Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Aug 6, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #5,146 of 10,488
With every digital devices, you have to install a driver, so windows can 'talk' to the new device.
it's plug and play on the Macintosh OS.
Windows is spaghetti, you need sauce to bind the mess on your fork.
On Windows 10, without any drivers, plugging a Chord DAC into a USB is enough! Don't really need the ASIO driver, just tell your player to use Chord DAC on WASAPI, done finished!
But the ASIO has additional benefits like buffers and DOP, but it is not a necessity.
You see with Windows, you can have options if you want to - With Mac, it decides for you, and gives you no options, tweaking it is possible, but would be hard.
So your food can easily benefit from Sauces or not ! It is not a pre-decided food-tray with no options, like aeroplane food.
But the Windows vs Mac is a very old and long long discussion, for another day.

Aug 6, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #5,147 of 10,488
IMG_0471.JPG

Aug 6, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #5,149 of 10,488
BT is absolutely fine if I want to use streaming services. I want to have just 1 devices that does it all, instead of having many for different purposes.

Just buy the Apple AirPods Max, trust me.

My Apple AirPods Max sounds better than the AFC 2 Noire + 2Go + Hugo 2 when bluetooth is used.

I don’t know how you can screw up bluetooth this bad, but Chord managed to do it.

I believe there have been a few firmware updates since then, but I highly doubt Chord fixed the bluetooth sound quality.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #5,150 of 10,488
When charging the Poly alone, using 2A charges head - it shows solid White color, what is the sign of fully charged? and how many hours needed?
When the light goes out. Many hours:p

Aug 6, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #5,152 of 10,488
Hi, first-time Chord user; owner of a new Mojo 2 (just unwrapped it and charging it up to full before listening). I’ve read the complete thread and don’t recall any USB users mentioning if they like the micro-USB connection better than the new USB-C port. Any thoughts? I have great cables for either connection, just wondering if sound quality was noticed different between the two.

Cheers
Gus

Aug 6, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #5,153 of 10,488
Hi, first-time Chord user; owner of a new Mojo 2 (just unwrapped it and charging it up to full before listening). I’ve read the complete thread and don’t recall any USB users mentioning if they like the micro-USB connection better than the new USB-C port. Any thoughts? I have great cables for either connection, just wondering if sound quality was noticed different between the two.

Cheers
Gus
USB C is a more robust connection. Other than that they are identical

Aug 6, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #5,154 of 10,488

Cheers
Gus
Go optical if you can, it will sound better, only if you have a very good USB transport you may come close to it.

Aug 6, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #5,155 of 10,488
Just got my Mojo2 to day.

Had bought an MFi Lightning to USB-C cable, took a risk, it stated on the box.

Come home, hook the mojo2 to a standard 5v dirty USB charger, get a red light, means, needs more juice, just wanted to see the red light.

Hook Mojo2 up to a quality USB-C and USB-A charger that can give near 3 amps juice, mojo is at red blinking status, meaning the battery is near dead.

takes about 4 hours or less, to get it up to blue light, meaning near or fully charged, the little led next to micro-usb charger socket.

Long story short, have it all setup.

iPhone 13 ProMax, new lightning to USB-C MFi cable, Mojo2 <> Neumann ND20 headphones.

and.........

Does not work, the iBone does not register the Mojo2, just a case of, computer say's NO.

Do we have a list of 2022 Lighting to USB-C cables that work with the mojo2 ?

Did read Audioquest made cables that work ?

My secret sauce has failed, but just installed the drivers and did play a bit with Tidal via USB-C to USB-C

I just can't and wont get that horrible 'camera-dongle-mess-adaptor'

also, just have the HiFi on Tidal, but only got red light on the power button, meaning was getting rather or lowest sound quality, will have to investigate better tomorrow, been a long day, only did mess about with the gismo for an hour or so.

Aug 6, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #5,156 of 10,488

This DDhifi lightning to usb C audio cable here should work fine with mojo 2, ddhifi also has a Lightning to usb C audio cable that also powers dongles but should still work with mojo 2 , I’ve been waiting so long for that second DDhifi cable to be in stock in the uk that I ended up buying a poly, haven’t regretted it one bit.

I dunno if Audioquest do a suitable cable, personally I wouldn’t buy one from them if they did.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #5,158 of 10,488
This DDhifi lightning to usb C audio cable here should work fine with mojo 2, ddhifi also has a Lightning to usb C audio cable that also powers dongles but should still work with mojo 2 , I’ve been waiting so long for that second DDhifi cable to be in stock in the uk that I ended up buying a poly, haven’t regretted it one bit.

I dunno if Audioquest do a suitable cable, personally I wouldn’t buy one from them if they did.

txn m8,

have been looking at the DDhifi for a while, the lightning adaptor, with dual, USB-C out, data and power.

Aug 7, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #5,159 of 10,488
Just got my Mojo2 to day.

Had bought an MFi Lightning to USB-C cable, took a risk, it stated on the box.

Come home, hook the mojo2 to a standard 5v dirty USB charger, get a red light, means, needs more juice, just wanted to see the red light.

Hook Mojo2 up to a quality USB-C and USB-A charger that can give near 3 amps juice, mojo is at red blinking status, meaning the battery is near dead.

takes about 4 hours or less, to get it up to blue light, meaning near or fully charged, the little led next to micro-usb charger socket.

Long story short, have it all setup.

iPhone 13 ProMax, new lightning to USB-C MFi cable, Mojo2 <> Neumann ND20 headphones.

and.........

Does not work, the iBone does not register the Mojo2, just a case of, computer say's NO.

My secret sauce has failed, but just installed the drivers and did play a bit with Tidal via USB-C to USB-C

I just can't and wont get that horrible 'camera-dongle-mess-adaptor'

also, just have the HiFi on Tidal, but only got red light on the power button, meaning was getting rather or lowest sound quality, will have to investigate better tomorrow, been a long day, only did mess about with the gismo for an hour or so.
As long as the sample rate indicator is the same as Mojo, red light means 44.1 kHz, eg. Redbook.
Guess you're fine with just Hifi on Tidal. :)

Aug 7, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #5,160 of 10,488
I've been using the Cayin CS-L2C for a while now and it hasn't failed me so far.

Hey, had ordered the R2R Cayin R2R dac, with the bonus, getting the lightning cable from Cayin.

but,

Jumped on the Mojo2, due to having its own battery, and not draining the phone.

The legendary unicorn cabled-tale, I'm chasing after, has/is :

One meter long [ iPhone and Mojo2 conceal carry LD West holsters ]

Magnetic [ Lighting male and USB male left secure in both devices]

Lightning to USB-C [ One day, iBone will have USB-C ]

90 degree [LD West conceal carry holsters, mobile, moving setup at work]

Power and Data One Unicorn to Rule Them All.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back