Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Apr 24, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #10,442 of 10,527
I'm very impressed by the quality of the Mojo 2 feeding into the Pietus Maximus. FAR outperforms the Cayin N6ii with E01 module, which is a Pro Sabre chip and Class A amp, that I was using as a source before. Absolutely fantastic sound. So clean, so dynamic. The perfect source for a warm amp like this.

Apr 24, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #10,443 of 10,527
Agree.
It's great to have the possibility to squeeze out a bit more fun out of my rather neutral SEM5.
It's a fantastic headphone to look into the mix, but with an addition of 6db to the bottom the fun is catchy as hell.
Paired with the R28, you'll have even more fun driving whatever is plugged in.

Some many options to play with, beside the lovely sound signature of the Mojo(2).

Apr 25, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #10,444 of 10,527
Hi, I can buy the mojo mk1 for 160€ and mk2 for 360€, both second hand obviously, do this last worth the extra? I ll use it with sennheiser hd600, grado rs2x and denon ah d2000, thanks in advance for the help

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 8:32 AM Post #10,445 of 10,527
Hi, I can buy the mojo mk1 for 160€ and mk2 for 360€, both second hand obviously, do this last worth the extra? I ll use it with sennheiser hd600, grado rs2x and denon ah d2000, thanks in advance for the help

Mojo2 is worth the extra without hesitation.

I use it with the Grado RS2x with great results. You can dial up the Bass EQ in the Mojo2 to get some pretty satisfying thump from the Grados.

Apr 25, 2024 at 8:37 PM Post #10,449 of 10,527
Hi,
Do you think that the Focal elegia is a good match with the Mojo 2? I can buy the combo, new, for 750€ here, in France. I've heard mixed feelings about the Focal, like "lifeless", "cold", "no bass", ... at 250€, it could be a bargain, but not if I don't use it. I know that this headphone is heavily discounted these days, maybe for a reason... I heard good thing about the Celestee (can have them for 450€, refurbished)
What are the best combos you experienced, or famous amongst users, with closed-back, open back and IEM with Mojo 2?
I had the Mojo 1 + Poly years ago but end up selling them. Only Mojo 2 for me this time I think.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #10,450 of 10,527
Hi,
Do you think that the Focal elegia is a good match with the Mojo 2? I can buy the combo, new, for 750€ here, in France. I've heard mixed feelings about the Focal, like "lifeless", "cold", "no bass", ... at 250€, it could be a bargain, but not if I don't use it. I know that this headphone is heavily discounted these days, maybe for a reason... I heard good thing about the Celestee (can have them for 450€, refurbished)
What are the best combos you experienced, or famous amongst users, with closed-back, open back and IEM with Mojo 2?
I had the Mojo 1 + Poly years ago but end up selling them. Only Mojo 2 for me this time I think.
I use an Elegia with Mojo 2. I definitely wouldn't call the Elegia "lifeless" or "cold." On the contrary, they're a very strong "flavor" of headphone, which is likely why they are now discontinued and sold at a heavy discount. It's not a tuning that everyone loves, especially in a closed back. It's basically an "inverted-v" tuning that emphasizes the midrange above all else. Nevertheless, they still have Focal's characteristic dynamics and punchy bass. They also respond to EQ well (I give them a wide, mild bump in the 3k-4kHz region). But, again, they're not a headphone for everyone.

Apr 26, 2024 at 4:41 AM Post #10,451 of 10,527
I use an Elegia with Mojo 2. I definitely wouldn't call the Elegia "lifeless" or "cold." On the contrary, they're a very strong "flavor" of headphone, which is likely why they are now discontinued and sold at a heavy discount. It's not a tuning that everyone loves, especially in a closed back. It's basically an "inverted-v" tuning that emphasizes the midrange above all else. Nevertheless, they still have Focal's characteristic dynamics and punchy bass. They also respond to EQ well (I give them a wide, mild bump in the 3k-4kHz region). But, again, they're not a headphone for everyone.
Thanks. I need to try it first. I love the sound of my HD25 (maybe because I'm accustomed to it, using it for many years for djing) and I'd like to find something like that, with a bigger soundstage. I love dynamic, sharp sounding, micro details. I don't want to enter in a never ending headphone quest too

Apr 26, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #10,452 of 10,527
Thanks. I need to try it first. I love the sound of my HD25 (maybe because I'm accustomed to it, using it for many years for djing) and I'd like to find something like that, with a bigger soundstage. I love dynamic, sharp sounding, micro details. I don't want to enter in a never ending headphone quest too
The Elegia will give you dynamics, but it's not the headphone for a sharp profile or microdetails.

Apr 27, 2024 at 1:36 AM Post #10,453 of 10,527
You could try these, to reform usb to optical, it's a good piece to have. For PC, laptop and cellphone -->optical --> mojo
And compare that with strict usb.

https://doukaudio.com/products/douk...al-converter-xmos-xu208-digital-interface-dsd
Just a qualifier to this - it doesn't work well with cellphone, which does not provide enough power to the DDC. For that you would need the U2 Pro, which has its own power supply. The U2 is good though for PC and laptop, and some tablets.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:43 AM Post #10,455 of 10,527
I suppose a Dragonfly DAC/amp's and alikes (when connected directly to cell phone with a OTG cable USB C male --> USB A female) also needs a fair amount of power trough the USB audio port, at least the power to drive a standard headphone instead of just IEM's.
Might impact bass slam though...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back