Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 21, 2024 at 2:58 AM Post #10,802 of 10,895
Hi, I might have missed posts about:

Is there a good quality 75ohm cable like this? To go from Mscaler to M2.
There's more chance for RCA's than BNC's though.
I've the Audioquest adapter block 2x RCA female to 3,5 TRS male, but it's chunky/not flexible.
Thanks.

Found this one already
https://www.moon-audio.com/black-mini-coax-hugo-2-hugo-m-scaler.html

Alternatives?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-21-08-48-37-098_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-21-08-48-37-098_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 5:45 AM Post #10,803 of 10,895
Hi, I might have missed posts about:

Is there a good quality 75ohm cable like this? To go from Mscaler to M2.
There's more chance for RCA's than BNC's though.
I've the Audioquest adapter block 2x RCA female to 3,5 TRS male, but it's chunky/not flexible.
Thanks.

Found this one already
https://www.moon-audio.com/black-mini-coax-hugo-2-hugo-m-scaler.html

Alternatives?
$180 wow, that doesn't look like much more than $10 worth of parts. Can you work a soldering iron?

May 21, 2024 at 5:52 AM Post #10,804 of 10,895
$180 wow, that doesn't look like much more than $10 worth of parts. Can you work a soldering iron?

To be fair, Moon audio makes nice stuff. I'm sure you can make it cheaper DIY, but most of us don't have the skills or tools. You can go Aliexpress as well, but the quality is dodgy.

$180 to connect a $650 decice to a $5k device not unreasonable.

May 21, 2024 at 6:04 AM Post #10,805 of 10,895
May 21, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #10,806 of 10,895
May 21, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #10,808 of 10,895
Everyone says M2 has less resolution vs Hugo or TT.
Of course it does, it's a tiny fraction of the price. But it's still no slouch. Alot say it's more musical if you're into that compared to the more audiophile approach

May 21, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #10,811 of 10,895
It's very much recording dependant

Try it on Take Five Dave Brubeck

Tested it on the track you mentioned, I feel like with crossfeed full (blue) the bass gets pushed on the mid more and goes a bit back and less prominent, making it more intimate sounding. Desmond's alt sax is slightly more centered but not that much. Drums are not so pushed to the left, but get slightly less pushed making the soundstage appear ever so slightly more intimate as I said.. While without crossfeed drums go far left, bass is pushed outside on both left and right, and the soundstage appears a bit more wider. Just my feeling.

May 21, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #10,812 of 10,895
May 22, 2024 at 2:21 AM Post #10,813 of 10,895
Tested it on the track you mentioned, I feel like with crossfeed full (blue) the bass gets pushed on the mid more and goes a bit back and less prominent, making it more intimate sounding. Desmond's alt sax is slightly more centered but not that much. Drums are not so pushed to the left, but get slightly less pushed making the soundstage appear ever so slightly more intimate as I said.. While without crossfeed drums go far left, bass is pushed outside on both left and right, and the soundstage appears a bit more wider. Just my feeling.
What you consider as ”more intimate” is what I consider more correct. Again, this is a matter of opinion and preference. There is hardly a right or wrong. :)

On some tracks I feel that some instruments can become ”sound effects” because they lose their proper placement in the soundstage when not using crossfeed. Sounds have a tendency to be ”pushed wide” without crossfeed and that gives the sense of a wider soundstage.

P.S. The implementation of crossfeed differs between for example Chord and Roon - I much prefer Chord’s implementation.

May 22, 2024 at 5:47 AM Post #10,814 of 10,895
What you consider as ”more intimate” is what I consider more correct. Again, this is a matter of opinion and preference. There is hardly a right or wrong. :)

On some tracks I feel that some instruments can become ”sound effects” because they lose their proper placement in the soundstage when not using crossfeed. Sounds have a tendency to be ”pushed wide” without crossfeed and that gives the sense of a wider soundstage.

P.S. The implementation of crossfeed differs between for example Chord and Roon - I much prefer Chord’s implementation.
Yeh exactly, you're right here. It's probably more correct that the instruments don't become like this "sound effects" which is exactly what it feels like sometimes. But I prefer it simply because with crossfeed I feel I loose that width. I think here its simply an original problem which is just not large enough soundstage of both transducers and the device (which won't complement each other well) for my taste I guess. Some transducers already have more of a intimate soundstage feeling, and usually I want the device to give me the wider option for those kind- so I just eat up a bit of misplacement in return for greater width.

May 22, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #10,815 of 10,895

This is what I use closed-back headphones for. They sound more "coherent" and more intimate and less artificially separated. Work fantastically for exactly the listening situations you describe. I only really use crossfeed for older recordings with much more severe stereo separation. And like you, I find the Mojo 2's implementation of crossfeed far better than Roon's, Equalizer APO/Peace GUI's, and Qudelix 5K's. By far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back