Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jun 27, 2022 at 5:33 AM Post #4,786 of 10,574
Does the mojo2 sound good with the rognir ?
Just tested it; very good. Mojo 2 has plenty of power to drive them. Results are dynamic and punchy. Obviously, sounds better when you pair with an amp like the C9 or the Bakoon HPA-01M, but for minimalist set-up, you're good to go. Mojo 2 has the transparency to do the Rognir justice.

1110482.jpg

Jun 27, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #4,787 of 10,574
I have just changed my phone to an Android device (usb c). I previously used a Cayin USB C to lightening cable with my iPhone.

Anyone know what the appropriate cable is to connect the mojo 2 to a USB C connection? I guess that a usb C to usb C charging cable will not work ?
That's what I use. My Xperia came with a USB c to USB C charging cable. It plays through Mojo 2 without a problem. Always worth checking that whatever app you use to play your music has the ability to output audio directly, rather than pre processed by the phone. The first time I played music using the USB C cable, I couldn't believe how much the sound was altered compare to via Poly hotspot

Jun 27, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #4,788 of 10,574
That's what I use. My Xperia came with a USB c to USB C charging cable. It plays through Mojo 2 without a problem.
Some android phones need the cable to be OTG wired. Otherwise the phone won't switch to host operation.
Always worth checking that whatever app you use to play your music has the ability to output audio directly, rather than pre processed by the phone. The first time I played music using the USB C cable, I couldn't believe how much the sound was altered compare to via Poly hotspot
Neutron and UAPP for sure do, just to name two.
Frankly - just about any Android phone (specially without a SIM card) can act as a quality DAP. Just put one of those apps onto it, hey presto, you have a DAP with large screen, good battery life and plenty of storage!
What more one wants!
You can even add streaming services, it has wifi!

Jun 27, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #4,790 of 10,574
I use my Mojo 2 with my computer (MacBook Pro) and my smartphone (iPhone).
The connection between the MBP and the Mojo with a USB C to USB C cable works perfectly.
On the other hand, the connection between the iPhone and the Mojo with a lightning to USB C cable does not work. However, it is indeed a synchronization cable.
I need to use a camera kit adapter with a USB A to micro USB or USB C cable.
Not very practical.
Do you have suggestions for cables that can be used for a direct connection, without an adapter ?

Jun 27, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #4,791 of 10,574
I use my Mojo 2 with my computer (MacBook Pro) and my smartphone (iPhone).
The connection between the MBP and the Mojo with a USB C to USB C cable works perfectly.
On the other hand, the connection between the iPhone and the Mojo with a lightning to USB C cable does not work. However, it is indeed a synchronization cable.
I need to use a camera kit adapter with a USB A to micro USB or USB C cable.
Not very practical.
Do you have suggestions for cables that can be used for a direct connection, without an adapter ?
Look at ddhifi cables.

Jun 27, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #4,798 of 10,574
I got a lotoo usb c to lighting and stoped working following the latest iPhone update
That’s a thing I was worried about.
The Apple updates.
Years ago when the OG Mojo came out Fiio did a cable that worked .
Until Apple did a update.
Hence why I bought a ddhifi lightning to usbc adapter.
You can use most usbc otg cables with it.
Unless these cables have a proper Apple chip in them there’s always a risk.

Jun 28, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #4,799 of 10,574
That’s a thing I was worried about.
The Apple updates.
Years ago when the OG Mojo came out Fiio did a cable that worked .
Until Apple did a update.
Hence why I bought a ddhifi lightning to usbc adapter.
You can use most usbc otg cables with it.
Unless these cables have a proper Apple chip in them there’s always a risk.
Right, this is a real problem, my Fiio cable doesn’t work 😢

Users who are viewing this thread

Back