Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jul 11, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #4,996 of 11,001
So what type of cable do you use after the adapter? Would a regular USB-C work? The new iPad Mini with USB-C works with the M2 and an apple USB-C, but I need more portability.

Part of me wonders if this is just cable and or hardware lottery, several other users report success. @HTML @againa how are your LT-LT1cables? No noise?

Yes just a normal USB-C cable C to C in your case. ddHiFi TC05 is very nice and comes in two lengths and straight or L connectors, I use a longer straight one for iFi Gryphon desktop but for portable the short ones might be better for you.

I don’t have that Fiio cable, I no longer have any Fiio cables. After early bad experiences with Fiio cables simply not working with other devices outside of their own I don’t even look at them now.

Jul 11, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #4,997 of 11,001
I agree! Recently I got two DD ddHiFi DJ35AR adapters. I use them to connect my IEMs which all have 2.5mm cables, to be used with my Qudelix-5K. Both of these adapters cause a "tsk-tsk" noise, like screeching, on both of the headphone outputs of my Mojo 2. I am getting this noise If I will rotate them a bit. The volume is also reduced. I need to find the right spot to listen to music. It also works if I will rotate them for a few seconds and then it seems to stop. This was an AliExpress purchase, otherwise I would have returned them, already. This does not happen if I will connect a 3.5mm cable directly.

Now I am waiting for a DD ddHiFi TC05 to arrive. I really hope it will function properly.
I'd like to leave here ddHIFI's response about my issue:

Hi, thanks for your message to us.
Since the DJ35AR plug is made of rhodium plated copper, which is very sensitive to all kinds of marks, such as finger prints, dust, etc. please try to use a piece of clean cloth to clean the plug before use to make sure it works perfectly.

I am listening right now with my 7Hz Timeless + XINHS 4 Cores Graphene 2.5mm + ddHiFi DJ35AR and I've tried that. It seems to reduce the issue but not eliminate it, entirely. Anyone, any ideas if I can use some solution on these connectors?

Thank you and apologies for the off-topic. Many people are buying these adapters, thought it can be helpful.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #4,999 of 11,001
I'd like to leave here ddHIFI's response about my issue:

Hi, thanks for your message to us.
Since the DJ35AR plug is made of rhodium plated copper, which is very sensitive to all kinds of marks, such as finger prints, dust, etc. please try to use a piece of clean cloth to clean the plug before use to make sure it works perfectly.

I am listening right now with my 7Hz Timeless + XINHS 4 Cores Graphene 2.5mm + ddHiFi DJ35AR and I've tried that. It seems to reduce the issue but not eliminate it, entirely. Anyone, any ideas if I can use some solution on these connectors?

Thank you and apologies for the off-topic. Many people are buying these adapters, thought it can be helpful.

It seems reasonable to think the plastic body adapters are harder to keep in spec, I've had nothing but perfect results with the metal bodied ddHiFi adapters and two plastic ones I have give connection issues if disturbed.

Have you looked at the Geekria straight line (not right angle) 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter from Amazon ? I've got one coming along with a 2.5mm to 1/4 inch if you were interested in a comparison to the plastic ddHiFi ones.

Jul 11, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #5,000 of 11,001
It seems reasonable to think the plastic body adapters are harder to keep in spec, I've had nothing but perfect results with the metal bodied ddHiFi adapters and two plastic ones I have give connection issues if disturbed.

Have you looked at the Geekria straight line (not right angle) 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter from Amazon ? I've got one coming along with a 2.5mm to 1/4 inch if you were interested in a comparison to the plastic ddHiFi ones.
Personally, I will not invest further in such adapters, I will be purchasing the appropriate cables from now on. But if you think such comparisons will help the community make more informed decisions, it would be great to read your impressions. Please, though, post a link to the products + include your audio chain.

Jul 11, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #5,001 of 11,001
A very immersive and engaging experience (7Hz Timeless)

Attachments

• image_2022-07-11_223809232.png
    image_2022-07-11_223809232.png
    347.1 KB · Views: 0
  • image_2022-07-11_224217591.png
    image_2022-07-11_224217591.png
    96.2 KB · Views: 0
Jul 11, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #5,002 of 11,001
Personally, I will not invest further in such adapters, I will be purchasing the appropriate cables from now on. But if you think such comparisons will help the community make more informed decisions, it would be great to read your impressions. Please, though, post a link to the products + include your audio chain.

That’s fine Nick, if you have sorted out other options all good.

By comparison I meant does it connect properly, I don’t need to advise on my “audio chain” to establish that. Adapter to Mojo, does it work reliably when disturbed yes or no.

What else am I going to comment on that the rest of the gear matters, unless you think the adapter is going to alter the sound, if they do the difference is beyond my hearing.

Jul 11, 2022 at 10:47 PM Post #5,004 of 11,001
@chaotic_angel: No explicit line out mode on the Mojo 2, but they advise you to set the volume to 3v with 41 clicks + from zero as I recall.

Now back to my iPhone & white noise woes. This evening I picked up an official Apple USB3 Camera Adapter, as seems to be the only OTG solution that is MFi Certified. The second time I plugged it in, I got prompted to update it. I guess that helps soften the costly investment.

I plugged in the stock Mojo 2 cable and as soon as I hit play on this new track, I notice it sounds... better!? So I pulled out the better cans and did some A/B. My initial impression was using the Apple Camera Adapter just sounds cleaner and clearer. After several takes, the FiiO LT-LT1 cable seems to introduce the faintest amount of buzz to some transients and dynamics seem compressed ever so slightly. This was my hi-res demo track. The FiiO cable introduced slight grain to the sitar and the ambient glass tone was slightly grating, plugging back into the Apple adapter brought back that clear lifelike sound that we all love! Tomorrow I'll test more and see if the Apple Adapter also reduces the cellular interference I was getting with the FiiO. Looks like I need to set up a return for the FiiO LT-LT1.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #5,005 of 11,001
@chaotic_angel: No explicit line out mode on the Mojo 2, but they advise you to set the volume to 3v with 41 clicks + from zero as I recall.

Now back to my iPhone & white noise woes. This evening I picked up an official Apple USB3 Camera Adapter, as seems to be the only OTG solution that is MFi Certified. The second time I plugged it in, I got prompted to update it. I guess that helps soften the costly investment.

I plugged in the stock Mojo 2 cable and as soon as I hit play on this new track, I notice it sounds... better!? So I pulled out the better cans and did some A/B. My initial impression was using the Apple Camera Adapter just sounds cleaner and clearer. After several takes, the FiiO LT-LT1 cable seems to introduce the faintest amount of buzz to some transients and dynamics seem compressed ever so slightly. This was my hi-res demo track. The FiiO cable introduced slight grain to the sitar and the ambient glass tone was slightly grating, plugging back into the Apple adapter brought back that clear lifelike sound that we all love! Tomorrow I'll test more and see if the Apple Adapter also reduces the cellular interference I was getting with the FiiO. Looks like I need to set up a return for the FiiO LT-LT1.

did you notice if the bitrate was changed with the cable?

Jul 12, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #5,008 of 11,001

Seems to be the only thing that doesn’t give white noise bursts. I have the dd Hifi L shaped lightning to C, and the little Lightning to C adapter and get white noise bursts with both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back