Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jul 29, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #5,101 of 10,572
Sounds like a good move, the cross feed also is a feature that really interests me. The only thing putting me off the Hugo 2 is if it can be serviced and have batteries replaced. £2500 is a lot for something if I can’t have it repaired or batteries replaced. I’ve emailed Chord today to get advice on the servicing.
Cheers
Kev
You can buy the batteries and DIY replace or send the unit in for the work to be done if you are not confident with screwdrivers. Hugo 2 is available for under £2000. Given the choice of Hugo 2 or Mojo 2, I owned both but kept the Hugo 2. Mojo 2 is very, very good, but IMO, highly resolving headphones show the Hugo 2 to be a sizeable step up in resolution of texture and detail.

Jul 29, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #5,102 of 10,572
I concur.
Mojo2 has great value for money.
But, a mint used Hugo2 @ £1000 from eBay has the same value for money.
Mojo2 is trying to be a Hugo2 !
If you don't need the DSP and low gain feature of Mojo2, for sound quality, try to stretch to a used Hugo2 .
Hugo2 is also larger!

Jul 29, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #5,103 of 10,572
Agreed, for size and cost the MJ2 is phenomenal. It’s my travel setup and I don’t feel I’m missing anything. I can be anywhere and have the kind of hifi that soothes my soul. I also use it around the house.

Jul 30, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #5,104 of 10,572
You can buy the batteries and DIY replace or send the unit in for the work to be done if you are not confident with screwdrivers. Hugo 2 is available for under £2000. Given the choice of Hugo 2 or Mojo 2, I owned both but kept the Hugo 2. Mojo 2 is very, very good, but IMO, highly resolving headphones show the Hugo 2 to be a sizeable step up in resolution of texture and detail.
I still have both the Hugo2Go and Mojo2Poly.
I had somehow half expected that I would sell the Hugo, but like Chris I hear more resolution and texture, bigger stage and more focused imaging with the Hugo 2. The music is also more dynamic and energetic.
Certainly these differences are bigger with my best IEM and headphones (Sony IER-M9 and Focal Clear) but still very relevant with lesser transducers.
Considering the prices for a used Hugo2 I think it’s great value too.

Jul 30, 2022 at 8:35 PM Post #5,105 of 10,572
Does anyone know how to get the Russian RT / Russia Today radio on poly.

if someone knows how to find the link so that I can hear the bull schiit that is being fed to normal russians, since europe does not broadcast RT anymore, since it’s been bannzored by the admins at sky q.

Jul 31, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #5,106 of 10,572
Does anyone know how to get the Russian RT / Russia Today radio on poly.

if someone knows how to find the link so that I can hear the bull schiit that is being fed to normal russians, since europe does not broadcast RT anymore, since it’s been bannzored by the admins at sky q.
Perfect point, free journalism should include free lies, I’m fine with adding a banner or warning information but the free world should allow any information.

Jul 31, 2022 at 8:05 AM Post #5,107 of 10,572
Just want to check in for Mojo2 appreciation. It's alright for portable setup hd800s :L3000:

IMG_3430_res.jpg

Jul 31, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #5,109 of 10,572
Perfect point, free journalism should include free lies, I’m fine with adding a banner or warning information but the free world should allow any information.

I’m just wondering on what Russia/Putin is telling brainwashed subjects everyday, it reminds me of that dude in Iraq was telling the world that Baghdad was not being bombed, just as cruise missiles flew past him and the next thing we heard was Boooooom headshot.

Just want to check in for Mojo2 appreciation. It's alright for portable setup hd800s :L3000:

IMG_3430_res.jpg

Cool pic dude, my H800S have been abused and thrown about, and no longer look like a pair of HD800S. I need a new pair of can’s to be honest but I can’t afford them. Also, I was wanting to buy mojo 2, but I can’t afford either. Since january of this year, I haven’t got anything to look forward to and My health is getting worse, hence why I haven’t been on the forums and more or less not posting.

Saying that, I do have my O.G mojo & poly which is good enough for me.

Jul 31, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #5,110 of 10,572
I’m just wondering on what Russia/Putin is telling brainwashed subjects everyday, it reminds me of that dude in Iraq was telling the world that Baghdad was not being bombed, just as cruise missiles flew past him and the next thing we heard was Boooooom headshot.

Cool pic dude, my H800S have been abused and thrown about, and no longer look like a pair of HD800S. I need a new pair of can’s to be honest but I can’t afford them. Also, I was wanting to buy mojo 2, but I can’t afford either. Since january of this year, I haven’t got anything to look forward to and My health is getting worse, hence why I haven’t been on the forums and more or less not posting.

Saying that, I do have my O.G mojo & poly which is good enough for me.
Hi Steve, I noticed that you weren't posting much. PM me and we can catch up.

Jul 31, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #5,111 of 10,572
Hi Steve, I noticed that you weren't posting much. PM me and we can catch up.

Hi Mike, my Chinese take out is nearly here, I will message you when I have finished, it shouldn’t take long, but it’s good to see that you are still here :wink:

Jul 31, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #5,112 of 10,572
I have both the Mojo 1 and the Mojo 2. As a long time owner of the Mojo 1 I feel qualified to chime in. I've also been inside the Mojo 1 and personally modded it (the stock capacitors were hissing), so I replaced them with some vintage black gates which improved things quite a bit. Mod aside, I'm going to avoid controversey and say much of the improvement could likely be due actually having bad capacitors). The black gates do measure well. Would they sound better than a in spec SMD cap... who knows?

The Mojo 2 is better in every way; it has more fidelity and finesse in the high frequency range and has a cleaner mid bass; also the desktop mode fixes the battery issue with the Mojo 1. I also find the cross feed function very handy for my CIEM Ultimate Ears. EQ is handy, but not something I really need (I try to avoid colored gear - or make mods to fix them). Is the Mojo 2 a earth shattering upgrade over the stunningly good Mojo 1? No. The Mojo 2 however a very meaningful upgrade, and I expect it to last a long time. I appreciate the well made design of the case, and that real time was taken to design the DAC and not just take a reference design from ESS or AKM. Having studied these, its surprising how little design goes into some DACs. I applaud the Chord folks for really engineering something!

In portable terms, I also have the very excellent L&P W2, and I felt (with the latest firmware) it was better than the Mojo 1, but that the Mojo 2 is better.

Jul 31, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #5,113 of 10,572
I also have the very excellent L&P W2, and I felt (with the latest firmware) it was better than the Mojo 1
Enormous statement.

Aug 1, 2022 at 1:13 AM Post #5,114 of 10,572
Hi All,
Is it ok to use 20-25W fast charger to charger Mojo 2 and/or Poly?
I tried once and the light on Mojo turns white on charging -maximum charging I suppose-. But I still wonder if its ok for prolonged use with fast charger.
Thanks before, Happy listening to all :o2smile:

Aug 1, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #5,115 of 10,572
Hi All,
Is it ok to use 20-25W fast charger to charger Mojo 2 and/or Poly?
I tried once and the light on Mojo turns white on charging -maximum charging I suppose-. But I still wonder if its ok for prolonged use with fast charger.
Thanks before, Happy listening to all :o2smile:
Yes, Mojo 2 supports fast charging. But for prolonged battery life, it is recommended to use slow charging whenever feasible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back