Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jul 3, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #4,876 of 10,805
Good evening
Has anyone used the Mojo 2 with the lcd 3? If so, could you share the DSP settings that equate to the recommended Audeze settings.
I am using an amp, is there enough juice to drive the Audeze?
Works, but not optimal is how I would describe the paring. It's a portal solution so gotta keep your expectations in check.

If you are using a separate amp, then mojo 2 has no problem putting out a good clean signal to the amp. You will need a good front end to get the best out of mojo 2.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #4,877 of 10,805
Good evening
Has anyone used the Mojo 2 with the lcd 3? If so, could you share the DSP settings that equate to the recommended Audeze settings.
I am using an amp, is there enough juice to drive the Audeze?
It's hard to tell if your amp has enough juice to drive the LCD-3 if you don't tell us which amp you have...

Jul 3, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #4,878 of 10,805
Hi
I am using a topping A30 Pro connected to mojo 2 via 3.5mm to analogue.
The question was also whether the mojo 2 would drive them on its own.
I was also wondering whether a more expensive amp would make any difference; some recommended the Bryson bha 1

Jul 3, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #4,879 of 10,805
Sadly, I will be returning my Chord Mojo 2 DAC tomorrow due to multiple reports of white noise which is a shame as I was looking forward to hearing hi-res music via Apple Music on my iPhone. It's simply a risk I'm not prepared to take.

Jul 3, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #4,880 of 10,805
that's the issue they stop working after major iOS updates, because they are not MFI. The only solution is MFI cables, maybe iFi
my iPhone has latest updates and still works fine.

Jul 3, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #4,881 of 10,805
Sadly, I will be returning my Chord Mojo 2 DAC tomorrow due to multiple reports of white noise which is a shame as I was looking forward to hearing hi-res music via Apple Music on my iPhone. It's simply a risk I'm not prepared to take.
I use Apple Music hi res via mojo 2 and iPhone with no problem?

Jul 3, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #4,883 of 10,805
That's great to read though I'm sure you can appreciate my apprehension given that I've already lost my sight and don't wish to affect my hearing. That said, for those of you using Mfi-certified cables, have you experienced any white noise issues?
I get it. Having that anxious anticipation of random white noise can take away from the listening experience!

Is the white noise issue reputed to be random whilst listening to music, or just when you turn the mojo 2 on?

Jul 3, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #4,884 of 10,805
I get it. Having that anxious anticipation of random white noise can take away from the listening experience!

Is the white noise issue reputed to be random whilst listening to music, or just when you turn the mojo 2 on?

I haven't even charged it up yet. According to what I've read here in this thread from multiple users, the issue is occurring while listening to music either in desktop mode or mobile use. I'm not concerned with the former as I will only be using it with my iPhone. Another member mentioned this problem a couple of pages back WHILE listening to jazz music on their iPad when connected to the DAC.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #4,885 of 10,805
Absolutely no issues using iPhone X/iPad pro with mojo 2 and using own ALAC files or with Apple Music/tidal/roon seems rather premature to send it back on the very rare chance you may experience noise which i doubt could cause hearing loss, perhaps a bit of discomfort at the most.

You mention that you have lost your sight?, may I ask just how on earth do you operate the mojo?, how do you operate your phone?

Jul 3, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #4,887 of 10,805
Absolutely no issues using iPhone X/iPad pro with mojo 2 and using own ALAC files or with Apple Music/tidal/roon seems rather premature to send it back on the very rare chance you may experience noise which i doubt could cause hearing loss, perhaps a bit of discomfort at the most.

You mention that you have lost your sight?, may I ask just how on earth do you operate the mojo?, how do you operate your phone?

Apple devices are fully accessible due to the built in screen reader known as VoiceOver.

VoiceOver is a built-in screen reader that describes aloud what appears on your computer screen: it speaks the text that's in documents and windows.

https://www.apple.com/voiceover/info/guide/_1121.html

Android devices have TalkBack built in but I think most visually impaired people prefer Apple.

Although I can't really identify the coloured balls on a Mojo 2, counting the number of clicks is easier than asking a family member to go through settings on a digital screen. That said, it will still take me time to get used to the menu.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #4,888 of 10,805
That said, it will still take me time to get used to the menu.

In that case why did you not choose a dac/amp with tactile buttons for operating status feedback?, not ashamed to say I initially choose the mojo as I liked the coloured balls and quirky method of operation, that I consider it to sound good was an added bonus.

Jul 3, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #4,889 of 10,805
In that case why did you not choose a dac/amp with tactile buttons for operating status feedback?, not ashamed to say I initially choose the mojo as I liked the coloured balls and quirky method of operation, that I consider it to sound good was an added bonus.

Re your suggestion, I wouldn't even know WHERE TO BEGIN LOOKING. Besides, I chose the Mojo 2 due to its reputation for SQ. I figured the settings wouldn't be difficult to manage.

"To accommodate the extra button, Chord has reduced the size of the Mojo’s control spheres, with the two middle volume buttons sensibly bigger than the
power and menu ones either side of it. Their smaller size and close positioning means that rather than haphazardly poking a finger in their general direction
and likely rolling it over the right one, a bit more precision is required to plant it where you want it. For many no doubt, that slight inconvenience
will be worth it for the extra functions the menu brings – that is, if they have the patience for the convoluted colour coding it requires. You don’t need
to have colour vision deficiency to not get on with this kind of ‘display’, but you will need Chord’s (admittedly, neatly spelled out) instruction manual
to have any hope of navigating it all."

https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/chord-mojo-2

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 8:34 PM Post #4,890 of 10,805
Hi
I am using a topping A30 Pro connected to mojo 2 via 3.5mm to analogue.
The question was also whether the mojo 2 would drive them on its own.
I was also wondering whether a more expensive amp would make any difference; some recommended the Bryson bha 1
I think a more powerful amp like the BHA-1 would make a significant difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back