signal leaves the device like shorting two physical wires by using the outdated socket. In my opinion, regardless of the topology the SE headphone socket needs to be replaced with a balanced type - rather not shorting type.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #943 of 10,840
Hope you understand that a single-ended headphone out physically shorts the returning wires. I have seen a countless number of engineers who burn months or years trying to reduce electrostatic interference within the board itself - then care for nothing once the signal leaves the device like shortening the physical wires by using an outdated socket. In my opinion, regardless of the topology, the SE headphone socket needs to be replaced with a balanced type - rather not shortening type.
Did you just try to explain to Chord how a headphone socket “works,” as far as you understand it? That’s a bold move cotton.

Jan 21, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #945 of 10,840
Mmm that “m” button I’m wondering what is it for…

Moorbo? (A mojo turbo mode)
MONSTER MODE
MQA
MASTERMOJO
MODO MEJORADO (cause of course mojo now speaks Spanish)
MODE
METAL
MARCO (POLO)

Anyway… DAMN!!! Just give us the whole Spec and price sheet for gods sake…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back