Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 21, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #948 of 11,002
No way Rob would ever implement this crap into his dacs.
To be totally transparent for any 'researchers' exploring ideas for new products to buy - Rob is open to introducing MQA if it improves the sound experience for users, but he has posted several reasons why the lossy MQA codec reduces the sound experience. The probability of Mojo2 incorporating MQA is between zero and a microscopically small percentage.

Jan 21, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #949 of 11,002
To be totally transparent for any 'researchers' exploring ideas for new products to buy - Rob is open to introducing MQA if it improves the sound experience for users, but he has posted several reasons why the lossy MQA codec reduces the sound experience. The probability of Mojo2 incorporating MQA is between zero and a microscopically small percentage.
Mqa is not about improving SQ. Is about solving issues that doesn't exist in current world. And taking money of customers. Period.

Rob knows it, everybody knows it.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #950 of 11,002
Probability of Chord Mojo 2 incorporating MQA is slim to none and Slim just left town.

Jan 21, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #951 of 11,002
Mqa is not about improving SQ. Is about solving issues that doesn't exist in current world. And taking money of customers. Period.

Rob knows it, everybody knows it.
True, also true Rob makes a ton too and we all believe he knows something others don't, im yet to hear a Chord product that doesn't sound digital 😌

Jan 21, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #952 of 11,002
True, also true Rob makes a ton too and we all believe he knows something others don't, im yet to hear a Chord product that doesn't sound digital 😌

0f3ac86c8ed8675039538fe6b6b87859.gif

Jan 21, 2022 at 11:36 PM Post #953 of 11,002
Did you just try to explain to Chord how a headphone socket “works,” as far as you understand it? That’s a bold move cotton.
I used to have a national certification on testing the electrical and optical transmission of the backbone of the internet. Not sure anyone at Chord has it. Otherwise, they will never short two wires no-matter-what, cotton. :wink:

Jan 22, 2022 at 2:13 AM Post #956 of 11,002
I'm secretly hoping that this is actually a Hugo 3 as I'll need a semi portable desktop amp :)
Mojo2 may be the Hugo 3 that you are looking for

Jan 22, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #957 of 11,002
M for "Mini M-Scaler" :fingers_crossed:

One can be hopeful...
Every Chord DAC, including the Mojo, has a mini scaler. They all run the WTA filter to scale PCM to 705.6/768K. The number of taps is limited to what is practical for the device, with the M-Scaler having the most powerful processor so it can get to a million taps.

I occasionally listen to music scaled to millions of taps on my Poly/Mojo as I scale it offline first using PGGB. Mind-blowingly good, but not practical because of how large the files are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back