Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 28, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #10,231 of 10,458
Mar 28, 2024 at 6:41 PM Post #10,232 of 10,458
Forgive me for stupid question, but what are the interconnect upgrades you mention?
I use an AudioQuest Carbon USB cable from my isolator to the Mojo, as well as an AudioQuest Evergreen 3.5mm-to-RCA cable from the Mojo to my amp. Each was an audible improvement over their generic equivalent. The mini-to-RCA cable in particular made a notable improvement to sound quality. I got both cables pretty cheap (used), and for my setup I don't feel the need to go much deeper down the interconnect rabbit hole. I'd rather use that money for headphones where the benefits are much more audible. I also tried using a higher quality USB cable between my PC and my isolator, but it made no audible difference compared to a generic cable, so I just use a generic USB cable for that stretch. YMMV.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #10,233 of 10,458
But someone insisting, just for discussion sake 😂 sorry, that desktop mode takes 24 hours to initiate because some other Chord device does only serves to confuse people. The manual doesn’t mention 24 hours so why would one think 24 hours had anything to do with the desktop mode function ?
Regarding Desktop mode, if the device is connected to a charger for 24 hours, it would bypass the battery, and work off the charger supply. This is now possible, because Mojo2 has better "smart" power management, controlled by the FPGA.

No, it goes to desktop mode after 24 hours. It sounds like you are just in normal charge mode.

It takes about 5 minutes to switch into desktop mode. Where are people getting 24 hours?

@Rob Watts there is a lot of misinformation about the Mojo2's Intelligent Desktop Mode , needing 24 hours or not.

You can see examples quoted above.

Can you please clarify the time required for Desktop Mode to initiate

Mar 28, 2024 at 11:01 PM Post #10,234 of 10,458
Dear head-fiers, anyone had an issue with android phone refusing to USB host mojo chord 2? Pixel 7pro, short micro usb otg cable (sold w Mojo; but with Hama usb host usb-c adapter), keeps getting the "couldn't switch" as i try to make the phone host. UAPP works, it does recognise the Chord. But android doesn't, so i can't use any other apps. Tried uninstalling UAPP, didn't help. Tried many different cables, no dice
Any thoughts? 🙏🙏🙏

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 1:35 AM Post #10,235 of 10,458
Dear head-fiers, anyone had an issue with android phone refusing to USB host mojo chord 2? Pixel 7pro, short micro usb otg cable (sold w Mojo; but with Hama usb host usb-c adapter), keeps getting the "couldn't switch" as i try to make the phone host. UAPP works, it does recognise the Chord. But android doesn't, so i can't use any other apps. Tried uninstalling UAPP, didn't help. Tried many different cables, no dice
Any thoughts? 🙏🙏🙏
I use mojo 2 regularly with my pixel 7 pro, but with a short usb c cable. No issues with UAPP or Neutron player with exclusive mode or other streaming apps. Using the stock cable with phone is a hassle as it requires an additional usb a to c adapter.

Mar 29, 2024 at 2:04 AM Post #10,236 of 10,458
Looks interesting.
Does the cable come with the 2 extra adapters as shown in the picture? Thanks.
1000006459.jpg

Mar 29, 2024 at 2:56 AM Post #10,237 of 10,458
@Rob Watts there is a lot of misinformation about the Mojo2's Intelligent Desktop Mode , needing 24 hours or not.

You can see examples quoted above.

Can you please clarify the time required for Desktop Mode to initiate
Ever since I changed the cable for a fast one from Garmin, my Mojo enters desktop mode much faster. It definately doesn't take 24 hours.

Does anybody know what kindof cable is needed for Iphone 14 pro to connect to Mojo? Thanks

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:21 AM Post #10,238 of 10,458
Looks interesting.
1000006459.jpg
No, these are the configuration options

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:39 AM Post #10,239 of 10,458
Looks interesting.
Don't waste your money, still if you have it to burn why not I suppose. Spending half the price of any DAC on a cable is bonkers.

£4,000 USB cable for a Chord Dave anyone, there is one available so I suppose people must buy them?

Nordost Valhalla 2 Type A to Type B USB. Buy the 11m one and go all in for 11K, 1K per metre. Will everyone notice a difference though, of course they will, if only to their bank balance.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 4:18 AM Post #10,240 of 10,458
Don't waste your money, still if you have it to burn why not I suppose. Spending half the price of any DAC on a cable is bonkers.

£4,000 USB cable for a Chord Dave anyone, there is one available so I suppose people must buy them?

Nordost Valhalla 2 Type A to Type B USB. Buy the 11m one and go all in for 11K, 1K per metre. Will everyone notice a difference though, of course they will, if only to their bank balance.
I read you no problem.
But I can spend on nicely crafted stuff and 300 is still in my ballpark for a cute cable. Eye candy may cost, take woman for example 😉

Mar 29, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #10,241 of 10,458
Everytime you disconnect the power, it takes a bit time for it to go back to desktop mode. Ya, something like 30mins. It's the design, not about battery losing power.

I read you no problem.
But I can spend on nicely crafted stuff and 300 is still in my ballpark for a cute cable. Eye candy may cost, take woman for example 😉
It also seems to lack the convenience of having a right angle USB-C options like the iFi 90 Degree USB-C offers.

Mar 29, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #10,243 of 10,458
I'm very curious folks, what are your thoughts on products like that?

https://the-ear.net/review-hardware/powerhaus-m6-raises-the-sound-barrier/
Actual sonic benefits probably overstated.

I'm sure it will help clean up dirty power from AC sources. You can accomplish this for probably cheaper. YMMV.

I'm not a big power cable makes substantial sound improvement person. If the power cable is well built and shielded (like hospital grade IEC cables). I'm also unwilling to spend thousands on a fancy power strip when there are other options (like the Panamax 5300M) that are less than $600.

Mar 29, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #10,244 of 10,458

Users who are viewing this thread

Back