Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Aug 1, 2022 at 5:52 AM Post #5,116 of 10,543
Yes, Mojo 2 supports fast charging. But for prolonged battery life, it is recommended to use slow charging whenever feasible.
@dsrk is correct about Mojo2 fast charging.
However, beware that what Chord refers to as Fast Charging is not the same as what phone manufacturers mean by fast charging.
For a phone, fast charging means, in conjunction with an appropriate Fast-Charger that is smart, and has multiple output voltages, the phone can Ask the fast-charger to switch its voltage to 9V or more, to engage fast charging on the phone.
In Chord's case it is not so! Chord requires 5V all the time, 9V would damage it - However chargers can have 1A or 2A or more output. Chord devices try to pull 2A from the charger in order to go to fast-charge mode, if the charger can not handle it, i.e. the 5V rail drops voltage, then Chord devices switch to standard charge current of 1A.
Bottom line, one needs a genuine 2A or more standard charger for Chord, and not what is typically referred to as a Fast-charger.

Aug 1, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #5,119 of 10,543
Hello guys,

1st post.

Mojo 2 is on the way, hope to get my hands on it this week.

Neumann ND20 are my headphones, due to working in a loud Factory, I picked closed back with most isolation that will not make my ears bleed after 8 hours of listening to music and podcasts, and if they get scratched a bit its ok, these are tools used in my trade.

My simple mobile setup is :

LD West Leather Holsters (https://www.ldwest.com/)
There is an option to buy Dual Phone Pouches (https://www.ldwest.com/collections/holster-parts/products/v2-dual-phone-pouches)
Keeping it secure, happy, little to no movement inside, and cable/phone jacks wont experience violent angled tugs.
wont have any option to interact with the device, does not matter, just press play and let the playlist roll.

Right side : iPhone 13 ProMax MFI USB-C <> Lightning cable 1.2m

I'll only have to reach inside, with left arm, to get the iPhone out, to interact.
With muscle memory, its going to be faster than digging out your phone from the pocket and back.

Left side : Mojo 2 w. leather case. inside the leather Holster.

Top side : Neumann ND20 closed back
Due to working in a loud Factory, -34db isolation.
Shorter headphone cable from LD West left holster to headphone, with head tilt and rotation slack, maybe 30cm long (chest to ears length).
Mojo 2 headphone jacks will point upwards
USB-C <> Lightning down
iPhone will go into right holster, head 1st, so the bottom sticks out, forming a slack bridge from Mojo 2 <> iPhone

Quality thick cotton t-shirt, covering the naked torso.

LD West Holster over the t-shirt, with Mojo2, iPhone 13ProMax and cables routing.

Quality thick long sleeve jumper, over all of the gear.

>>Conceal Carry Mobile HiFi :o2smile:

Do you have experience with Neumann ND20 + Mojo2 setup ?

I hope the warm musical nature of the Mojo will, make the Neuman's smile.

How does the EQ work making them a little bit more warm and musical, thinking bit of a V-shape, curve ?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #5,120 of 10,543
Haven't been able to find anything about this anywhere else on the net, but these claims of "lossless" DSP have piqued my interest...

I'm a novice when it comes to DSP, but since any EQ move - even in the analogue domain - will introduce phase shifts, how can the Mojo 2 circumvent this? Is it using some kind of very low-latency linear-phase EQ? Or does the "lossless" part simply imply that all operations are being oversampled @ 16x (705kHz), leading to barely any aliasing/artifacts?

Would love to read more about this, it seems like a very revolutionary invention!

Aug 1, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #5,121 of 10,543
Haven't been able to find anything about this anywhere else on the net, but these claims of "lossless" DSP have piqued my interest...

I'm a novice when it comes to DSP, but since any EQ move - even in the analogue domain - will introduce phase shifts, how can the Mojo 2 circumvent this? Is it using some kind of very low-latency linear-phase EQ? Or does the "lossless" part simply imply that all operations are being oversampled @ 16x (705kHz), leading to barely any aliasing/artifacts?

Would love to read more about this, it seems like a very revolutionary invention!

Have a look at this lecture by the developer.

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #5,122 of 10,543
Mojo2Poly case is ready!
I have to say I really like it! The shape fits the Mojo 2 perfectly, looks great and allows for some cooling.
And I love how the gold color contrasts the black aluminum :ksc75smile:

Files uploaded on Cults3D chord-mojo2poly-case

63927545-E4D1-4966-9DA2-1B5C06D7154A.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #5,123 of 10,543
Mojo2Poly case is ready!
I have to say I really like it! The shape fits the Mojo 2 perfectly, looks great and allows for some cooling.
And I love how the gold color contrasts the black aluminum :ksc75smile:

63927545-E4D1-4966-9DA2-1B5C06D7154A.jpeg
I like it! More pictures please, from different angles.
What sets this cover apart from others, is the fact that Mojo2 can breathe! it is not cooked up inside, can dissipate its heat!
Generally I am against putting any device that heats up inside a cover, but This works!
Good job.

Aug 2, 2022 at 6:43 AM Post #5,124 of 10,543
I like it! More pictures please, from different angles.
What sets this cover apart from others, is the fact that Mojo2 can breathe! it is not cooked up inside, can dissipate its heat!
Generally I am against putting any device that heats up inside a cover, but This works!
Good job.
Files uploaded on Cults3D chord-mojo2poly-case

B609E670-EBE5-41B7-AA6F-AF336F5A94A2.jpeg
C0A0C992-876B-4F79-8E3D-21923D0A255D.jpegB59C98D1-F9C2-4D24-803A-9E5C3AC242DB.jpegAC4ED961-F3D9-4FDB-BAD8-54D19B3AB490.jpeg5DBE3EAD-398A-45FF-BFFA-5AE828FE76F3.jpeg520FD15D-E80C-460C-9A7C-783EBBB619D5.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #5,125 of 10,543
Hello guys,

1st post.

Mojo 2 is on the way, hope to get my hands on it this week.

Neumann ND20 are my headphones, due to working in a loud Factory, I picked closed back with most isolation that will not make my ears bleed after 8 hours of listening to music and podcasts, and if they get scratched a bit its ok, these are tools used in my trade.

My simple mobile setup is :

LD West Leather Holsters (https://www.ldwest.com/)
There is an option to buy Dual Phone Pouches (https://www.ldwest.com/collections/holster-parts/products/v2-dual-phone-pouches)
Keeping it secure, happy, little to no movement inside, and cable/phone jacks wont experience violent angled tugs.
wont have any option to interact with the device, does not matter, just press play and let the playlist roll.

Right side : iPhone 13 ProMax MFI USB-C <> Lightning cable 1.2m

I'll only have to reach inside, with left arm, to get the iPhone out, to interact.
With muscle memory, its going to be faster than digging out your phone from the pocket and back.

Left side : Mojo 2 w. leather case. inside the leather Holster.

Top side : Neumann ND20 closed back
Due to working in a loud Factory, -34db isolation.
Shorter headphone cable from LD West left holster to headphone, with head tilt and rotation slack, maybe 30cm long (chest to ears length).
Mojo 2 headphone jacks will point upwards
USB-C <> Lightning down
iPhone will go into right holster, head 1st, so the bottom sticks out, forming a slack bridge from Mojo 2 <> iPhone

Quality thick cotton t-shirt, covering the naked torso.

LD West Holster over the t-shirt, with Mojo2, iPhone 13ProMax and cables routing.

Quality thick long sleeve jumper, over all of the gear.

>>Conceal Carry Mobile HiFi :o2smile:

Do you have experience with Neumann ND20 + Mojo2 setup ?

I hope the warm musical nature of the Mojo will, make the Neuman's smile.

How does the EQ work making them a little bit more warm and musical, thinking bit of a V-shape, curve ?

Thank you.
The EQ is simple to use once you get the hang of it, and offers a decent amount of flexibility in terms of tuning the sound to your preferences. Best thing would be to experiment with the 4 bands and the crossfeed until you hit a combination that satisfies. I think the DSP in the Mojo2 is well implemented and a key feature that makes it stand out from the previous model and the competition (to some degree).

Aug 2, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #5,127 of 10,543
If the case is made from PLA, beware of deformations due to the heat of the device (PLA glass transition temperature is around 60°C).

Aug 2, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #5,128 of 10,543

Have a look at this lecture by the developer.

Thank you! Great explanation. This is boundary pushing stuff. Rob Watts - you're one of a kind. Keep pushing the envelope.

If I understand this correctly, then "lossless" in Chord's usage simply means that two opposite EQ moves (i.e. +6dB 120Hz -> -6dB 120Hz) will null perfectly down to -301dB. Phase alteration of the signal still happens around the frequency of the EQ band - anything else would mess with the laws of physics, as I suspected.

Still mind-blowing stuff.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #5,130 of 10,543
Nice job! how to insert both Poly and Mojo?
Secondly which one have better sound, usb in from any device or Poly?
Thanks!
You insert in the Mojo2Poly from below into the top part (yellow in the rendering) and close the case with the base plate (green) that snaps into place.
Yes, the SQ with Poly is a little better than with other USB sources IMO. Playing files stored on the SD card is even better IMO.

If the case is made from PLA, beware of deformations due to the heat of the device (PLA glass transition temperature is around 60°C).
Thanks, I am aware of these limitations. I used PETG for my cases in the past, but this one is indeed made from PLA. Mojo2Poly stays really cool and I will always protect it from exposure to heat, so it should not be any issue. And in the worst case I'd just print a new case :L3000:

EDIT: Files uploaded on Cults3D chord-mojo2poly-case

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back